Specialty Restaurant Question

thmpsn

Have read that X offers a special discount price for specialty restaurants on the first night of the cruise. We are thinking of eating at the Tuscan Grill and I am curious what kind of deal they offer to get people to go to their specialty restaurants on the first night. We will be sailing on the Equinox next Friday.

Thanks for any info on this question.

Karon

It was 20% on our January cruise. There'll be tables in several places (outside each entrance of the Oceanview Cafe and also on deck 5) where you can book or just look at menus. You can also visit the restaurants that afternoon for their "open house" - I think it was 1-3pm.

It was 20% on our January cruise. There'll be tables in several places (outside each entrance of the Oceanview Cafe and also on deck 5) where you can book or just look at menus. You can also visit the restaurants that afternoon for their "open house" - I think it was 1-3pm.

Does the 20% only apply to dining that night or can you make a reservation for another night and get the discount provided you make the reservation on the day they are offering 20% off?

Does the 20% only apply to dining that night or can you make a reservation for another night and get the discount provided you make the reservation on the day they are offering 20% off?

On the cruise we just took they didn't offer ANY discount for Ocean Liners until we asked for it. They gave us $10 off the $45 per person ($70 for a couple) but it was only available that first night on the ship.

The 20% only applies for that night but they might offer discounts for other nights during the cruise.

Mary Lou

If you're sailing in AQ, it's very likely that you'll be offered a 50% off to eat in the specialty restaurants the first night, while they sort things out in Blu. We did that on Equinox this past Jan. 10 sailing -- ate in Tuscan (our favorite specialty) on night one two-for-one. It's 20% or so for everyone not in Blu.

Go for it, and you *might* be able to negotiate an even better deal.

About how long does it take to eat in one of the specialty restaurants? I hear the muster drill is at 7:45 so assume I need to finish eating and get back to the stateroom by then, right? Does Celebrity make you take your life vest to the drill? Can we dine in a specialty restaurant in fairly decent but not dressy clothes - like khakis for guys and long pants and nice top for me?

About how long does it take to eat in one of the specialty restaurants? I hear the muster drill is at 7:45 so assume I need to finish eating and get back to the stateroom by then, right? Does Celebrity make you take your life vest to the drill? Can we dine in a specialty restaurant in fairly decent but not dressy clothes - like khakis for guys and long pants and nice top for me?

1. You can eat as fast or as slow as you desire in the specialty restaurants.

2. Muster drill is normally held around 4pm. What ship/cruise are you thinking about?

3. You don't need to go back to stateroom for the Muster drill. Just head to muster station without life jacket.

4. Specialty restaurants are smart casual. Khaki/polo shirt for guys & pants/nice top for ladies.

1. You can eat as fast or as slow as you desire in the specialty restaurants.

2. Muster drill is normally held around 4pm. What ship/cruise are you thinking about?

3. You don't need to go back to stateroom for the Muster drill. Just head to muster station without life jacket.

4. Specialty restaurants are smart casual. Khaki/polo shirt for guys & pants/nice top for ladies.

Thank you; answers most of MY questions. (I'm not on same ship or itinerary - on a ship that leaves at 8:30 with muster drill at 7:45, which is why I was asking about the timing.)