Southampton - where to meet someone

catsforkids

A dear family friend is picking me up in Southampton for the day. Does anyone have a suggestion for where we could meet where there is place for him to park the car?

He is from Bath so he does not know the Southampton area. He is deaf and does not "do computers or cell phones" so I want to make sure we have a good place to connect. I am not sure where taxis queue or if he would even be allowed to enter that area.

We dock at 07:00 in May.

Thanks for any help!

A dear family friend is picking me up in Southampton for the day. Does anyone have a suggestion for where we could meet where there is place for him to park the car?

He is from Bath so he does not know the Southampton area. He is deaf and does not "do computers or cell phones" so I want to make sure we have a good place to connect. I am not sure where taxis queue or if he would even be allowed to enter that area.

Thanks for any help!

I am sure you will get some help from the real experts, since we have only been to Southampton once. A friend of our from Leeds brought their car to Southampton for our cruise last year. They just drove right to the terminal and parked across from it. If you set a time, he should just be able to drive by and pick you up. Then you could go park at or across from West Quay Mall.

Thanks for any help!

If he's picking you up from one of the terminals, you need to know which one you are sailing into - Mayflower Terminal, City terminal, Ocean Terminal or QE2 Terminal? Which ship are you on?

Thanks for any help!

It may be easier for him to come to the terminal and pick you up at a set time and then go and find a parking spot. There are large multi story car parks attached to the West Quay a large Mall in the centre of the city. As long as it is not a Saturday there should be no problem. Perhaps a local might come and give you further advice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If he's picking you up from one of the terminals, you need to know which one you are sailing into - Mayflower Terminal, City terminal, Ocean Terminal or QE2 Terminal?

The OP has also asked this on Trip Advisor and says there that it is Ocean Terminal.

Edited by aquilegia

The OP has also asked this on Trip Advisor and says there that it is Ocean Terminal.

Oh yes, I utilize any travel forum I can :)

What about Mayflower Park? Since he is deaf unless you know which ear to yell into), it is difficult for him to communicate and he is very "cheap". Even if I offer to pay, he will not want to pay for parking.

I looked at Google maps and Mayflower Park is about a 15 minute walk for me & it would be hard to miss him there.

As long as I can walk along Platform Rd without being with the traffic!