Celebrity Cabin Sinks

WahooNKS

We plan to wash a few things here and there on our upcoming 11-day cruise on Equinox. Does anyone know if the sinks have sink stoppers? Or do I need to bring one? Many of the Travel Kits available for purchase contain a stopper, but I'd like to spare the expense if not necessary. :confused:

Edited by WahooNKS

The sinks on this in Verandah category cabins and below are like a bowl sitting on a counter with a long faucet that is really oversized for the sink. You can see photos of what I mean here:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=celebrity+equinox+bathrooms&id=A905F2BD47D5858FF38E5117CD4CB147C04EDC87&FORM=IQFRBA#view=detail&id=2276A2F05EB48773ACCDF1E91DBAFAE043F7A7B8&selectedIndex=15

They have a large faucet that is awkwardly positioned and makes it hard to wash your face! There is a stopper, though I question how you could effectively rinse out clothes in this sink - perhaps some underwear, but I think that would be about it. Unfortunately the shower does not have a pull down wand, so that eliminates another possible way to wash unless you do laundry while you shower. This is a more complete photo of the bathroom:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=celebrity+equinox+bathrooms&id=A905F2BD47D5858FF38E5117CD4CB147C04EDC87&FORM=IQFRBA#view=detail&id=1F9E1B146BFCE6EF7071F5C50A8583CFB0A060B2&selectedIndex=12

The suites have a totally different type of sink. They also have tubs, which would solve the problem.

Sometimes it's easier to do those hand washables in the shower. :)

The shower works great ... especially for bathing suits which I won't sent out.

I just wash them out and use shampoo for my detergent right in the shower. Even when we have a tub, the shower is way easier! :D

LuLu

~~~~

Okay, I read the title and wondered how a single cabin could "sink". LOL... My bad!

:o You are not alone ... I did a (( Double Take)) on the title too. :D

My bad too! :o The title was fine once I read the post. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

The sinks are quite small....very hard to rinse even teeny underwear! It might be easier to just send a few things to the laundry.

A word of caution using the ship's laundry service will make teeny stuff even tinier. They do not seem to use anything but very hot water.

Celebrity's Veranda cabin sinks were not designed for functionality.