New Menu "for the table"

SMSACE6

Can anyone who has been on a ship with the "new menu", tell me if; the "for the table items are only for a large table, such as family or group of friends to be shared as it implies? Or, are those items, specifically caesar salad and calamari, flatbread also available in smaller servings for a solo diner, or a table for two?

I cant seem to get any info on this, perhaps because there are fewer solos and party of twos posting reviews.

Im not crazy about some of the appetizer items on the new menu and would like to be able to order either one these items instead, but only if they come in an appropriate serving size.

Thanks.

Can anyone who has been on a ship with the "new menu", tell me if; the "for the table items are only for a large table, such as family or group of friends to be shared as it implies? Or, are those items, specifically caesar salad and calamari, flatbread also available in smaller servings for a solo diner, or a table for two?

I cant seem to get any info on this, perhaps because there are fewer solos and party of twos posting reviews.

Im not crazy about some of the appetizer items on the new menu and would like to be able to order either one these items instead, but only if they come in an appropriate serving size.

Thanks.

I posted a question about pie that is "for the table" and several people answered me. You can get the pie for 1 or 2 so I assume that would be true for other items that are "for the table" as well.

I posted a question about pie that is "for the table" and several people answered me. You can get the pie for 1 or 2 so I assume that would be true for other items that are "for the table" as well.

We had last week as many as 4 people ordering the pie and it came to the table as individual slices.

My husband and I were on the Liberty in January. We sat with 3 other couples we did not know before the cruise (but well by the end!). Almost every night more than half the table ordered calamari and/or Cesar salad. They both came to the table like always, on your own plate. Even when just DH and I ordered a "for the table" item it came individually to the table. The only thing I remember all week that came to the table whole was the dessert on the first elegant night. It was fancy and deserved to be seen before it was cut. However, our waiter showed it off to the table then took it and sliced it and served it. There was never any serving yourself from a platter or anything like that.

Bottom line I am not sure what the fuss is about with the new menu. Is it different? Yes! Is the food good? Yes! Are some of my old favorites gone? Yes! Are some of my old favorites still available? Yes! Do I have new favorites? Yes!

Enjoy your cruise and the experience of something new!

My husband and I were on the Liberty in January. We sat with 3 other couples we did not know before the cruise (but well by the end!). Almost every night more than half the table ordered calamari and/or Cesar salad. They both came to the table like always, on your own plate. Even when just DH and I ordered a "for the table" item it came individually to the table. The only thing I remember all week that came to the table whole was the dessert on the first elegant night. It was fancy and deserved to be seen before it was cut. However, our waiter showed it off to the table then took it and sliced it and served it. There was never any serving yourself from a platter or anything like that.

Bottom line I am not sure what the fuss is about with the new menu. Is it different? Yes! Is the food good? Yes! Are some of my old favorites gone? Yes! Are some of my old favorites still available? Yes! Do I have new favorites? Yes!

Could you elaborate as to what are your new favorites? Just trying to get some ideas. Thanks

Friends were on the first glory cruise with new menu and apparently they have reduced the number of family style platters coming to the table.

Never saw an entire pie on our table, always served to us by the slice

Friends were on the first glory cruise with new menu and apparently they have reduced the number of family style platters coming to the table.

Never saw an entire pie on our table, always served to us by the slice

Good to hear! "For the table" was a stupid idea and I hope they do away with it entirely.

I just got off the Inspiration 3-day which I was told was the ship's second sailing with the new menu. We had table cloths. One night I ordered a Hazelnut Tiramisu (pic) which didn't taste much like hazelnut at all and the center was frozen. I didn't finish it.

There was an ahi tuna app (pic) the first night that was great. Under the port of call section out of LA there was a miso salmon (pic) that was excellent. On elegant night I also tried the sea bass option that said it has a citrus cream sauce, but it tasted like tartar sauce all over an over-cooked piece of fish. I didn't finish it.

I sampled the lobster and shrimp that night which was ok, but a bit too salty for my taste and the risotto it came with was mushy and no one at the table finished theirs.

The last night I tried the vegetarian option which was a portobello stuffed with kale (pic), but when it arrived it was just thin strips of mushroom layered in between super-salty greens. The orange-colored sauce on this dish was tasty, though. The dessert I tried was a banana bread pudding (pic) with coconut ice cream - both were good.

We had the calamari (pic) every night which was good and I also had the flatbread (pic) a couple nights which was tasty.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392175996.140991.jpg.7ce2824ad0dd6f99a6778e1c91444039.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392175905.524112.jpg.ef41572e325df7bf5b76e1b06188ba24.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392175925.574084.jpg.3226d2e0185d199e780ded82e6b033cc.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392175941.357666.jpg.1e6b81a1927d81da599001597499f9e9.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392175955.956922.jpg.21597d0ecbcf842b79678f50a7945982.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392175973.623496.jpg.4c8be120c9005c12352a8c54a6bbe3ef.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392175984.440215.jpg.4633af608057b01617ee77e409c1dec8.jpg

I just got off the Inspiration 3-day which I was told was the ship's second sailing with the new menu. We had table cloths. One night I ordered a Hazelnut Tiramisu (pic) which didn't taste much like hazelnut at all and the center was frozen. I didn't finish it.

There was an ahi tuna app (pic) the first night that was great. Under the port of call section out of LA there was a miso salmon (pic) that was excellent. On elegant night I also tried the sea bass option that said it has a citrus cream sauce, but it tasted like tartar sauce all over an over-cooked piece of fish. I didn't finish it.

I sampled the lobster and shrimp that night which was ok, but a bit too salty for my taste and the risotto it came with was mushy and no one at the table finished theirs.

The last night I tried the vegetarian option which was a portobello stuffed with kale (pic), but when it arrived it was just thin strips of mushroom layered in between super-salty greens. The orange-colored sauce on this dish was tasty, though. The dessert I tried was a banana bread pudding (pic) with coconut ice cream - both were good.

We had the calamari (pic) every night which was good and I also had the flatbread (pic) a couple nights which was tasty.

[ATTACH]302022[/ATTACH][ATTACH]302023[/ATTACH][ATTACH]302024[/ATTACH][ATTACH]302025[/ATTACH][ATTACH]302026[/ATTACH][ATTACH]302027[/ATTACH][ATTACH]302028[/ATTACH]

Thank you SO MUCH for the pictures and review. Anyone else want to share?

I'm not really sure how to elaborate! I'm not a "foodie" and I didn't take any pictures. There were a few appetizers I really liked, one was the ahi tuna and another was the ceviche. I was happy to see my most favorite mushroom soup still being served. I did not care for the pasta course on the formal nights. I thought it was odd. If I wanted pasta I would order it. I had steak a few times and didn't like any of it except the prime rib. I order it med rare and it was cooked right but was tough and chewy. I was sad to not see the creme brûlée and the replacement for it was some type of "popcorn" pot de creme or something and it was awful. The dessert they served on formal night was good but they didn't give us a choice, just brought it out. A new dessert, s'more parfait, was absolutely wonderful and it's my new favorite. My husband liked all the fruit pies. I liked the calamari. Hmmmm....I do better with direct questions if you have any! I feel like I am rambling. Overall I thought the food was good and I was never hungry. I enjoyed trying new things and wished I could have tried more. I miss some of the old desserts but the new ones are pretty darn good for the most part.

I forgot to add that I filled out the food survey Carnival sent me. It asked for my thoughts on the "champagne toast" on formal night. That was the first I had heard of a champagne toast, as we did not get one and neither did the tables around us. We had traditional late seating dinner, which is our preferred seating.

Thanks for your review. We are going on her on Friday.

New or old Pizza? (Could you still get garlic bread and ceasar salad?)

Lido menus-- Were the dinner menus look like the new menus or was the Lido chef still using the old menus.

Edited by SadieN

I'm not really sure how to elaborate! I'm not a "foodie" and I didn't take any pictures. There were a few appetizers I really liked, one was the ahi tuna and another was the ceviche. I was happy to see my most favorite mushroom soup still being served. I did not care for the pasta course on the formal nights. I thought it was odd. If I wanted pasta I would order it. I had steak a few times and didn't like any of it except the prime rib. I order it med rare and it was cooked right but was tough and chewy. I was sad to not see the creme brûlée and the replacement for it was some type of "popcorn" pot de creme or something and it was awful. The dessert they served on formal night was good but they didn't give us a choice, just brought it out. A new dessert, s'more parfait, was absolutely wonderful and it's my new favorite. My husband liked all the fruit pies. I liked the calamari. Hmmmm....I do better with direct questions if you have any! I feel like I am rambling. Overall I thought the food was good and I was never hungry. I enjoyed trying new things and wished I could have tried more. I miss some of the old desserts but the new ones are pretty darn good for the most part.

This is PERFECT...just wondering what people liked or didn't. I know taste is subjective. What didn't you like about the popcorn pot dessert. Was is too sweet, weird flavor, or texture?