Any vaccines required for Panama Canal

firstplacechef

Here are the CDC recommendations for cruisers to Panama: http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/cruise_ship/panama

Cruised to the PC in 2006 and 2008. Glad I did not know about this CDC site. No problems on excursions on the lake or the bus tour to Panama City. These remain my favorite cruises of all time, especially the first.

firstplacechef,

We just got back from a 15 night Panama Canal cruise on the Infinity, no required vaccinations.

Also, no travel visas required.

Have you been back to Hawaii since 2009?

We have not, but I see y'all have. :). We just got back from Paris on a Viking River Cruise and we enjoyed it. The PC cruise is for our 30th anniversary, Hawaii was our 25th. We're really looking forward to it.

Edited by firstplacechef

I personally keep all my shot records in a book called International Certificate of Vaccination. The book is CDC 731. The doctor updates it every time I get shots. I have the following. measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine, diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine, varicella (chickenpox) vaccine, polio vaccine, and your yearly flu shot. Also Yellow fever, Hepatitis A & B. Typhoid. Some of them are once in a life time. Some are good for 10 years. I take the book on every cruise or land vacation. Richard

Reading the cruise contract and it's clear as mud. Are any vaccines required for a PC transit for those in good health?
We have done 3 full transits. No vaccines.

No problem, even for those in our group who have health problems of various kinds.

We were told that no vaccines are needed if you are just going to be visiting the tourist excursion areas.