Dealing with uncomfortable balcony furniture...help

Loreni

Here are pictures of Princess old balcony furniture, new furniture and Celebrity Equinox furniture. Some of the old Princess furniture had reclining backs, but I couldn't find a picture right now. The new furniture is very straight and hard. The Celebrity furniture was from a Concierge Class cabin which is why a footstool was included. It was comfortable, though. Edited by KruzPrincess

[quote name='bigguy6']Is the balcony furniture that this thread is talking about different than the furniture Princess was using 2 years ago? That furniture was not the most comfortable but was adequate as far as I was concerned. Just wondering if it was change out during the last 2 years for something less comfortable.[/QUOTE]

Same as 2 years ago but it took awhile to get implemented fleet wide. I know we had the new stuff on our May 2012 B2B2B cruise on the Sapphire.

I have been vocal about this balcony furniture for 2 years...we just returned from a wonderful 20 days on the Emerald and were fortunate to have the "old furniture" on the Carib deck. I could see on the dolphin deck below and the newer chairs were there. I came on board with cushions I didn't have to use. I still wonder who made this decision and if they actually sat on this chair? Please let's keep this subject current!

[quote name='Coral']I have a difficult time buying this argument (fireproof) as last I knew, they still used similar furniture on suite cabin balconies.[/quote]

I've seen posters give this rather lame explanation about why loungers aren't allowed on non-suite balconies, but I figured that they didn't know that wood loungers, chairs and tables are on suite balconies so obviously the "fireproof" argument isn't valid.

We have had the extra-long minisuite balcony (9 ft. deep and 18 ft. wide) several times and could never figure out why we couldn't have a lounger - PLENTY of room! :rolleyes: