Live Blogging - Serenade of the Seas Feb 22nd, 2014

Do they have the beer cooler special on the Serenade? If so, what are the details? Also, do they give you a list of the coupons that are loaded on your card?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have not seen a beer cooler special on the ship. As for the coupons, you will have a sheet of paper in your cabin on boarding day that lists all the coupons. I had to go ask for some credit for some of them as there is still confusion over whether they are applied automatically or if you ask for them. For example, the Internet is supposed to be applied automatically if you purchase a package but I had to go request the credit. It had not been applied by day 6.

We did the Mystery Dinner and is was a good show. If you have never done it and you have the $55 per person to spend, I would recommend it. You get all the Red and White wine you can drink, the food was very good, and the mystery was pretty entertaining. My sister solved the mystery but missed out on the drawing for the final prize.

IMG_3706.JPG?psid=1

IMG_3708.JPG?psid=1

IMG_3742.JPG?psid=1

What a great day, sorry for not posting any pictures, we spent most of the day out and about. I will get some pictures posted tomorrow morning, we gain an hour so that gives me some time :)

We did the mystery dinner and it was awesome. If you have not done the dinner, I would highly recommend it.

Our streak is also alive with 3 straight cruises of winning the quest, all we had to do was provide a sock, comb, pants, shirt, purse, ladies shoe, and shoe string this time around, won the Gold medal, wahoo!

Please give me more info on the mystery dinner. What exactly is it? I'm assuming it's kinda like the board game clue that includes dinner?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Forums mobile app

Please give me more info on the mystery dinner. What exactly is it? I'm assuming it's kinda like the board game clue that includes dinner?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Forums mobile app

It's more of a whodunit type of mystery. There are 6 people and 1 of them is murdered and the other 5 are all suspects. You can ask them questions in an attempt to figure out the mystery. You see about 20 mins before dinner, another 10 mins between soup and main course and questions during dessert.

It's really a good time, there were about 65-70 people in Giovanni's for the dinner.

Do you know how much bingo cards were?

Did they show night time movies outside on the big screen under the star?

Thank you, really enjoyed your blog and pictures

Edited by tweety33
sorry was double post

We never saw any movies offered under the stars, everything was in the theater.

I am not sure how much the bingo cards were. No one traveling with me plays bingo, I will see what I can find out before I am off the ship.

I am not sure how much the bingo cards were. No one traveling with me plays bingo, I will see what I can find out before I am off the ship.

Last time I checked the bingo cards were $25. Maybe more now.

I know that when we cruised, on Friday night, the same movie from the cinema, After Earth, was showing on the big screen, but that's the only night we were by the outdoor screen, so I'm not sure how regularly they did that. I know they didn't Sunday night in favor of showing the Pro Bowl.

Thanks for the live blog, happytulips! You indirectly allowed me to vacation twice and I needed it this past week!

We are through security at the airport. Let's just say that TSA at Louis Armstrong International cannot handle the cruise ship traffic. It was pretty unorganized and they could not control the groups of people. If you are TSA pre-check, it doesn't seem to matter at this airport.

We are officially off the boat. Customs was a breeze and we are waiting on the shuttle to the airport.

20140301_141324000_iOS.jpg?psid=1

20140301_141335000_iOS.jpg?psid=1

Would you mind clarifying the airport shuttle for me? I'm doing Serenade in December and it will be my first time flying to a cruise. Is the airport shuttle something you arranged through RCI? If so, what is the cost and do I need to make reservations before I leave on the cruise or while I'm on the ship? Much thanks!