Why the boxes around staterooms on deck plans?

wilson4

Hi

Just looking at the Quantum deck plans and wondering if anyone can tell me why some connecting balcony staterooms have boxes around the 2 rooms but there are lots more connecting staterooms which do not have a box around them? What does the box mean? Is there anything different about these rooms?

We are a family of 4 looking to book connecting rooms and I would really like to know what the boxes mean - they must be there for a reason but I can't figure it out !!! :confused:

Would there be any advantage in booking these connected room rather than other available connected rooms that are in better positions?

We have always had 4 in a room before but the children are getting bigger and we need the extra space. My concern would be whether our rooms might get separated by a move or upgrade. I feel we might be safer with the boxed pair of rooms?

I would welcome opinions and suggestions. This is my first time with RCL.

Thanks

I find it interesting that Quantum Class will have staterooms on Deck 13. Oasis class eliminated Deck 13 altogether, and Freedom Class had Deck 13 with no staterooms on it.

Perhaps the whole Deck 13 stigma is dying down. I recently booked a cruise on the new Norwegian Breakaway and noticed that she too has cabins on Deck 13.

Perhaps the whole Deck 13 stigma is dying down. I recently booked a cruise on the new Norwegian Breakaway and noticed that she too has cabins on Deck 13.

Yeah maybe? I have never been superstitious but it is interesting. It doesn't matter what number the deck has, if it comes after 12 it's deck 13.

Edited by Tyler80

• 1 year later...

So... did you ever receive an answer to your question, because I am wondering the same thing. Just booked connecting rooms on the Anthem of the seas. There are plenty other rooms, intended to be booked together, with the connecting symbol, but no box around the rooms like the ones I just booked and no explanation for the box in the key. Any help?

I find it interesting that Quantum Class will have staterooms on Deck 13. Oasis class eliminated Deck 13 altogether, and Freedom Class had Deck 13 with no staterooms on it.

There are no staterooms on Decks 4 and 14 on the Quantum class, which probably makes any superstitious East Asian guests happy :) They don't care about 13, it's generally not considered unlucky to them. Deck 8 is probably super-popular amongst them, though :D

Would there be any advantage in booking these connected room rather than other available connected rooms that are in better positions?

We have always had 4 in a room before but the children are getting bigger and we need the extra space. My concern would be whether our rooms might get separated by a move or upgrade. I feel we might be safer with the boxed pair of rooms?

I would welcome opinions and suggestions. This is my first time with RCL.

Thanks

You can call Royal and have them put on a note on your reservation for no move or upgrade.

So... did you ever receive an answer to your question, because I am wondering the same thing. Just booked connecting rooms on the Anthem of the seas. There are plenty other rooms, intended to be booked together, with the connecting symbol, but no box around the rooms like the ones I just booked and no explanation for the box in the key. Any help?

Those rooms are connected differently. There is one door from the public corridor into a private "vestibule" or mini-hallway. Those three doors (balcony cabin, interior cabin, Junior Suite cabin) have their own doors that open from that hallway. If you book all three, you can just keep the main hallway door closed and keep your individual doors open to allow everyone in your family/group to have access to all of the spaces.