Serenade of the Seas

Reijo

We leave on Saturday for a week cruise on Serenade. We've never been on this ship, never this itinerary or this port and we're looking forward to a change. For those who have been on this cruise (Key West/Nassau), which nights are formal night. Anything exciting to look forward to on this ship/itinerary. Normally we cruise on the larger ships.

Ooo, I have something for you! One of our members scanned in the Compasses for this itinerary, and here is the link to them. You can see every day at a glance and know exactly what is going to happen, the hours of the restaurants, shows, etc. etc. PLEASE forgive me - I cannot for the life of me remember who did this for us :( , but we say thank you. :)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_EDV-ZlSFQ4NzloRjNwUkp3czQ/edit?pli=1 <---click here

Formal nights were Day 2 and Day 6. Day 6 is Lobster formal night (we opted out of this for dinner at Chops that night). We cruised this itinerary a few weeks ago and I have Compasses up at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_EDV-ZlSFQ4NzloRjNwUkp3czQ/edit?usp=sharing

The shows were pretty solid overall, though we weren't wild about The Unexpected Surfer Boys. The aerial shows were great as well. Enjoy, Serenade's a beautiful ship and while she doesn't have all the features that say, a Freedom or Oasis has, the beautiful views more than make up for it!

[url=https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_EDV-ZlSFQ4NzloRjNwUkp3czQ/edit?usp=sharing][/url]

Edited by garnetpalmetto

^ There you are! Thank you dear! Sorry I couldn't remember. I will put your name next to my link in my favorite bookmarks. :)

No problem at all - at your service!

To OP in terms of things to do in ports, we did the Truman Little White House in Key West, then explored around a bit before sidling up to a hole in the wall specializing in microbrews called The Porch. We did not get off the ship in Nassau as DW wasn't feeling well and wasn't really feeling the port itself. Coco Cay we spent some time out on the beach and in the water - if you've not been to Coco Cay before, get some water shoes - the bottom is a little rockier than it used to be and it'd be easy to cut your foot on shells or rocks.

Reijo, we love the Radiance class ships (Radiance and Serenade so far), which are more traditional style ships. And her nearly three acres of glass (including glass elevators), provide views at every turn.

The indoor/outdoor Solarium is a wonderful relaxing area, and we like the nautical Schooner Bar (trivia games there too), and the Safari Club's self-leveling billiard tables are fun. Have lunch in the Park Cafe, and if you'd like- enjoy a specialty coffee at Cafe Latte-tudes. Oh, and as you exit the elevator on Deck 13, you'll come upon a 'bovine surprise'! :D

We have enjoyed touring the Ernest Hemingway House on Key West, and walking along Duval Street.

if you've not been to Coco Cay before, get some water shoes - the bottom is a little rockier than it used to be and it'd be easy to cut your foot on shells or rocks.

Can CONFIRM this!! :eek: I NEVER go in the ocean anywhere without something on my feet. Well, had the water shoes out to pack and absolutely forgot! Paid for it at Coco Cay.

We did the hop-on/hop-off trolley thing in KW. Not a bad excursion for 19.00 pp. We kind of messed it up though. Got off at one stop. Spent too much time there. Walked a few blocks to get to the next stop, but didn't know it was a stop on the way back. So we just got off when we got back, had lunch, walked around a bit and went back to the ship.

By doing it that way, I missed some things I wanted to see, but oh well. :rolleyes:

We just walked around the shopping area at Nassau, but wish we hadn't even left the ship. WAAAY too pushy sales people in the shops!

Loved Coco Cay a lot! It was just a great, relaxing beach day. Lunch provided. Everything you need right there.

We did like the ship, but it was really different being on a ship without a Royal Promenade and we did miss that.

The aerial shows were ok, but if you didn't get there early, or get to one of the balconies early, you didn't see what was going on.

I really did like the Solarium. Tried the roast beef sandwich at the Park Cafe everyone talks about. Was not impressed. Meat was tough and bun was harder than I like.

But all in all, we did have a great cruise. Check out the self-leveling pool tables in the Schooner Bar or somewhere around there. :D

Can CONFIRM this!! :eek: I NEVER go in the ocean anywhere without something on my feet. Well, had the water shoes out to pack and absolutely forgot! Paid for it at Coco Cay.

We did the hop-on/hop-off trolley thing in KW. Not a bad excursion for 19.00 pp. We kind of messed it up though. Got off at one stop. Spent too much time there. Walked a few blocks to get to the next stop, but didn't know it was a stop on the way back. So we just got off when we got back, had lunch, walked around a bit and went back to the ship.

By doing it that way, I missed some things I wanted to see, but oh well. :rolleyes:

We just walked around the shopping area at Nassau, but wish we hadn't even left the ship. WAAAY too pushy sales people in the shops!

Loved Coco Cay a lot! It was just a great, relaxing beach day. Lunch provided. Everything you need right there.

We did like the ship, but it was really different being on a ship without a Royal Promenade and we did miss that.

The aerial shows were ok, but if you didn't get there early, or get to one of the balconies early, you didn't see what was going on.

I really did like the Solarium. Tried the roast beef sandwich at the Park Cafe everyone talks about. Was not impressed. Meat was tough and bun was harder than I like.

But all in all, we did have a great cruise. Check out the self-leveling pool tables in the Schooner Bar or somewhere around there. :D

We found the trick to seeing the aerial show is to be around to watch the practice (which is advertised...and hard to miss if you're walking through the Centrum) so that you can see the "show" close up at that time so that if you have a less than prime spot at the actual show, it's not quite so bad.

DW and I also found ourselves missing the Royal Promenade a little - the Shops of the Centrum were one of the two areas where we found ourselves feeling a little claustrophobic and cramped in (the other being the MDR). The Solarium, however, is as advertised - just awesome. Our only nit was that they seemed to close the hot tub or pool at odd times for cleaning/maintenance, rather than at what one would imagine would be low use hours.

the Shops of the Centrum were one of the two areas where we found ourselves feeling a little claustrophobic and cramped in (the other being the MDR).

Boy, you are right on that one! I had forgotten until you posted this.

When there was a sale or liquor tasting event at the shops, you could not hardly move. It was elbow to elbow! :eek:

And the MDR too. The tables were so close together, our waiters were having trouble getting between them. :(