Elite lounge on the Eclipse

pbrady

We will soon be on the Eclipse & the last several times they have used vouchers. I realize that being a 2 week cruise you get more Elite (and higher) cruisers but I do enjoy the social aspect of the lounge. Does anyone know if they have been using vouchers?

Thanks - again!

It varies from cruise to cruise. When we were on it in Nov they didn't use them. According to reviews they were used on some that followed.

Even if they do use them the Elite lounge is still open to use the vouchers.

With most having the bev pack many don't bother going.

🚢🌴🌅🍸🍻

We just got off the Eclipse this past Saturday and we had coupons - 3 each/every day. Could not use the coupons at the Martini Bar so we used it at the other bars, but it wasn't as much fun. There were loads of Elites on our cruise.

We just got off the Eclipse this past Saturday and we had coupons - 3 each/every day. Could not use the coupons at the Martini Bar so we used it at the other bars, but it wasn't as much fun. There were loads of Elites on our cruise.

Same on the 1/25 cruise, but they did had a social get together in the Sky lounge with walk around appetizers. So it was really a good deal for everyone. This was our second cruise that used vouchers and the Sky Lounge situation was the same on both.

I was on Eclipse 1/11/14 no vouchers. The lounge was very crowded. If you came before 6 pm. standing room only. The sound level was so loud that having a conversation was not easy. It was very hard to get a waiter to get a drink. Wish they had done vouchers on my cruise. The next cruise 1/25/14 had vouchers. So why are they not consistent? All cruises should be the same. Vouchers are the way to go.

We will be on the Eclipse on Mar 22. What are these vouchers all about, first time I've heard about them? We have the 1-2-3 beverage promo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are for those who have reached Elite "Frequent Cruiser" status, one perk of which is a nightly cocktail party normally held in the Sky Lounge. Since there are now so many Elites, on cruises with many, they give 3 vouchers for drinks at regular bars in the evening to relieve the crowding in the lounge. Doesn't pertain to those with drinks packages, its just for Elite and above.

I was on Eclipse 1/11/14 no vouchers. The lounge was very crowded. If you came before 6 pm. standing room only. The sound level was so loud that having a conversation was not easy. It was very hard to get a waiter to get a drink. Wish they had done vouchers on my cruise. The next cruise 1/25/14 had vouchers. So why are they not consistent? All cruises should be the same. Vouchers are the way to go.

Since you were on b2b I would "guess" that it a determined by the number of Elite and above on a given cruise. Our 1/25 cruise must have had a higher number. I would also think that the voucher system (because of the flexibility) results in more costs for Celebrity. Our November TA had so many Elites and above that they allowed the vouchers in both the Martini Bar and Michael's Club.