Recent Emerald Cruisers Please

CruisinFinsUp

Hi Folks,

If you have recently been on or are still on Emerald Princess, could you please let me know -

-Pool temps - recent threads have suggested some pools are now not heated and quite chilly - I know things change fast, but have Emerald's pools been warm?

-Thermal Suite - what is the rate for a couple for the 10 day cruise please?

-New beverage package - is the new alcohol included package offered? If so, is it the same price / offerings as the trial a few months ago ($49/pp per day) - (The trial price was a bit too much for us - can't drink that much! :eek: but if its been lowered we might consider it!)

Thanks very much!

We came off on 7th February. The pool temperatures were kept around 28 degrees C. One day the Spa pool was only 24 until the deck attendant reported it and it warmed up. They check it regularly throughout the day. It felt cold going in but lovely once you got in.

I don`t know anything about the Thermal Suite.

We didn`t hear anything about the drink package. Someone asked about the wine package and was told they were not doing it but a couple at the next table one night arrived with paperwork which looked as if he had purchased it, perhaps online? He certainly had the wine package anyway.

Hi Folks,

If you have recently been on or are still on Emerald Princess, could you please let me know -

-New beverage package - is the new alcohol included package offered? If so, is it the same price / offerings as the trial a few months ago ($49/pp per day) - (The trial price was a bit too much for us - can't drink that much! :eek: but if its been lowered we might consider it!)

Thanks very much!

Just off the Emerald also. Did not see an alcohol package offered. Want to save some money, happy hour drinks/prices were offered at the bars between 2 and 4PM and also later in the night, can't remember the exact times. Check at the bar for them. The waiters don't push the Happy Hour drinks.

I was just wondering if there has been an increase in the Sanctuary prices on the Emerald, similar to what is currently being reported on the Island.

Thanks,

I've heard it's $30 a day x 9 = $270 pp for the 10-days (They no longer allow you to use the Sanctuary on the day you embark). I board next Thursday and I will report as soon as i know something.

I've heard it's $30 a day x 9 = $270 pp for the 10-days (They no longer allow you to use the Sanctuary on the day you embark). I board next Thursday and I will report as soon as i know something.

Thanks, I'll be looking for your report. We don't sail until 4/8.

I can confirm the increase in Sanctuary price. I got off yesterday. The Sanctuary Manager told me in person on Sunday that it would be double the price beginning Monday. That means it is $270 for a 10 day cruise, they are not open embarkation day. It was also mentioned by someone that Crown Grill and Sabatini's would soon be raising their prices as well, but at a later date.

Edited by yoyosma

I can confirm the increase in Sanctuary price. I got off yesterday. The Sanctuary Manager told me in person on Sunday that it would be double the price beginning Monday. That means it is $270 for a 10 day cruise, they are not open embarkation day. It was also mentioned by someone that Crown Grill and Sabatini's would soon be raising their prices as well, but at a later date.

Well that's a little rich for my budget. I guess we can be a bit more leisurely getting to the ship in April. :rolleyes:

Thanks. Will await your findings. I assume although you cannot use the Sanctuary on embarkation day, it is open for whole cruise bookings only.

Well that's a little rich for my budget. I guess we can be a bit more leisurely getting to the ship in April. :rolleyes:

We are also boarding the Emerald on 4/8. I read Pescado Amarillo's blog - they spend over 100 nights on the Emerald (still on the ship) and sent her an email about the Sanctuary prices. She reported yesterday that the prices for the Sanctuary are still $20 a day. Crossing my fingers that it doesn't change before we board!!

We are also boarding the Emerald on 4/8. I read Pescado Amarillo's blog - they spend over 100 nights on the Emerald (still on the ship) and sent her an email about the Sanctuary prices. She reported yesterday that the prices for the Sanctuary are still $20 a day. Crossing my fingers that it doesn't change before we board!!

Come join our Roll Call....we're a friendly group!! :D:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1809909

Thanks caber & sknight!

Anyone else have any info on Emerald Thermal suite prices (not sanctuary please!!)

We came off the Emerald on 7 Feb and we paid $169.00 per couple for the thermal suite but I think that was an embarkation day special offer.