COUNTDOWN to REGAL PRINCESS: News, updates, and general information!!!

dmwnc1959

It takes roughly 30 minutes to get from the entrance buoy to where the web cam is.

Regal Princess has slightly increased speed and should now arrive at the entrance buoy at:

10:45pm EDT

7:45 PST

2:45am GMT

4:45am local time Venice.

The webcam is approximately where you see the River Countess on this map and is pointing towards the main part of Venice:

WEB CAM LINK

14039452450_4976543908_b.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

If you look at the Webcam, you see two bell towers. The one to the right is San Marco, the center of Venice. The one to the left is San Giorgio, a church designed by the great Palladio. Between the two bell towers is a building with a dome, the church of Santa Maria della Salute, also known as La Salute. La Salute is on a triangular spit of land between the Canal Grande and the Canale della Giudecca. The Royal Princess will swing to the left after it passes San Giorgio in order to enter the Giudecca Canal. It will have San Giorgio on its portside, and la Salute to starboard. We will have a nice, quick broadside view of her.

Should make a nice screenshot. Dave, I'm glad you're here!

Thanks so much for your detailed review of the Regal. I didn't think we would get one so soon.:)

I want to let you know that you can control the lights that come on with the dressing room lights. All you have to do is turn them off at the source. If you turn off the light switches behind the pillows and on the lamps, the dressing area light will remain on. After you turn the dressing room light off, you can put on the other lights independent of the switch for the dressing room area.:D

This is so good to know - thank you very much. While I am never an early riser at home, I wake up early on a ship. This will allow me to get ready for my early morning stroll while DH enjoys his well deserved sleep. Kay

Regal Princess' bridge cam has gone off line! Is she still moving? It looks like she is still waiting at the buoy.

It periodically skips an uploaded image and should be back shortly...

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959