COUNTDOWN to REGAL PRINCESS: News, updates, and general information!!!

dmwnc1959

by the St Marks area of the Grand Canal, coming in Tuesday morning in Venice, the ship is suppose to dock at 6am. We have been in Venice for a few days getting ready, so I would love to take pictures of her sailing in.

Would it be safe to assume (hate that word) if I was there by 4:30am I could see her sail in? I would not think it would be earlier, but what do I know.

Thanks,

Susan

Not even a peep. :(

Our Future Sales Director told us she wouldn't be christened until the fall when she arrives in Port Everglade. I haven't finished reading the "pages" so if this is repetitive, my apologizes. We're sailing the TA.

h3rjp, whatever you are calling your words about the Regal, I'm calling them well-written, very descriptive, interesting and a quite generous contribution of your time--and talent--in describing the Regal. I hope you continue to share your observations. Thank you!

Our Future Sales Director told us she wouldn't be christened until the fall when she arrives in Port Everglade. I haven't finished reading the "pages" so if this is repetitive, my apologizes. We're sailing the TA.

Evidently there will be several Christenings in addition to the Madrina naming ceremony. This is an excerpt from a post on 5/10/2014 which indicates she has been Christened on 5/11 and has a Godfather!!.............

Here is the translated article from the main board....

From "Il piccolo" newspaper:

The premier Matteo Renzi will be in Monfalcone on Sunday to attend the ceremony of the "Regal Princess". Just as the last cruise ship built by Fincantieri on behalf of Princess Cruises had a "godmother," this one will therefore have a "godfather". The Italian Prime Minister in fact follows in the footsteps of Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, the godmother of the twin "Royal Princess," who last year baptized that ship at the Ocean Terminal in Southampton.

The movements of the head of the government are still top-secret. His plane is expected to land at the airport of Ronchi dei Legionari around 9:30 A.M. The beginning of the ceremony is scheduled for 10:00 A.M. at Panzano. The Prime Minister will be accompanied by the Deputy Minister for Economic Development, Claudio De Vincenti.

The CEO of Fincantieri, Giuseppe Bono, with the "front line" management, and the heads of Princess Cruises will welcome Renzi.

330 meters long, the "Regal Princess" has a gross tonnage of 141 thousand tons and can accommodate 3,600 passengers. After an initial season of Mediterranean cruises, which will begin in the coming weeks, in autumn, the new ship will continue its activities in the waters of the Caribbean.

Thanks for the great review. We are due to sail on the Regal on 9th June. Having cruised on the Royal last year we were interested to hear about the terrace pool, disappointing to hear its near a smoking area so we will stick with the retreat pool.

Thanks again :)

That is the same as the Terrace Pools on the Grand Class ships. Unless it has changed recently, smoking is allowed on the port side of the Terrace Pool.

h3rjp, thanks for posting your comments on the Regal Princess. I appreciate that you took the time to do this. Hope you enjoyed the world premier of the new show "Fiera". My wife and I will look forward to seeing the singers and dancers perform this new show on the Regal come November. Enjoy the rest of your cruise. It would be awesome if you could post a few pictures of the Regal while onboard.

Dave, thanks for the pictures you posted.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

by the St Marks area of the Grand Canal, coming in Tuesday morning in Venice, the ship is suppose to dock at 6am. We have been in Venice for a few days getting ready, so I would love to take pictures of her sailing in.

Would it be safe to assume (hate that word) if I was there by 4:30am I could see her sail in? I would not think it would be earlier, but what do I know.

Thanks,

Susan

According to Marine Traffic her ETA is at 4:30am local time. I'm not sure if that's 'docked' or at the entrance channel buoy.

If you have a smartphone with internet access it may be worth it to download the Marine Traffic and Weather app so that you can keep an eye on her as she approaches. I'll be keeping an eye on her as well and posting her position here on Cruise Critic as she gets close to Venice, so you could also monitor this site for updates.

Have a GREAT cruise!!!

:D

For those with Facebook accounts you should be able to access this album of photos of the regal: https://m.facebook.com/robert.parnham/albums/10152396744438788/

Good luck with that Facebook was less than helpful with the share link button. If someone wishes to repost these directly in this thread, knock yourself out :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

For those with Facebook accounts you should be able to access this album of photos of the regal: https://m.facebook.com/robert.parnham/albums/10152396744438788/

Good luck with that Facebook was less than helpful with the share link button. If someone wishes to repost these directly in this thread, knock yourself out :)

Thank you so much for your excellent and detailed observations and for these first photos of the Regal, especially the ones of the aft pool!

Edited by MarKay525

Thanks Dave...I prefer the Princess Theater's lighting more than the Royal's blue lighting.

The LED rotating light colors in the Princess Theater is actually the same on both ships. Here are a few pictures I took aboard Royal Princess...

Royal Princess

Royal Princess

Royal Princess

Royal Princess

Royal Princess

Edited by dmwnc1959

Any word on whether the center staircase is open to passengers above the Promenade deck???

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

No it's a crew only / emergency staircase

You're welcome. Couldn't have done it without (h3rjp) Mr. Parnham's help. ;)

THANKS Robert!!!

Thank you for republishing these. I was getting very frustrated uploading them :)

Hi Robert!

A few more questions from Shogun that got lost on Page 36... ;)

Hi There

Thanks for posting brought back many memories of the Royal

quick questions in front of Sabatinis is there still a large round water feature

and at the aft dinning room is there still a statue out side the

dinning room doors, crew were requesting both be removed to easy passenger flow.

As to cabins with baths if you pull the curtain over to get a shower are you left in the dark, as the lights were on the other side

As to Rai Caluori very nice guy to chat to, knows more about cruising that anyone I have come across.

yours Shogun

Edited by dmwnc1959

DONE

Regal Princess is officially handed over to Princess Cruises at Monfalcone (May 11, 2014)

ON HER FINAL SEA DAY

4-night Pre-inaugural from Trieste to Kotor and Venice (May 16, 2014)

TOMORROW

Arrives in Venice for her Maiden Voyage (May 20, 2014) LIVE WEB CAM