Could 4 People Share a Drink Package / 2 Cabins

I honestly can't comment since I haven't sailed since they changed around the drink packages (I think now not everyone in the cabin has to purchase but not sure), but just a heads up that sometimes posts that could be interpreted as questions on how to scam the RCI system don't go over well on these boards. I will say that on my last Jewel cruise I had a drink package and my cousin did not. Once (and only once I swear) I was able to hand her my drink I bought at another bar so I could go and get her a cocktail. It was not an issue at all. This was the only time I did it as she's not a big drinker. Very curious about other people's opinions on this! Have a good cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Not everyone in the stateroom has to buy it anymore - only one person can buy it. But it still is not intended to be shared. You also don't have to purchase it for the entire week - just but the 3rd day on a 7 night cruise as you have to have purchase it for at least 4 days. The price is prorated for the total number of days purchased.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Please do not cheat!

Some of us might like to try a drink package in the future.

For us, we mainly consume beer but like to have an occasional specialty drink. We currently think that the packages are priced a little high if you have a lot of port time.

We fear that if people take advantage, the prices will only go up.

Please do not cheat!

We currently think that the packages are priced a little high if you have a lot of port time.

We fear that if people take advantage, the prices will only go up.

The prices are probably set a little high because of the "cheating" problem...:cool: This is one time not sharing is acceptable...

Maybe if they lowered the price some people would not feel the need to "share" so that they can break even.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You realize you don't HAVE to purchase it, don't you? No matter what the price point, there will always be those thieves who insist on cheating.

cruise

See what I mean? LOL...just do what you can do and enjoy every minute of your cruise! We have learned over the years how to cut some costs. We still enjoy every minute of the time we spend on the ship. I'm sure you guys will too.

The prices are probably set a little high because of the "cheating" problem...:cool: This is one time not sharing is acceptable...

I think the prices are very reasonable, heck in most restaurants and bars here in my city, drinks avg about $10. I liked the prices on the cruise as most hard liquor was sub $10. But, i agree, don't cheat a good thing.

I got the premium package which was $55 a day, that was super easy for me. I drank from bottled water, soda and alcohol around $80 to $100 a day.. easy.

3 glasses of wine for dinner, shoot more than halfway there.

If you are not a big drinker, than it's "not worth it" I mean that in terms of bottled water, soda and some drinks per day.

I like to drink while on vacation, i am not a big eater but drinking is my thing, and hitting 5 drinks while on vacation a day is super easy for me.

Most of all it put my mind at ease, my wife did not have the package and her drinks were all itemized and it adds up... drink packages are care free in my opinion for no last minute end of cruise bill surprises.

Edited by mrBit

Maybe if they lowered the price some people would not feel the need to "share" so that they can break even.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you don't drink enough to break even then just pay by the drink. Easy way to be honest. Don't make excuses for dishonesty, it is what it is. You are either dishonest or not.

Having done the drink package I will just give a heads up to the liars, cheaters, thieves, (choose your title) that Royal Caribbean through your sea pass card knows EXACTLY when, what, how many, what time, etc you buy your drinks.

If you drink a lot and think you can also subsidize another person who drinks a lot you will draw attention. Meaning you could get caught or cut off from bar service for having too many drinks on your sea pass (even though you aren't paying). And the price for getting caught….well it is theft so I am sure they have their procedure for dealing with thieves. There is a holding cell for criminals on board and you could be arrested or kicked off in the next port.

huh... I just read Carnival's policy, RCI gets a big Kudos for the policy change to allow individuals to buy with no limits. I don't think i ever hit 15 alcoholic beverages per day as with Carinval's policy but forcing every adult in the stateroom to buy.... eh

THANKS RCI FOR TREATING US LIKE ADULTS WITH ETHICS.