Princess Europe 2015 Announcement

Coral

Looks like after the Island arrives in Venice on April 7, she has a 45 day opening until her next cruise departs on May 22. Looks like that is when she will have her major drydock to apparently add an IC, Crown Grill and 100 more cabins with a major revision to the Universe Lounge.

Sure looks like Princess responded to the feedback about lack of variety in the Med this Summer--they sure are "all in" for Europe 2015 season.

And with Caribbean Princess returning to Soton next year I guess the Summer 2014 cruises out of Ft Lauderdale will be a one-off.

Looking further down the road: starting Fall 2015 there will be five Grand-class ships on the West Coast versus four at Port Everglades. So will Hawaii return to previous levels after a bit of a reduction over Winter 2014-15? A second ship for part of the South America season? Or just more short getaways from LA--been successful there unlike Ft Lauderdale where they appear on the way out as well.

Sure looks like Princess responded to the feedback about lack of variety in the Med this Summer--they sure are "all in" for Europe 2015 season.

I agree. I've been quite critical of their past two years Europe Itineraries as being same old same old but they've added a lot more variety this year. Well done! We'd almost made up our minds to book P & O but now have swung back to Princess.

thanks Saratoga for posting this,

after cancelling 2 cruises in 2013 due to work and then illness, we are really looking forward to cruising in 2015!

now to decide between the Royal 12 day British Isles and the Island Fall TA:)

Jo

So what does this mean for Alaska??
For 2015 it probably means the Grand, Golden, Star, Crown, Ruby, Coral and Pacific will be the seven ships in Alaska with the Ruby replacing the Sapphire. If 2015 is similar to 2014 then:

7 Day Voyage of the Glaciers from Vancouver might be:

• Crown
  • Ruby
  • Coral

7 Day Inside Passage from Seattle might be:

• Grand
  • Golden

7 Day Inside Passage from Vancouver might be:

• Pacific

11 Day Inside Passage from San Francisco might be:

• Star

2015 brings growth to Northern Europe with our newest ship, Regal Princess in our signature Scandinavia & Russia itinerary.

Royal Princess sails 12-day British Isles itinerary from London (Southampton).

Island Princess will sail the Grand Mediterranean itinerary between Venice and Barcelona.

Emerald Princess will sail the Mediterranean on a series of unique 7-, 14-, and 21-day and longer voyages from Barcelona, Rome, Athens and Istanbul – including an overnight stay!

Caribbean Princess will be based from Southampton sailing to the Mediterranean, Norway and the Baltic.

Ocean Princess will sail on unique voyages in Northern Europe to off-the-beaten-path destinations and ports such as Iceland, Spitsbergen, Riga and Londonderry, to name a few.

Voyages will be open for sale on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at 8:00 AM (Los Angeles time).

I am glad to see someone is doing spitzbergen in 2015. That is where I want to go next year

For 2015 it probably means the Grand, Golden, Star, Crown, Ruby, Coral and Pacific will be the seven ships in Alaska with the Ruby replacing the Sapphire. If 2015 is similar to 2014 then:

• Crown
  • Ruby
  • Coral

• Grand
  • Golden

• Pacific

• Star

I wonder if the Ruby or Crown will replace one of the Seattle based ships instead for variety and to compete with the Solstice class ship. I know HAL reduced their departures from Seattle and replaced the Oosterdam with the Amsterdam. I could see PCL putting the Coral and Ruby/Crown in Seattle.

Edited by runnerodb83

• Crown
  • Ruby
  • Coral

• Grand
  • Golden

• Pacific

• Star

Thank you!

I wonder if the Ruby or Crown will replace one of the Seattle based ships instead for variety and to compete with the Solstice class ship. I know HAL reduced their departures from Seattle and replaced the Oosterdam with the Amsterdam. I could see PCL putting the Coral and Ruby/Crown in Seattle.

So then what's your guess for 1 way glacier bay cruises??

There may be logistical (and cost) issues for the Super-Grand sized ships to make the 4 hour required foreign port call in Victoria when sailing R/T Seattle. And it simply makes the most sense to have the ships with the greatest open deck space on the Voyage of the Glaciers open jaw route.

Newbie Europe Launch Question:

What does it mean that it is combined with offers in the future?

• Past Passenger Launch Discount.

This can be combined with other discounts and special offers in the future.

Thanks for posting this info!!

Other discounts would be military credit, being a stock holder, using a future cruise credit. Basically just means you can collect all discounts coming to you.

Newbie Europe Launch Question:

What does it mean that it is combined with offers in the future?

• Past Passenger Launch Discount.

This can be combined with other discounts and special offers in the future.

Thanks for posting this info!!

As an example, we get:

1. Shareholder credit

2. Military credit

3. Travel agent credit

4. FCC credit

5. Promotional credit

6. Loyalty credit

Princess allows you to get it all, which other cruise lines do not.

The early transfer of Royal and Regal to Europe has really thrown my plans into a cocked hat. Had booked Royal 28 April 11 day in the Caribbean. So, my question is: does anyone have information similar to the detalied info on Europe regarding Princess plans for April/May in the Caribbean?? Thanks for any help.

The early transfer of Royal and Regal to Europe has really thrown my plans into a cocked hat. Had booked Royal 28 April 11 day in the Caribbean. So, my question is: does anyone have information similar to the detalied info on Europe regarding Princess plans for April/May in the Caribbean?? Thanks for any help.
You could just do a search on the Princess website but here they are.

Houston

• Emerald: 7 Day Western Caribbean on 04/05 and 04/12

FLL

• Caribbean: 7 Day Western Caribbean on 04/04 and 04/18, 7 Day Eastern Caribbean on 04/11
  • Regal: 7 Day Eastern Caribbean on 04/05
  • Royal: 10 Day Eastern Caribbean Voyager on 04/08

The Royal has a 7 Day open slot between 04/18 and 04/25. Will one more Caribbean cruise be added before she departs on her TA on 04/25?

I was assuming that Princess would replace Royal and Regal for later April dates but had not yet done so as it has not officially announced all the new schedule for 2015. Am I to understand that Princess will abandon the Caribbean for the entire summer starting in mid April?

You could just do a search on the Princess website but here they are.

Houston

• Emerald: 7 Day Western Caribbean on 04/05 and 04/12

FLL

• Caribbean: 7 Day Western Caribbean on 04/04 and 04/18, 7 Day Eastern Caribbean on 04/11
  • Regal: 7 Day Eastern Caribbean on 04/05
  • Royal: 10 Day Eastern Caribbean Voyager on 04/08

The Royal has a 7 Day open slot between 04/18 and 04/25. Will one more Caribbean cruise be added before she departs on her TA on 04/25?

I was assuming that Princess would replace Royal and Regal for later April dates but had not yet done so as it has not officially announced all the new schedule for 2015. Am I to understand that Princess will abandon the Caribbean for the entire summer starting in mid April?
My post shows the current April Caribbean cruise schedule. All Princess ships in the Caribbean are leaving in April for the 2015 European cruise season.

Regal - 04/12

Emerald - 04/19

Royal - 04/25

Caribbean - 04/25

As an example, we get:

1. Shareholder credit

2. Military credit

3. Travel agent credit

4. FCC credit

5. Promotional credit

6. Loyalty credit

Princess allows you to get it all, which other cruise lines do not.

What is the Loyalty Credit?

Thanks

Edited by FoghornLeghorn

Loyalty credit is the $25 you get (per cabin) when you complete cruise #20. It then goes up in $25 increments every 10 cruises until you pass #50. It then stays at $100; probably forever. :D

Thanks Pia!

Had not heard about this...it will be awhile for me, but something else to look forward to with Princess.

:)

Sigh. Had the Island been in the med in 2012 we would have chosen her. Still our favorite ship.

That said, I am surprised Princess is so heavily into europe at that point. From most accounts, the med has been way over capacity the past couple of years and airfares are not going to drop.