Did Ncl change menus

alsgirl

Hi all.

Has anyone sailed lately with the new menus I heard about? I am sailing in April and was excited to hear that they have new menus in the dinning rooms . I was on the 9 day gem cruise in December and the menus where the same. Thanks for any help.

I'm hoping they're not rolled out until after my April cruise. No mushroom quesadillas, spring rolls or strawberry New York Cheese cake on the daily MDR dinner menu. (My staples) :( I don't like crumbed, deep fried food and there seems to be more of that.) I'm sad that the hot carved meat seems to have disappeared from the buffet at lunchtime only to be replaced by paninis-yuk! Lobster seems to have disappeared too.

Edited by karoo

I'm hoping they're not rolled out until after my April cruise. No mushroom quesadillas, spring rolls or strawberry New York Cheese cake on the daily MDR dinner menu. (My staples) :( I don't like crumbed, deep fried food and there seems to be more of that.) I'm sad that the hot carved meat seems to have disappeared from the buffet at lunchtime only to be replaced by paninis-yuk! Lobster seems to have disappeared too.

We just got off the Sun and there was a carving station every lunch and dinner at the buffet. We ate four dinners in the dining room and never had anything crumbed and deep fried. The food choices were great.

I am hoping no new menus for our Epic cruise this Sunday. I know we will probably have them on our Jade cruise this September and they are already on the Getaway that we are booked on for in Feb 2015.

Things I will miss the most on the lunch menu are the portobello goat cheese appetizer, the shrimp Caesar salad, the chicken Milanese, and the grilled chicken sandwich (that they always let us add avocado to). I love the lunch menu now. It has been part of the familiarity that I look forward to on NCL - no different then when you keep going back to your favorite restaurant because you enjoy the menu.

I'm not saying that I don't mind trying new things..but it would be nice to just add a few maybe rather than remove the favorites. I hope that NCL listens to feedback and makes alterations based on that before going to full implementation.

I am also very sad to see the salmon removed from the always available in the evening. We eat at the specialty restaurants at least twice during the week and usually have beef so I always enjoyed the salmon option in the MDR. I don't eat any other seafood besides shrimp so this was a big perk for me.

I will hope that things work out well one way or the other.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

II am also very sad to see the salmon removed from the always available in the evening. We eat at the specialty restaurants at least twice during the week and usually have beef so I always enjoyed the salmon option in the MDR. I don't eat any other seafood besides shrimp so this was a big perk for me.

I will hope that things work out well one way or the other.

Is the salmon really going???--It is my DHs "go to favorite"..

Maybe I missed the posting of "new" menu....is it here on CC?

Is the salmon really going???--It is my DHs "go to favorite"..

Maybe I missed the posting of "new" menu....is it here on CC?

Yes, I don't know if the search is working but there are posts with photos of the new menus. Let's hope they rethink the salmon!

Yes, I don't know if the search is working but there are posts with photos of the new menus. Let's hope they rethink the salmon!

my search...only comes up with very old threads...so if anyone has the current one..please post it...thanks so much :)