Bed configuration 4 in a cabin?

OnlyMe

We are looking at P&O for an upcoming cruise. It would be our first time sailing with them. I have just seen reference that if there are Pullman beds in use then the lower beds have to be in twin format and cannot be made into a double. Has anyone any experience with this? Is this an absolute rule or has anyone had cabin stewards change the configuration onboard?

Thanks for any input

We are looking at P&O for an upcoming cruise. It would be our first time sailing with them. I have just seen reference that if there are Pullman beds in use then the lower beds have to be in twin format and cannot be made into a double. Has anyone any experience with this? Is this an absolute rule or has anyone had cabin stewards change the configuration onboard?

Thanks for any input

If they could be made into a double you could not use the upper berths.

There are cabins with a bed settee. They tend to be bigger and more costly.

Gan Canny

Dai

If they could be made into a double you could not use the upper berths.

There are cabins with a bed settee. They tend to be bigger and more costly.

Gan Canny

Dai

Thanks very much for that information, really appreciate it!

Can you give me a guide as to what cabin types have the bed settee configuration? .. Is it only balconies and above?

Also, when we sailed in the past, because our child was so small, instead of using the upper berth the cabin steward pushed the double bed to one side and put the mattress from the upper berth on the floor and our child slept there ... any idea whether this would be a possibility on P&O?

... Our second child would be in a cot.

Just trying to figure out if P&O is a poossibility for us :)

Only certain superior de-luxe balcony cabins and suites can sleep 4 and still have queen bed set up, all other cabins will have the main beds set up as twins to accomodate the upper pullman bunks.

The new Britannia, launching 2015, does have some De-luxe cabins which have a sofa that could double as a bed, you could check the on-line deck plans to see if any of these are 4 berth cabins.

Edited by terrierjohn

Dai B is incorrect. It probably depends on the ship and cabin, but despite being told it would be a twin, the steward pushed the beds together to form a double under the pullman in a standard Ventura balcony cabin

Edited by Thejuggler

Thanks very much for that information, really appreciate it!

Can you give me a guide as to what cabin types have the bed settee configuration? .. Is it only balconies and above?

Also, when we sailed in the past, because our child was so small, instead of using the upper berth the cabin steward pushed the double bed to one side and put the mattress from the upper berth on the floor and our child slept there ... any idea whether this would be a possibility on P&O?

... Our second child would be in a cot.

Just trying to figure out if P&O is a poossibility for us :)

OK,

Looking through a brochure in the 2 large ships, you need a superior deluxe cabin or a suite to get a settee. On Oceana it has to be a suite or mini suite.

The ship you want is Aurora. In the balcony cabins on C deck, grades GA and a few GC there are single sofa beds. Which is what you want. What I am not sure of is if you can book these and have a child in a carry cot. You need to ask that question of the company.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Dai B is incorrect. It probably depends on the ship and cabin, but despite being told it would be a twin, the steward pushed the beds together to form a double under the pullman in a standard Ventura balcony cabin

This may be reliant on a steward who is willing to do this, however I have only ever seen a cabin with the upper beds directly above the lower ones. Do some cabins have a different configuration which allows the lower beds to be pushed together?

Thanks a million for everyones replies!

I need to do some further searching and looking at cabins to fully figure out what everyone is saying re the different cabins ... I don't think our budget will stretch to balconies or suites unfortunately - we were looking at insides tbh.

Need to do some more reading

Thanks so much for everyones help!

Thanks a million for everyones replies!

I need to do some further searching and looking at cabins to fully figure out what everyone is saying re the different cabins ... I don't think our budget will stretch to balconies or suites unfortunately - we were looking at insides tbh.

Need to do some more reading

Thanks so much for everyones help!

I would therefore suggest you ring P&O customer service or a good TA, they will know or at least should be able to find out.

Having experience of three adults in an inside cabin I cannot see how anyone would get into the upper berth if the two lower ones were put as a double. It could also be dangerous if the upper berth person were to ever fall out!!

0002.JPG

Having experience of three adults in an inside cabin I cannot see how anyone would get into the upper berth if the two lower ones were put as a double. It could also be dangerous if the upper berth person were to ever fall out!!

0002.JPG

That's what I thought as well Sharon.

I know you were looking at P&O, OnlyMe, but it might be worth your while looking at Royal Caribbean instead, because there you can have 4 to a standard inside cabin and have a double bed with the Pullman bunks over. It worked fine for us and was perfectly safe except for my son's tendency to lob his pillow overboard in his sleep - guess who was sleeping underneath!

Hi

I have never been alowed to have the beds pushed together when using the upper pullman

We had the deluxe balcony on ventura once with the sofa bed,although it was nice when the bed was down it blocked the way to the balcony so you had difficulty getting to the balcony with the bed down

Terry