I don't "get" wristlets. Please enlighten me!

magandab

..................What did you do yesterday?

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

I was on a cruise.:D

Many gals were wearing Lanyards, some must have had everything in their pockets. Others were using everything from small bags to HUGE bags.

Didn't understand the huge bag thing as the weather was cool and maybe 5 people around the pool.

I love to use a wristlet while on a cruise. It just works better for me then carrying a shoulder bag. My sister got me the cutest Dooney & Bourke one that has beach umbrellas on it for Christmas which I used on our last cruise 2 weeks ago, I love it!!!

Okay, I want one of each of the wristlets I've seen posted on this last page, especially the silver Coach one!

Also, I love, love, love, Lisa's natiucal straw clutch. I want one!:p

I found that silver Coach one on eBay, with some pushing from IHeart. It is brand new, with tags and had a "make offer" option. I made what I thought was kind of a ridiculous offer, and the seller accepted it! Wooo Hooo. I guess I was meant to have it.

Now I just hope it holds my small camera. My small camera is a bit bigger than most.

I found that silver Coach one on eBay, with some pushing from IHeart. It is brand new, with tags and had a "make offer" option. I made what I thought was kind of a ridiculous offer, and the seller accepted it! Wooo Hooo. I guess I was meant to have it.

Now I just hope it holds my small camera. My small camera is a bit bigger than most.

Woo Hoo! I love the "make an offer" options.

Lisa

I just bought a cute wristlet and yet another clutch on eBay. I will use both purses on vacation and in my every day life. They are both day purses. I may need to convert one of the hall closets into a purse and accessory closet. :eek:

Lisa

LOL Lisa

I love purses also and my hubby says well go ahead and get another "Cruise Purse" lol reason # 450 why I love him lol

just a few of my "cruise purses" and this did not stop me from getting 2 more on my last cruise

:):):):):)

Guess what I found yesterday at TJ Maxx...?!

A Sherpani tote bag (well, it's more of a medium-sized duffle-type bag) ON SALE!:D It's awesome and I can't wait to take it on my trip back home to FL in April. It's canvas and has an adorable picture of a little bird and a heart and what looks like an egg-shaped tree. It's so whimsical and adorable! It's not my usual type of bag but I couldn't resist it. I had not heard of this brand of handbag before until someone here on the board posted a picture of her cross-body bag. I was really just out looking around killing time and happened to see this bag on the sale rack.

It's beige canvas with olive green straps. You can carry it by short handles or over the shoulder as it also has a detachable, adjustable, shoulder strap. It has two large zip-up pockets on the inside, a small zip-up pouch on the outside front, and a large zip-up pouch on the outside back. It is so well-made and I'm so in love with it! I wish I knew how to post pictures so you could see how cute it is. I'm so excited about it!:D

By the way ladies...TJ Maxx must have gotten a new shipment in because they had all kinds of cross-body bags, especially my favorite brand, Baggallini, in all different color, sizes, and prices. I was almost tempted to buy this beautiful coral-colored Baggallini cross-body but opted instead to go with the Sherpani, which I just couldn't resist.

Edited by mousey

I just went on-line and found out that my new Sherpani bag falls into their "Element" category of bags. Also, judging from the prices I'm seeing on the internet for these bags...I got an incredible deal at TJ Maxx! Even more happy now. I also found a Sherpani "sale" site and think I'm going to send away for a small cross-body wallet that matches my new duffle bag and that will fit inside of it! So excited! I always love the tips I get from CC!

Here are 3 casual and fun wristlets I purchased on ebay the night I was wrapped up in this thread. I blame all of you. These are really tiny - the smallest ones just big enough for my iPhone. I generally use a few that are about twice the size of the larger one. That is metallic silver on the black Coach one, although hard to tell in the picture.

photo_zps582414a3.jpg

I love your purses Cat! I will have to pull mine out and take a picture. But first, I am gutting Walt's closet and constructing a wooden closet organizer. Walt is out of town until tomorrow night, so I decided to surprise him...plus, his closet is a disaster and needs major help. :eek:

I plan on building an accessory closet after this project. :D

Lisa

I would love to see the before and after of the closets and organizers !!!

Oh, there was no before picture. Walt's closet was horrendous so I did not take a before shot. Our house was built in the 60's and the closet has sliding doors with one rod running the 8 foot length. I have built and installed everything now and just have to put his clothes and shoes in it. When everything is organized I will take a picture. :)

Lisa

Sorry for being off topic for a moment...

Cat, here are a couple of photos of Walt's closet.

ImageUploadedByForums1393683728.204361.jpg.a985d55cdd95275408e2ccf07db97fc0.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1393683754.737336.jpg.47cac8eb7343aa518e9e94e8a06f7c5a.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1393683771.439583.jpg.e0bbbecb61b71c6d5535b1a6e667c24b.jpg

From one bar across the closet with tshirts and shorts piled on the long shelf and shoes in a pile to this. I think he will be shocked and happy.

Lisa

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Lisa,

Good job! If I may offer a suggestion, when we bought our house with those sliding doors, one of the first things DH did was to remove doors, trim them, so they individually open outward - giving greater access to everything! Think about it - it makes a world of difference!

Lisa,

Good job! If I may offer a suggestion, when we bought our house with those sliding doors, one of the first things DH did was to remove doors, trim them, so they individually open outward - giving greater access to everything! Think about it - it makes a world of difference!

Oh, that is the next step. Walt decided to come home a day early, so all I could finish was this. I plan on buying bi-fold doors for his closet tomorrow...he can help me install them. :D

Lisa

My advantage after putting in multilevel clothes racks, was I got an over-the-door shoe rack, holding Many pairs! on the single door. But. if you've already addressed this, go for the bi-fold doors.

My advantage after putting in multilevel clothes racks, was I got an over-the-door shoe rack, holding Many pairs! on the single door. But. if you've already addressed this, go for the bi-fold doors.

When we bought this house I gave the master closet to Walt and I took over the closets in the other three bedrooms. I need a lot more space for all of my shoes, so I am transforming one of the hall closets into a shoe and accessory closet. I think I will do that the next time Walt is out of town. :eek:

Lisa