Past Guest Birthday Question.

JulesNBama

I am sailing aboard the Dream in April on a 7 day Western Caribbean out of New Orleans. This cruise will be my 4th cruise and my partners 3rd cruise with Carnival. When we booked, we selected this sail date because is coincided with my partners birthday. My question is will Carnival do anything special for his birthday? My PVP left Carnival since I last booked, and I did take advantage of the VIFP Free Cabin offer. Any experience with past guest birthdays?

Thank you in advance,

Jules

They will sing him Happy Birthday on the night of his birthday in the MDR. But you can buy him a cake. You can preorder thru carnival fun shops prior to leaving or you can buy onboard from the formalities shop. If you buy onboard they usually need 24 hour notice.

They will sing in the dining room. We bought the chocolate cake. Omg best cake I ever had & worth the $10. We kept it in our fridge all week and picked at it until it was gone. I ordered it as soon as we boarded & it was there for dinner that night. They also put a bday card in your mailbox. That's about it.

I am sailing aboard the Dream in April on a 7 day Western Caribbean out of New Orleans. This cruise will be my 4th cruise and my partners 3rd cruise with Carnival. When we booked, we selected this sail date because is coincided with my partners birthday. My question is will Carnival do anything special for his birthday? My PVP left Carnival since I last booked, and I did take advantage of the VIFP Free Cabin offer. Any experience with past guest birthdays?

Thank you in advance,

Jules

They will sing him happy birthday .Buy the person a cake .

We have done the room decorations which are neat. You have to let the dining room staff known of the special occasion in order for them to sing, etc., and you have to buy the cake yourself, although I have seen where they bring out a slice of cake with a candle on top. other than what you plan, or let them know, they don't do anything special, which is probably due to cost.

My husband and I recently both celebrated birthdays the same week on Splendor. In the dining room they brought each of us an extra dessert on our birthday with a candle in it and sang happy birthday to us. We also got a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in our cabin. My son did contact John Heald (senior cruise director) on facebook to let him know our itinerary etc and to let him know he wanted our birthdays to be special, so most of it may have come through him. Otherwise I would suggest talking to someone in dining room or cruise director when you get on board to see what they can do.

Imagine all the people on board the ship that may have b-days or anniversaries. The cruise line won't do anything special but just being on the cruise will make the day special!

If the Dream sails at capacity, then on an average day, there should be 10 passengers with a birthday. That assumes cruise passengers are no more likely to sail on their birthday than they are to avoid sailing on their birthday.

Estimating anniversaries is a little trickier. Everyone has a birthday. How many passengers have an anniversary? Assuming you're only talking wedding anniversaries (and not dating, moving in, etc.), I would guess the number might be 4 or 5 (i.e., I'm estimating that a good portion of passengers are children, singles, never-married or no longer married). Also, I'm assuming that passengers are as likely to sail on their anniversary as they are to avoid sailing on their anniversary.

Edited by T. Advisor King

Thank you all for the valuable input. I will pre-arrange something, the birthday falls on embarkation day. I am just grateful to Carnival for the free cruise. Since my last cruise, I have had undergone 3 major back surgeries and suffered a stroke. I used to be able to afford an annual cruise, but since I became disabled and living on a fixed income, it is very hard to stretch the budget to afford a tropical get-a-way. The stroke left me paralyzed on the right side of my body, it has taken years of physical therapy, but I have regained about 80% of the use of my right side. Having a stroke at the age of 43 tough or at any age for that matter! With the VIFP Free Cabin offer from Carnival, me and my partner/caregiver can afford that much needed get-a-way to the tropics. Thank you Carnival!

Thank you again for the information,

Jules

My birthday usually falls while I'm on my cruise or right after debarkation. My SO tells the MDR hostess or Maitre'd, and they usually come with an extra cake with candle and sing Happy Birthday to me. This past cruise, they put a candle in my banana split!

The nicest was a piece of apple pie with Happy Birthday written in chocolate icing.

Thank you in advance,

Jules

When I cruised Sunshine, a Carnival crew member called my cabin and wished me a happy birthday. I thought that was pretty thoughtful. I've cruised my birthday before but never received a personal phone call before my Sunshine cruise.

Make sure you ask Carnival to add your special occasion to your booking information. Nothing will happen without that.

Have a great cruise!

I was on the Freedom on my birthday, and I got a very cute card/pic of a dolphin saying Happy Birthday from Carnival.

I had all the crew members that I interacted with sign it on the back of the picture, and I still have it. Some of them signed it in their native languages, which I thought was very cool. I did joke with them that I hoped it wasn't swear words.

My sister got the same card as well on her birthday.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Agreed - we got one for my in-laws anniversary.

I was shocked at how good it was! And im not really a cake person. Im trying to come up with a reason to order one on our cruise in April. My son will be turning 3 two weeks before our cruise, would that be too much of a belated birthday cake LOL! Or would it be weird if i just ordered one that said "Have fun Audrey & Owen!" (my 3 and 4 year olds who are so excited to go on the big boat in 9 weeks!). See, i told ya, i'm trying to come up with a reason to order one LOL!

I was shocked at how good it was! And im not really a cake person. Im trying to come up with a reason to order one on our cruise in April. My son will be turning 3 two weeks before our cruise, would that be too much of a belated birthday cake LOL! Or would it be weird if i just ordered one that said "Have fun Audrey & Owen!" (my 3 and 4 year olds who are so excited to go on the big boat in 9 weeks!). See, i told ya, i'm trying to come up with a reason to order one LOL!

I was just looking at the Carnival website and they do offer Bon Voyage cakes. So they are giving you permission right there :D

It seems like every night in the main dining room, the staff goes to at least 3 tables to sing Happy Birthday. Unfortunately, CCL does nothing else. On Norwegian, they brought out a cupcake with a candle in it for a friend of mine and then sang Happy Birthday.

I do love their cake also, so I order some from room service. It's free. They have the Chocolate Fudge on the room service menu.

Buy a cake and have the cabin decorated with the Happy Birthday package. That is what I did for my husband in August. Our DS, DIL and grand children were in the cabin next door. When our son walked into our cabin he asked, "Who's Birthday?" Needless to say, he was in trouble the rest of the cruise for forgetting his Father's birthday!

What is the VIFP free cabin offer? Wouldn't we all love one of those?

It is an offer that I received through the mail, it is going out to past cruisers who have not booked with Carnival in the past five years, as an "We miss you" kind of thing. Thought there was a catch, signed into Carnival's website, and there it was. There are several threads dedicated to the offer.

Jules