Best Cabin Location

suerich42

Stay away from deck 3.

That's our way to make sure cabins are available for us when the time comes.

Don't worry. Best deal I have ever seen for PG on deck 4 and we grabbed it. They might try to upgrade us but we will refuse :-)

• 7 years later...

Hello, I just booked 7 days Paul Gauguin cruise on Deck 4. This is the first time on a cruise ship so I am really green and unsure what to expect in terms of sea sick. So far, my research on rooms to avoid on Deck 4: under La Grand (noise) and room 426. For those who had stayed in Deck 4, can you give me some feedback, the pros and cons? I've heard that i should be sticking to middle of the deck for sea sick. What about 422 to 421? 

Looking forward to getting some feedback. 

Buy Bonine. It's better than anything else. Deck four is a good location and you go right out into reception. Agreed stay away from 426. It has water swishing down the side at 4:30 am and 4 pm each day. They moved us when we complained about the noise. Overall deck four is a good start for a first timer. Enjoy your trip.

• Like 2

On 6/10/2024 at 3:53 PM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I'm pretty sure we've stayed in 421.  (425, etc., but can't remember 426.)  Great value.

We were once in 426. Yes, the water pipe runs through the wall and the sound is awful.

We were upgraded one year to Deck8. Great investment for the cruiseline as once we stayed near the pool we never went back to Deck4.

On 6/12/2024 at 7:49 PM, Emdee said:

We were once in 426. Yes, the water pipe runs through the wall and the sound is awful.

We were upgraded one year to Deck8. Great investment for the cruiseline as once we stayed near the pool we never went back to Deck4.

We got upgraded to 8 once as well. It was divine, but only at the discounted price. Ah, those were the days!

• Like 2