Serenade OTS Picture Review. Western Caribbean 2/1-2/8/2014

Darkwolfe

John was pretty high energy and my folks went to one of his shows and reported that his talent was very good as well (They live in Branson, Mo so they seen enough that I will take their word for it). For my part, I did rather a double-take at an all US CD team since the activities director is his wife. I'm used to seeing British and Canadian CDs! (Laugh at myself on that) They did a great job across the board. Exuberant in every activity.

We were on the cruise after yours and Rita dragged me to his afternoon Neil Diamond show on our last full day aboard ship. He was a surprisingly good Neil Diamond impersonator and received a well deserved standing ovation. It was definitely a high energy performance.

Would you happen to know what time they started letting people off the ship in NOLA ? Thanks

They day we boarded, the ship was three hours late and arrived near 11am. However, they were getting into high gear and started letting people off by noon.

Normal time, which took place when we returned, self debark started at 6:30am.

Thank you SO much for this review! We sail on April 12 and are so excited!

What can you tell me about show times? We have MTD, and I have yet to make any reservations due to not knowing what time the shows are.

Thanks for the boarding info as well. I had been wondering what would be a good time to arrive at the port, and now I know!!!

Thoroughly enjoyed your photos and accompanying commentary!!!

Andrea

What can you tell me about show times? We have MTD, and I have yet to make any reservations due to not knowing what time the shows are.

Thanks for the boarding info as well. I had been wondering what would be a good time to arrive at the port, and now I know!!!

Andrea

There are two showtimes, one for early seating and one for late. Typically, the shows are the same (or very close to) the same times as the dinner seatings in the MDR. So if you choose to go to dinner late, say around 8pm, you will probably want the early show around 6-ish.

I'd not worry too much about it though. Seems like most "MyTime" folks are showing up when they are ready rather than reserving. That being said, I don't use that particular program since we rather like the traditional dining times. So if any one else that's more used to it happens by please feel free to improve on what info I have.

Thank you so much for a great review. It will be interesting to see some of our Adventure crew on board there for sure. Our favorite waiter and room steward are still on the Adventure but we also enjoyed several others over the past three years.

Just a terrific review and again thank you for taking the time to post.

Thank you so much for a great review. It will be interesting to see some of our Adventure crew on board there for sure. Our favorite waiter and room steward are still on the Adventure but we also enjoyed several others over the past three years.

Just a terrific review and again thank you for taking the time to post.

Thanks! Great review and all!

Sent from my LT28i using Tapatalk

You're welcome! Had fun doing it. :D

Andrea

We just got back on the 22nd and had my time dining with a 615 reservation and could make the 830 show every time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 3 months later...

Thoroughly enjoyed your review and photos !!! Great job !!! :)

We have been on the Cozumel/Cayman/Falmouth itinerary twice and will be going on Serenade the Key West/Nassau/Coco Cay route next March. So glad to see photos of the ship and relive our cruises through your descriptions!!

Two questions: (1) Prytania Park Hotel. Considering it for our cruise next March 2015. We stayed just down the street at the Maison St. Charles for our first cruise and loved it. The Prytania is just off of St. Charles and a few blocks west - did your family feel safe in the parking lot, other hotel areas, and walking out the short distance to St. Charles - day or night? I've been told one street off the beaten path can make a huge difference.

(2) Please tell me the wonderful ice cream machines are on the Serenade, near the pool area ??!!! Hubby became addicted on our two Voyager class ships. Me too :rolleyes:

Edited by CruzieSue

Thoroughly enjoyed your review and photos !!! Great job !!! :)

We have been on the Cozumel/Cayman/Falmouth itinerary twice and will be going on Serenade the Key West/Nassau/Coco Cay route next March. So glad to see photos of the ship and relive our cruises through your descriptions!!

Two questions: (1) Prytania Park Hotel. Considering it for our cruise next March 2015. We stayed just down the street at the Maison St. Charles for our first cruise and loved it. The Prytania is just off of St. Charles and a few blocks west - did your family feel safe in the parking lot, other hotel areas, and walking out the short distance to St. Charles - day or night? I've been told one street off the beaten path can make a huge difference.

(2) Please tell me the wonderful ice cream machines are on the Serenade, near the pool area ??!!! Hubby became addicted on our two Voyager class ships. Me too :rolleyes:

We felt fine at the Prytania Park. They have security watching the parking lot at all times. It's a super easy stroll to St Charles. Voodoo BBQ is two blocks away and was quite tasty after a 10 hour drive.

Your favorite ice cream machine are still there. Made use of them several times myself. :)

Thanks a bunch !!! :)

You are welcome!

Great review so far, and love the pics of the Serenade, and can't wait for more. Booked on the Serenade Dec, 2015.

Actually this review is complete. However, I'll answer any questions that you might have. :)

Thanks for the Review! We are going on our first RCCL cruise next year, and my first trip to New Orleans, so it was very helpful.

We were in Mexico once during Iguana mating season....that is a sight to behold!

Thanks for the Review! We are going on our first RCCL cruise next year, and my first trip to New Orleans, so it was very helpful.

We were in Mexico once during Iguana mating season....that is a sight to behold!

Enjoy! The Quarter is small enough to wander around on foot. Plenty of good food and other interests around.

I'm glad this review got brought back to the front, I missed it when you first posted it. Thanks for all the pictures, I enjoyed seeing them. SR is the only RD class ship I haven't been on. They are my favorite class, so I would like to cruise on her eventually.

I'm glad this review got brought back to the front, I missed it when you first posted it. Thanks for all the pictures, I enjoyed seeing them. SR is the only RD class ship I haven't been on. They are my favorite class, so I would like to cruise on her eventually.

You are welcome. I had a good time doing the review. Got another one coming for Vision before the end of June. :)

I enjoyed your review. thank you for the pictures. We booked the March 2015 cruise on the Serenade with the BOGO sale. I read recently that Royal Caribbean is puling out of NOLA. We wanted to sail before they do.

True enough. I suspect that the navigation up the Mississippi is proving to be more expensive than RCI would like. It's entirely too easy for that passage to get blocked if another vessel has a problem. Most ports don't have that 4-5 hour river travel to be reached.

Enjoy and don't forget to snoop out the food in NOLA before you sail. :)

I am also glad this was brought back up.

I wanted to thank you for all your insights and information.

I thoroughly enjoyed my B2B cruises (Caribbean and Bahamas) as well as the 3 days we stayed in NOLA.

I see what you meant about Bourbon Street. DH rather liked it, I might add.

One of our friends, who is a photographer, unfortunately had his battery die.

I offered mine, but it didn't fit his camera. He had to use his cell phone.

Then I saw what he was taking a picture of. Or rather, who he was taking a picture of. ;):eek:

She was playing it to the max.....:D

His wife and I just shook our heads.....

Enjoyed your review and look forward to reading about Vision.

I will be back on Serenade next year going NOLA to Boston. Should be fun!

I am also glad this was brought back up.

I wanted to thank you for all your insights and information.

I thoroughly enjoyed my B2B cruises (Caribbean and Bahamas) as well as the 3 days we stayed in NOLA.

I see what you meant about Bourbon Street. DH rather liked it, I might add.

One of our friends, who is a photographer, unfortunately had his battery die.

I offered mine, but it didn't fit his camera. He had to use his cell phone.

Then I saw what he was taking a picture of. Or rather, who he was taking a picture of. ;):eek:

She was playing it to the max.....:D

His wife and I just shook our heads.....

Enjoyed your review and look forward to reading about Vision.

I will be back on Serenade next year going NOLA to Boston. Should be fun!

ROFLOL!!! I did warn you didn't I? :D

ROFLOL!!! I did warn you didn't I? :D

You DID! :D:D

But I still wasn't quite prepared until I saw it first-hand...lol

NOLA is quite the interesting city. I loved all the beads hanging off the trees along the Mardi Gras route. Not to mention the ones hanging from the balconies on Bourbon Street!

Can't wait to go back next April. The new mall will be open by then! Trade-off for the Bourbon Street scenery :p ;)

• 3 months later...

This was an absolutely insightful, AWESOME review! My family and I are on the serenade in november... I may have many more questions, but for now can you tell me when formal and theme e nights are and what the theme nights are? I am the only one that's ever cruised of the 8 of us going and it's been 13 years..... any tips of things to make sure to bring? Have you attended chefs table? Anything else would be great for us to know?