Princess Online Survey

aaerobear

Has anyone else gotten the Princess Online Survey which is mostly about how they handle passengers on the web and through the 800 number? It was really quite an in-depth survey.

I was VERY critical of the 800 reps and how uninformed they were. Also how they needed a lot more training to perform their jobs adequately.

How many also got the survey?

You probably have to have called Princess in order to receive the survey. Since I don't book directly through Princess because I prefer to save money, I'm unlikely to get the survey. It's not unusual for companies to send you a survey following a Customer Service call. Sometimes they are short, sometimes in-depth.

I too got the on-line survey to complete. I have NOT spoken with a Princess rep nor did I book through the Princess site so I am not sure why I was chosen. We have cruised with Princess before and are booked for later this year, however.

My husband received the survey and of course since I make all our reservations asked me to complete it for him. We book directly with Princess Vacation Planners and have loved their service for years. But I did give them honest answers and suggestions so we will see if they listen... :)

I as well got an email requesting to fill out a questionnaire. I booked online the last cruise and this upcoming cruise and have not called their customer service as of yet. I thought it was a random pick form what I could tell. Took about 5 minutes. Easy peasy!;)

I got one about two days ago and as another poster pointed out, it was pretty in depth.

My biggest hit was the lack of quality of their web presence, especially "My Princess".

1) Errors, omissions, duplications and contradictions in the "Important Notices" section for your booked cruise are very common. Often they are obvious cut-and-paste errors, sometimes the information is outdated, outright wrong, confusing and so on.

2) Errors in the web-site itself, as we've all seen numerous posts on CC regarding this. Just today, when I logged in, the pop-up window asking for e-mail and password was, for lack of a better term, SNAFU'd.

3) Simple programming errors in the database. For instance, "My Princess" tells me I have eight saved cruises, yet there are only seven when I go to view them. It isn't a big deal in itself but IMHO represents the tip of the iceberg with the lack of quality in the web-site production staff.

Anyway, I just realized I'm ranting (again). I hope if enough of us point out these things, something effective will be done. Fingers crossed but not putting money on positive results.

I was told by the bartender in Crooners that the questionnaire/comment card that you used to receive in paper form in your cabin the last day would be sent to my email and told how important it is to the crew that you complete it. She did not ask that I mention her or her partner but stressed that good comments from passengers are very valuable to the crew. Several days went by after my return from the cruise and I received nothing, but since she'd told me they do now email it, I checked my spam email and Voila! there it was. I completed the form and mentioned all the fabulous crew members I encountered. It was lengthy but not more so than the paper questionnaire/comment card I used to receive. This may not be the questionnaire you're talking about but thought it worth mentioning how the old comment card was replaced by an online questionnaire after my most recent cruise.

Edited by NRWPA

I too got the survey. But not surprised because a while ago they had requested people to review their webpage designs. Which I had originally signed up to do and was directed to their web page and answered numerous questions about the potential web site design. They asked at that time if they could contact me again re design and I got this email re design for their upcoming cell phone app. The questions were very similar to their web site design questions.

So glad to see princess is getting a phone app. The design I saw had options for viewing your booking and making flights, excursions etc.

vickie

We filled out the survey. We have used the 800 number numerous times and book mainly through Princess, the reps have always been very knowledgeable about the product and able to correct anything that was incorrect.:) Having now done one cruise on Celebrity and an upcoming one on RCCL I can say that their websites are very unfriendly to use.:( I have had to post on CC Roll Calls for help in using their sites and call them when things like our names appeared wrong (not matching our passports). Their reps have all been very good also, just not their websites. Princess can make improvements but right now to us they are way ahead of the confusing competition.;)

the survey i got was not the one you get at the end of your cruise, everyone who cruises get that one.

Mine was in regards to their new Princess cell phone app and tablet app they are developing.

In the Fall they were developing a new website design and were getting feedback from people who registered - they needed certain demographic for their focus group. This survey consisted of a web design for your booking summary asking where you would look for certain things, like flights, excursions, ordering gifts, on board credits etc. I received a few emails with this one each one different. They asked if they could contact me again in the future, so I wasn't surprised when I got today's email re the Princess phone App.

This is what the email said:

Hello members!

The Princess Cruises web team has been working on designs for viewing the website on phones.

If you have a moment, please click the two links below to try out a couple of the designs.

DESIGN 1

DESIGN 2

Please feel free to reply to this email with your thoughts.

Thank you for your help! We appreciate it and we're excited to have you involved.

Christi Thompson

User Experience Designer

Actually, I have never booked directly with Princess nor do I call the 800 number for answers to questions anymore as they are usually wrong in the answers they give out.

The actual survey I got was mostly about the 800 service and the web site. It was certainly NOT the one everyone gets just after a cruise.

We always get the survey via e-mail. We always book through a TA and never had the need to call Princess direct, so I am totally unfamiliar with their service reps. Don't know if they have different surveys depending on different circumstances, but the survey I just did a few days ago (we got off the Emerald a week ago) dealt pretty much only with the on-board experience.

I got the survey the day of disembarkation. We didn't book through princess either. We were told by bartenders that the online survey is a lot more important for them than the cards you can get from the relations desk. We were told that the ones you fill out by hand get directly sent to them, but they survey goes to management and helps them a lot more.

Prior to boarding ship (Sapphire) in January, there were a group of students from UCLA doing a survey in the terminal. I answered their questions and it was mainly about how we book cruises. I was told this was something that Princess wanted them to do. Asked a lot of questions on how we initially book, Princess website etc.

A couple of weeks ago got an email from Princess, mentioned the survey in conjunction with UCLA and asked me to do an on line survey, which I did. Again, most of the questions had to do with their website and how and why we book a certain way.

We book direct with Princess and usually transfer to travel agent later. Sometimes book direct with travel agent.

Edited by san diego sue

We have gotten both surveys and we do fill them both out. I think the survey the OP is talking about is for Princess Customer Service and their website. I don't think I have ever had an issue with Princess Customer Service. All the kids I've talked to seem pretty knowledgeable or will find out the answer for me.