new to princess, a few questions

Ilovepj

HI, I am not new to sailing, but this is going to be my first princess cruise.

Other then formal night, how is the dress code in the dinning room, can hubby wear nice Jeans?

How about crown grille, can you dress casual?

Does the 25 dollar cover charge for crown grille include the whole meal, or is there another charge? (never ate in a specialty restaurant before)

Thanks for any information on these questions.

Princess requests smart casual for all non-formal nights in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants which are smart casual every night. Jeans are certainly acceptable although not the norm. No problem as long as they are not torn and full of holes. The $25 fee for the Crown Grill covers the entire meal with the exception of bar drinks and specialty coffees.

Edited by TM

Princess requests smart casual for all non-formal nights in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants which are smart casual every night. Jeans are certainly acceptable although not the norm. No problem as long as they are not torn and full of holes. The $25 fee for the Crown Grill covers the entire meal with the exception of bar drinks and specialty coffees.

OK thanks a lot, no torn jeans, I know on carnival and RC people even wear shorts in the dining room, do people on princess do that as well?

Helen

OK thanks a lot, no torn jeans, I know on carnival and RC people even wear shorts in the dining room, do people on princess do that as well?
No shorts in the dining room at dinner. Princess is usually pretty flexible but with shorts, they're strict and you'll be asked to change. Jeans are allowed but I rarely see them. The vast majority of passengers wear dockers/slacks and a shirt or top on Smart Casual nights.

Even though Smart Casual dress is allowed in the specialty restaurant on formal night, many (sometimes most) passengers dress up at least "Sunday best."

No shorts in the dining room at dinner. Princess is usually pretty flexible but with shorts, they're strict and you'll be asked to change. Jeans are allowed but I rarely see them. The vast majority of passengers wear dockers/slacks and a shirt or top on Smart Casual nights.

Even though Smart Casual dress is allowed in the specialty restaurant on formal night, many (sometimes most) passengers dress up at least "Sunday best."

OK thank you so much.

Other then formal night, how is the dress code in the dinning room, can hubby wear nice Jeans?

Not exactly what you asked but, you may see a few dressed in "T" shirts in the DR's, but the norm is collared shirts, like Island shirts, or golf shirts on smart casual nights.

Not exactly what you asked but, you may see a few dressed in "T" shirts in the DR's, but the norm is collared shirts, like Island shirts, or golf shirts on smart casual nights.

I agree, but would add that the jeans be a dark blue and fitted well. No baggy or carpenter jeans.

Any type of jeans is allowed as long as they are in good repair in the MDR on all nights except formal nights. I have seen jeans in the MDR on both sexes many times and wear them myself. Jeans are worn everywhere here in the southwest. There will be jeans worn on cruises out of FLL.

Shorts are not allowed in the MDR but I have seen them worn on non-formal nights. I have also seen tshirt worn although they are supposedly not allowed. It is all up to who is on the door when you enter the MDR.

HI, I am not new to sailing, but this is going to be my first princess cruise.

How about crown grille, can you dress casual?

Does the 25 dollar cover charge for crown grille include the whole meal, or is there another charge? (never ate in a specialty restaurant before)

Thanks for any information on these questions.

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/bring.jsp

Apparently that dies not apply to large groups. We were on the Crown for a 2 week B2B. First week no shorts at dinner. Second week was Superbowl week. A group of 1000 from got on to party. They ignored al of the rules and were seen in shorts at dinner in the MDR frequently.

One night I saw a guy in an undershirt, shorts and shoes with no socks in the MDR....Go figure....

One night I saw a guy in an undershirt, shorts and shoes with no socks in the MDR....Go figure....
Musta been a refugee from another cruise line. Call me old-fashioned or a prude but I have a hard time understanding why anyone could stand being seen dressed that way unless they were in their own home or if they were going out to get the paper thrown on their walkway. IMHO, it shows a lack of self-respect. :( Edited by Pam in CA