Question about bedding.

Garumn

Hello all! I was wondering if any of you had ever looked at what kind of comforter--thread count, materials etc--the cruise lines use. The wife and I have sailed with Princess a few times now and like the softness of that single covering. We have also seen this being used more and more in hotels--just a bottom sheet and a comforter.

Any thoughts, ideas or even websites that offer items that are like what all of us experience at sea. And I would guess there is certainly a difference between what suites may get and balconies and below might get :D

Thanks much!

Please tell me that the ships who don't use a top sheet WASH the comforter or duvet cover between cruises! When on Princess, I requested a top sheet, just in case.

I know Oceania washes the duvet cover & hope others would as well

Princess does wash the duvet cover between cruises. I've seen our cabin steward with the new one the night before our cruise has ended.

When I worked in a London hotel, however, the front hall porter forgot to let the housekeeper know that one of the guests was checking out and a new one was checking in. The chambermaid had left for the day already. The housekeeper told the porter that she was not going to be performing the duties of the chambermaid, so I volunteered. I picked up the new linens from her and went to the room to change out the old ones. That's when I found out she had given me just one pillowcase but there were two pillows. When I called her, she said that's what they always do. I was to change whichever one looked like it needed it more.

Most of the lines I've sailed with have had a very high thread count on their duvet covers, which are changed regularly. I use a top sheet at home under my duvet and change it more frequently that the duvet cover. I have not found any scratchy bedding or 50% polyester on a ship.