Liberty to replace Navigator

[quote name='tlatrice']A longer itinerary on the Liberty is what I'm hoping to see. Not interested in Key West or the Bahamas, but I guess I could be persuaded.

I'd like to see something like Labadee/St. Thomas/St. Maarten. Freedom does a similar itinerary out of PC.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see that as well a 10/11 night alternating itinerary would be awesome.

One can dream :rolleyes:

Regarding Liberty and Key West....

On our recent Serenade cruise, someone asked the captain about the shallowest passage the ship made on the itinerary and he said that in Key West there is an area with just 6' clearance. My guess is Liberty's hull is deeper and unable to call in Key West.

[quote name='lady_cruiser']Nice but some of us don't/can't fly and taking another 3-4 days of travel each way isn't always an option with the added expense of staying in hotels/meals/fuel charges.

I'll even consider a longer cruise from either Galveston or New Orleans just to visit St Thomas and those ports. Even if the cruise would be a 12-nighter.[/QUOTE]Rosemarie, I didn't do a very good job explaining my point. I didn't mean to fly to the NE to get those itineraries, I meant that RCI makes these longer cruises work out of NE ports, I can't think of any reason why they couldn't make longer sailings to more exotic ports work for Galveston as well. If a growing portion of their local market are indeed getting tired of the same ole stops year after year, then to me an option I would consider for Galveston is longer sailings to Eastern Carib. I don't follow the port enough to really know what is going on in Galveston so they may have their reason for not doing longer cruises there. With the exception of Mariner on the West Coast, RCI has done a pretty good job IMO distributing their ships over the last 20 years.:)

[quote name='CruzinSuz']We're supposed to get a bigger ship as per the contract signed between RCCL and the Port of G. The deployment schedule has not been put out for all the ships as yet. Patience! I'm trying hard to be patient myself since the port is 30 to 40 minutes away. So happy to have a ship year round. Loved going to Key West on Rhapsody...especially during Fantasy Fest. Freedom class is too big for KW.[/QUOTE]

So true. Royal have not confirmed anything yet!
Patience is the word.
The blog and loyalty officers are not gospel.
Liberty of the Seas could still be coming to Oz in 2015.

[quote name='The Grumpus']Rosemarie, I didn't do a very good job explaining my point. I didn't mean to fly to the NE to get those itineraries, I meant that RCI makes these longer cruises work out of NE ports, I can't think of any reason why they couldn't make longer sailings to more exotic ports work for Galveston as well. If a growing portion of their local market are indeed getting tired of the same ole stops year after year, then to me an option I would consider for Galveston is longer sailings to Eastern Carib. I don't follow the port enough to really know what is going on in Galveston so they may have their reason for not doing longer cruises there. With the exception of Mariner on the West Coast, RCI has done a pretty good job IMO distributing their ships over the last 20 years.:)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for explaining this and there is a 70/30 chance that you explained it right but my brain just wasn't working that day since I am trying very hard to cut back on my coffee intake. Edited by lady_cruiser

I wonder how doing 6 & 8 day cruises would do and what portst that might allow. 6 days cruises would be good for those who have to drive a bit further to get to Galveston. Departing on Sunday and getting back on Saturday would make it a lot easier for us without having to take extra time off from work. 8 day sailings would be good for those that are closer to Galveston and for those that want a bit of variety if it would allow a change up in the ports offered. I'm hoping the added competition in Galveston & Houston now will drive some changes in itinerary but we'll see. Time will tell...

[quote name='springaussie']So true. Royal have not confirmed anything yet!
Patience is the word.
The blog and loyalty officers are not gospel.
[COLOR=red][B]Liberty of the Seas could still be coming to Oz in 2015[/B][/COLOR].[/quote]

Not gonna happen..:D

Per the 2015-16 deployment schedule.. LB will replace NV in Galveston and NV will move to San Juan.

Explorer is heading to China and Australia/NZ.

Bookings will be open mid-March.

[quote name='Loyal2RCCL']Not gonna happen..:D

Per the 2015-16 deployment schedule.. LB will replace NV in Galveston and NV will move to San Juan.

Explorer is heading to China and Australia/NZ.

Bookings will be open mid-March.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you that Liberty will be going to Galveston but where in the deployment schedule do you see that. Edited by Ourusualbeach

[quote name='Ourusualbeach']I agree with you that Liberty will be going to Galveston but where in the deployment schedule do you see that.[/quote]

I have the deployment schedule listed by ship and itinerary as well as the actual date they'll be open for booking. This is confidential info and RCCL does not want it posted or communicated to the public.

[quote name='youngcruiser15']I don't know. I haven't seen any and I haven't heard RCI talk about it, which you'd think they would since they love the h20 zone concept.[/quote]
Was just watching prices and doing mock bookings on Navigator, and the list of features it listed for Navigator included "H2O Zone."

[quote name='Loyal2RCCL']Past Cruise Count:

Royal Caribbean- 98
Celebrity- 4
Azamara- 1
Cunard- 2
Carnival- 2
Princess- 6
Holland- 4 (Signature of Excellence, My A$$)
NCL- 2 (NEVER AGAIN!!)
Miscellaneous Lines- 10[/quote]
You've been on 129 cruises, not cruise days but 129 cruises?!?! :eek:

[quote name='Loyal2RCCL']I have the deployment schedule listed by ship and itinerary as well as the actual date they'll be open for booking. This is confidential info and RCCL does not want it posted or communicated to the public.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Did the RCI reps give me the correct info that Anthems winter Caribbean sailings will open for C&A members on March 12.

[quote name='Loyal2RCCL']Past Cruise Count:

Royal Caribbean- 98
Celebrity- 4
Azamara- 1
Cunard- 2
Carnival- 2
Princess- 6
Holland- 4 (Signature of Excellence, My A$$)
NCL- 2 (NEVER AGAIN!!)
Miscellaneous Lines- 10[/quote]

[quote name='LetsGetWet!']You've been on 129 cruises, not cruise days but 129 cruises?!?! :eek:[/quote]
You didn't respond at all - hope you didn't take my post as negative in any way, simply in awe! :) And not surprised that you have confidential deployment info after 98 cruises! :cool:

[quote name='LetsGetWet!']You didn't respond at all - hope you didn't take my post as negative in any way, simply in awe! :) And not surprised that you have confidential deployment info after 98 cruises! :cool:[/quote]

Sorry,... I didn't mean to ignore your question. Yes, I've been on over 129 cruises.. those are the only ones I can remember.

I received the deployment info because I work in the cruise industry.. not because I've sailed them so many time. LOL

[quote name='Loyal2RCCL']Sorry,... I didn't mean to ignore your question. Yes, I've been on over 129 cruises.. those are the only ones I can remember.

I received the deployment info because I work in the cruise industry.. not because I've sailed them so many time. LOL[/quote]
OK, now you have me real curious! I'm going to assume you probably work either for RCCL or for some firm that does a whole lot of business with RCCL! But that was not a question, its none of my business and you'd probably list it if you wanted to reveal that. :)

[quote name='LetsGetWet!']OK, now you have me real curious! I'm going to assume you probably work either for RCCL or for some firm that does a whole lot of business with RCCL! But that was not a question, its none of my business and you'd probably list it if you wanted to reveal that. :)[/quote]

I don't work for RCCL.. :D