ELTON JOHN on ROYAL???

winncruiser

Is there an Elton John impersonator/show currently on The Royal Princess?

HOPE SO!

That would be fun (if he was good) but it sure sounds more like Carnival or even Royal Caribbean.

I think Princess would lean more towards someone impersonating a Lounge Singer.;)

Edited by MTJSR

That would be fun (if he was good) but it sure sounds more like Carnival or even Royal Caribbean.

I think Princess would lean more towards someone impersonating a Lounge Singer.;)

Then you would be wrong.:D Besides an Elton John impersonator, they have hired The BeatleManiacs, an excellent show and a real crowd pleaser, and a Jersey Boys group.

We loved the Beatles impersonation and would love to see it again. If there is an Elton John impersonator on board Royal when we board the ship in two days, I will be there for the performance(s). We always spend a lot of time listening to the piano player if he is good - last ship the piano player was terrible but another cruise line!

His name is Dwight Blake and he is a great singer. He often performed in Crooners, the Piazza, etc. (those shows were not necessarily Elton John music) One night he did his "Elton John with a Tan" show in the Vista Lounge backed by the Royal Showband. It was a great show and yes it featured Elton John music along with costumes and outrageous glasses. Dave

I just got off the Royal. I didn't get to see him, but apparently he plays the piano and sings just like him. Everyone was talking about him

Besides the Elton impersonator, there is a Crooner's performer who does a great Elton. We were with him on the Greek Isles cruise on the Ruby in October. His name is Tommy McPhee, and he is really fun. Does lots of dead-on impersonations, but Elton is one of his faves.

BTW, Princess does have several mainstage tribute shows including Beatlemaniacs, Mercury Rising (Freddy Mercury) and Jersey Boys.

Edited by tothemall&beyond

I've been on 3 cruises with Joel Mason. A few years ago, he was doing a tour called "Dueling Pianos" with a Billy Joel impersonator. But, Joel has settled back in Las Vegas. But, I hear he's going back to sea, now that his daughter is older. He was on HAL last year for a few cruises.

Then you would be wrong.:D Besides an Elton John impersonator, they have hired The BeatleManiacs, an excellent show and a real crowd pleaser, and a Jersey Boys group.

Yes, he was introduced as Elton John with a tan...a black Elton John who is excellent.

BTW, the Beatle Maniacs are NOT to be missed!!!