Charge after leaving ship

Deely

We returned from our first Cunard cruise a few weeks ago and have just received our credit card bill for the charges we made onboard and there is an additional charge made after we left the ship. Now it's only a tiny amount ($3.16) but I was just wondering if the was a simple way to check what it might be. Our 'final' charge was printed at 02:46 and we didn't make any purchases after this so just a little stumped as to what it could be but don't want to spend too much time and effort for such a small sum.

We returned from our first Cunard cruise a few weeks ago and have just received our credit card bill for the charges we made onboard and there is an additional charge made after we left the ship. Now it's only a tiny amount ($3.16) but I was just wondering if the was a simple way to check what it might be. Our 'final' charge was printed at 02:46 and we didn't make any purchases after this so just a little stumped as to what it could be but don't want to spend too much time and effort for such a small sum.

the same thing happened to us, although it was for a larger sum of money. since we were vacationing in Europe at the time, I emailed my travel agent and asked her to look into it for me. She called Cunard and got it straightened out.

They first told her it was just a 'standard hold' put on the card but I knew that wasn't correct, for one thing we were off the ship by then and the amount was to exact...it looked like a charge of some type. I told my TA to go back at them again and it was resolved.

I kept my final bill from Cunard and was able to tell her the exact amount I had owed and I think that helped. You really don't need a travel agent to do it, it was just more convenient for me at the time.

Call Cunard and you should be able to get it fixed.

Edited by Cruise NH

I am sorry to read of your On Board spending problem -even if it is for a small amount.

To anyone about to cruise (on any ship) I would advise them to check their listed spending every few days. Of course this would not stop a "mistake" after you have left the ship, but if you have the last two statements, you can always photocopy them to prove your case.

I have found charges that were not mine, when checking every two/three days. In one case it was for $75 dollars in the cosmetic shop. At first I was told that the charge had to be mine, but when I insisted that they produce a photocopy of my signed receipt, they were unable to do so and had to concede that they had made an error.

I hope that you enjoyed the cruise itself.

Lynn

This happened to me but mine was over $70.00, I rang Cunard and was eventually told I had been changed for a bathrode!. I challenged this and got the money refunded.

It seems the stewards report any "missing" items so maybe you have been changed for a drink out of the fridge or something like that.

Deely,

I concur with Lanky Lad's assessment that the additional $3.16 charge is mostly likely for a beverage that was reported missing from your refrigerator after your departure.

The statement from our recent voyage on the QM2 shows two separate $3.16 charges for sodas we had consumed from the refrigerator in our stateroom during the course of the voyage. This represents a $2.75 price + 15% automatic gratuity = $3.16.

Regards,

John.

On a different note I would imagine most people who settle in cash before they leave, would have some addition charges, due to the fact that you have to pay before 6.00pm on the day before you disembark. Unless of course you stockpile some drinks, before you settle up.

This happened to me but mine was over $70.00, I rang Cunard and was eventually told I had been changed for a bathrode!. I challenged this and got the money refunded.

It seems the stewards report any "missing" items so maybe you have been changed for a drink out of the fridge or something like that.

I have been charge twice for the wine on the last evenings dinner in QG on QM2. It was each time the same wine butler. It was refunded without any further discussin, but the wine butler still hss his job :(

Deely,

I concur with Lanky Lad's assessment that the additional $3.16 charge is mostly likely for a beverage that was reported missing from your refrigerator after your departure.

The statement from our recent voyage on the QM2 shows two separate $3.16 charges for sodas we had consumed from the refrigerator in our stateroom during the course of the voyage. This represents a $2.75 price + 15% automatic gratuity = $3.16.

Regards,

John.

That could make sense as we did take everything out of the fridge for our own drinks and put theirs behind the TV but as the ship spent several days rocking quite heavily they were flying all over the place so maybe one rolled under the bed and we didn't spot it so obviously didn't put it back in the fridge.

Thanks, mystery solved!