Third adult person

Mudhen

We have just booked a cruise for 2015 and are including an adult as a third person. We have the third person rate and there is an air add on which is fine. When our TA spoke to Regent about the third person rate, they said it included "everything".......I assumed (silly me) it included shore excursions as well. I cannot find any reference to just what a third person is entitled to in all of the Regent fine print. If it's in there, I can't find it.........

Can anyone else find it? Travel agent is alerted....this could be a deal breaker, depending on the response.

The response will be interesting. If the third person is paying full fare (i.e. the same fare the first two people are paying), I would assume that shore excursions are included. If the third person is not paying full fare, I would not think they would have air or excursions included . An adult sharing a room is a good way of avoiding the up to 100% single supplement charge and, IMO, should pay the same amount as their cabin mates in order to receive the same benefits.

Our third is paying for their air. When we booked this cruise, our Regent rep via our travel agent led us to believe other than air "it was ALL included". Yes, it'll be interesting to see what the REAL answer is.

I've looked very hard to find some reference to the third passenger that is not a child in Regent catalogs, online, etc. and if it's out there, it's in mouse print. If someone knows where it talks about the "third adult person", I'd be really grateful. Depending on what transpires, this could be a deal breaker. The Regent rep made no mention of an additional charge for shore excursions; their bad, if in fact there is a charge for them.

When you and/or your TA call Regent tomorrow, suggest you ask for a supervisor and get their name. This not a typical question and you want to make sure you get the correct answer.

If a discounted fare third adult person does get included excursions, I can foresee more adult triples in Regent's future:o

I not only want a supervisor, I want the policy in writing, unless they can cite where, in fact, their third person info is published in their catalogs or online. As I said before, perhaps I've missed it....would be really happy if someone out there can point me to it.

Our third is paying for their air. When we booked this cruise, our Regent rep via our travel agent led us to believe other than air "it was ALL included". Yes, it'll be interesting to see what the REAL answer is.

I've looked very hard to find some reference to the third passenger that is not a child in Regent catalogs, online, etc. and if it's out there, it's in mouse print. If someone knows where it talks about the "third adult person", I'd be really grateful. Depending on what transpires, this could be a deal breaker. The Regent rep made no mention of an additional charge for shore excursions; their bad, if in fact there is a charge for them.

Yes, you are absolutely fine. Been there, done that.

The third adult is "ALL INCLUSIVE". We have traveled many times on Regent with our adult daughter, staying in our suite. There is zero difference in her ability to participate in all venues. She has full access to all excursions, restaurants, lounges, with no extra charges.

As you found, the airfare is not included in the third-person pricing, so that will be at a higher rate than yours. The third person can purchase the B/C upgrade. Likewise, if you use the "free" pre-cruise hotel, that will cost extra....at lot extra for the third. Sometimes they will give a hotel that accommodates 3 people in one room; sometimes you will get a second hotel room.

Lastly, the reduced cost pre- or post-cruise land tours will not be free or $499. They are available, but at a 2X rate.

I have travelled with two adult daughters and both daughters had all the privileges that I had except for the included airfare. Before anyone becomes upset that the third person is not paying the same rate as the others please remember that you are now sharing the room, bathroom and closet with three people. The third person has to sleep on a sofa bed or a rollaway cot. I have read comments from several people that they are not happy to share a regular suite with one partner so must upgrade to something larger. They would definitely not be happy in a regular suite with three persons. If a third person is willing to share I think it is only fair that they receive the free excursions.

Thanks for posting. That is really interesting. Thought that Regent had rules about full paying vs. non-full paying passengers. Good to hear that your daughter can accompany you in your cabin!

The third person IS paying the full fare....at least for the incremental costs of food, entertainment, laundry, and excursions. The cost for the suite itself is already covered by guests 1 & 2. The third person does not use more fuel to move the ship from A to B.

Regent indirectly controls how many third passengers can be onboard. All suites that can accommodate a third person end in the number "7". So, there is a limited number of suites that can be booked that have the sofabed to accommodate the third.

The third person IS paying the full fare....at least for the incremental costs of food, entertainment, laundry, and excursions. The cost for the suite itself is already covered by guests 1 & 2. The third person does not use more fuel to move the ship from A to B.

Regent indirectly controls how many third passengers can be onboard. All suites that can accommodate a third person end in the number "7". So, there is a limited number of suites that can be booked that have the sofabed to accommodate the third.

Are you counting the cost to change and wash the sheet (towels, etc.), provide extra suite service and amenities? I have no problem with a 3rd person (especially a son or daughter) being in a suite that can accommodate a third person (on the sofa bed) but let's not fool ourselves into thinking that the cost is the same as with 2 people in the room.

If I used your analogy, it takes less fuel to move the ship if there is one person in the room so they should pay half?

Are you counting the cost to change and wash the sheet (towels, etc.), provide extra suite service and amenities? I have no problem with a 3rd person (especially a son or daughter) being in a suite that can accommodate a third person (on the sofa bed) but let's not fool ourselves into thinking that the cost is the same as with 2 people in the room.

If I used your analogy, it takes less fuel to move the ship if there is one person in the room so they should pay half?

Yes. We are in full agreement.

What is the rate for a third person that is an adult?

This is not a scientific answer, but we typically pay about $350 per day for our daughter on the sofabed. Plus the airfare, hotels, and pre-cruise excursions are additional. That fare more than pays for 3 meals, laundry, tour, and entertainment.

Phew! Thank you all who responded.........That's really good news! Will go ahead and double confirm, just for piece of mind.

Our TA just confirmed with Regent that ALL amenities, as well as shore excursions are included for the third person. They do need to pay for their own air (which we already knew).