COUNTDOWN to REGAL PRINCESS: News, updates, and general information!!!

dmwnc1959

OMG i can check what food is at the buffet without getting off my booty at the pool......oh i am in for trouble now....lol. this will work on a kindle fire right?

Main dining room & buffet menus do not show on the intranet.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Main dining room & buffet menus do not show on the intranet.

Aww shucks..guess I will have to walk over to get the lay of the land.....which by the looks of all this I will for sure need to be walking...see this is why the stairs are only at the front and back of the ship......it was Princess's way to help burn off all this new food available...lol.

But anyone know if i can get the intranet app thingy with a kindle fire?

From the local newspaper Il Piccolo:

"The Regal Princess will leave the Fincantieri shipyard at Monfalcone on Thursday at 12 noon. Destination: Trieste, where it will remain until Friday when it will depart on a 'shake down cruise'.

The mini-cruise will last four nights and will serve to break in the ship and staff and will conclude in Venice.

Due to the (or merit) of the shake down cruise and the breaking in of the on board service, the cost of the trip is definitely competitive: 117 euros apiece. The first real cruise of the largest passenger ship ever built in Italy will start Tuesday, May 20 from Venice".

From the local newspaper Il Piccolo:

"The Regal Princess will leave the Fincantieri shipyard at Monfalcone on Thursday at 12 noon. Destination: Trieste, where it will remain until Friday when it will depart on a 'shake down cruise'.

The mini-cruise will last four nights and will serve to break in the ship and staff and will conclude in Venice.

Due to the (or merit) of the shake down cruise and the breaking in of the on board service, the cost of the trip is definitely competitive: 117 euros apiece. The first real cruise of the largest passenger ship ever built in Italy will start Tuesday, May 20 from Venice".

Does anyone know if they will broadcast on TV or computer when she leaves either port? :)

Hi Dave;

If you have a moment, would appreciate your advice. Remembering on the 2013 Royal cruise, you had an inside cabin, as we did, but yours was stern,bow configuration while ours was port, starboard. In your estimation, is there a size difference . If we have the opportunity to change from port,starboard which we now have ,to stern,bow would it be advisable?

Thanks for your advice

Sheila and Marty The Kids

Hi Dave;

If you have a moment, would appreciate your advice. Remembering on the 2013 Royal cruise, you had an inside cabin, as we did, but yours was stern,bow configuration while ours was port, starboard. In your estimation, is there a size difference . If we have the opportunity to change from port,starboard which we now have ,to stern,bow would it be advisable?

Thanks for your advice

Sheila and Marty The Kids

Howdy! ;)

Personally, I much preferred the 'sideways' (parallel to the corridor or bow/stern) layout of the inside cabins on Royal Princess to that of the 'standard' arrangement (perpendicular to the corridor or port/starboard) of the inside cabin I had the year prior on Ruby Princess (it's layout is similar to those on Royal Princess). My cabin last year on Royal Princess just seemed larger to me, even without the mirror over the headboard of the bed.

Some of the con's I have heard mentioned of the 'sideways' layout is that the stateroom door opens up directly into the bedroom which may lead to privacy issues if someone is getting dressed near the bed. However this wasn't a problem for me at all. Another is that someone can't be getting dressed in the closet area while others are coming in and out of the bathroom. Again, not a problem for me either.

I had no noise issues from the hall at all, and gave the door an extra push once it was closed and locked to make sure it 'sealed' properly. And there is no air grate at the bottom of the door (as on the Grand-class ships) to allow noise seepage into the stateroom from the corridor.

When choosing an inside cabin refer to this deck plan to ensure it is not a triple/quad with bunk beds..

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/deckplans/PC_Royal_Deckplans.pdf

Here is a great thread with pictures from Pam and myself showing the 'sideways' inside cabin with its orientation to the corridor hall, as well as other areas of the room...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1994168

And another thread asking about 'best inside cabins' on Royal Princess...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2034317

Given the opportunity again I would not hesitate to choose the exact same cabin again.

Hope this helps!

:D

Just after 2pm local time, Regal Princess slipped away from her outfitting berth at the Fincantieri shipyard in Monfalcone for the final time, and is now headed for Trieste...

14187940941_b26c4871a0.jpg

14168134996_8ca4e269a9_b.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

Trieste Live web cam. Regal Princess should be arriving in about 20 minutes...

http://www.skylinewebcams.com/webcam/italia/friuli-venezia-giulia/trieste/golfo-trieste-panorama.html

Hi Dave - hope all is well with you and Grey Kitty.

This is exciting!! Thanks for the link. Kay

.....She just came into sight - beautiful.

Edited by MarKay525

Hi Dave - hope all is well with you and Grey Kitty.

This is exciting!! Thanks for the link. Kay

VERY exciting indeed! And I'm not even going on the ship!!!

P.S. Grey Kitty is sitting here next to me sleeping. ;)

VERY exciting indeed! And I'm not even going on the ship!!!

P.S. Grey Kitty is sitting here next to me sleeping. ;)

Great screen print captures, as always Dave.

Can you imagine sitting in that building with the green roof and seeing that ship coming straight at you!!

Your time will come to sail on her. :)

Edited by MarKay525

Great screen print captures, as always Dave.

Can you imagine sitting in that building with the green roof and seeing that ship coming straight at you!!

Your time will come to sail on her. :)

Sort of like Speed 2? lol ;)

According to the local newspaper Il Piccolo, Regal Princess today officially becomes the largest cruise ship to ever dock at Trieste.

Wow! I thought I was going to get a lot of work done. I'd rather watch the webcam. Oh, well...

Thanks for the link, Dave!

Funny!

Edited by dmwnc1959

Regal Princess is now alongside; they need to change the location on the ship's webcam. It still says Monfalcone.

As of right now it's not working and still frozen from about eleven hours ago when it was before sunrise and still docked at Monfalcone.