Fold, do not cut luggage tags???

sellwingri

I bought those thin luggage tags and followed all the instructions and had a heck of a time getting them folded exactly and inserted and asked my DH for help. He took one look and said "why don't you just cut them and slide them in?" After responding "because they say not to" I did as he suggested and they slid right in.

I'm assuming they tell you not to cut them to make them thicker for those not using the plastic tags but I'm curious how many of you just cut them. I don't want to make RCI mad at me when just getting on the ship - HA!

Edited by sellwingri

I bought those thin luggage tags and followed all the instructions and had a heck of a time getting them folded exactly and inserted and asked my DH for help. He took one look and said "why don't you just cut them and slide them in?" After responding "because they say not to" I did as he suggested and they slid right in.

I'm assuming they tell you not to cut them to make them thicker for those not using the plastic tags but I'm curious how many of you just cut them. I don't want to make RCI mad at me when just getting on the ship - HA!

That's why we husbands don't bother reading instructions. It's a natural instinct. :D

Fold, do not cut, is generic for all of those people who do not use those plastic luggage tag holders.

Snip and cut away. I don't think the luggage tag police will come looking for you if you do cut them.

Edited by lady_cruiser

Fold, do not cut, is generic for all of those people who do not use those plastic luggage tag holders.

Snip and cut away. I don't think the luggage tag police will come looking for you if you do cut them.

Glad for this insight as we will try out the tags Santa brought to us as we sail very soon. One tag per person so ideally we pack smart...which is easier said than done around here when driving to the cruise port.

Be a rebel, cut, fold, print out in black & white, just go for it. Then run into your bedroom and rip that tag off your mattress.:)

Seriously, I use the heavy duty plastic tags and cut the printed out tag to fit, just so it shows on both sides. I also bought a few extra tags so I can put one in 2 places on my suitcase. The ship luggage handlers have told me they like those plastic tags much more than folks who just put lots of packing tape over their printed tags, easier on their hands.

Officer Elvis from the Luggage Tag Police. Come with me please and keep your hands in plain sight!

Elvis

Be a rebel, cut, fold, print out in black & white, just go for it. Then run into your bedroom and rip that tag off your mattress.:)

You're an animal. You won't get away with this.

I like to print the tags and then do a cheapo lamination by putting clear package tape on both sides - they look almost as good as when they mailed them to you.

That's why we husbands don't bother reading instructions. It's a natural instinct. :D

That's what my teenage boys say when I tell him to get a "new computer" to work, etc. and I tell him to look at the instructions, he says "instructions!" I don't need any instructions to figure this out:D

Yeah, we cut one section otherwise they would not slide in.

Buy the tags from CC store. I just used the wide ones for our Carnival Dream cruise and they were perfect. Yes, I had to cut the print out as otherwise all that paper made them too thick to slip in. I used them on the flight but used a business card and then slipped the cruise tag in at the hotel before going to the port. Not sure I would do that again as I got concerned the tags weren't sturdy enough for airlines handlers. I just bought 8 more for the upcoming family cruise on the Oasis and will give them to all the kids.

Dang it, they're sold out of the wide ones. I've never seen these before, but now I MUST have...

:-)

Janis

I read on another thread sometime back that they have something similar at Walgreens. I believe they said they have toothpaste and a toothbrush in them for travel. They said they work great for this. I haven't thought to look for them though when I was there. You might check that out.

There was something in here a while back that had an excel sheet to print multiple tags. Anyone have a link to that thread?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

This tool was written by a fellow Cruise Critic member, ahecht. The link is in his signature line on post #11 here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1843089

It's a great tool and I have used it multiple times. I have our local office store print the tags on card stock with a color laser printer and they look great!