(Almost) just off of FOS - awesome week!!

fletch1027

Sitting in Pharoah's Palace on my least favorite day of the cruise - waiting to disembark. :-(

Perfect week, warm weather, no rain. Stinks to go back home tomorrow.

Any questions let me know!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sitting in Pharoah's Palace on my least favorite day of the cruise - waiting to disembark. :-(

Perfect week, warm weather, no rain. Stinks to go back home tomorrow.

Any questions let me know!

Two weeks ago it was reported one of the front thrusters was down. Any sigsn of slowdown or mention? They were supposed to inact repairs today if I read the message right.

Two weeks ago it was reported one of the front thrusters was down. Any sigsn of slowdown or mention? They were supposed to inact repairs today if I read the message right.

Did not notice any issues. We made it to each port on time and we left on time. Only thing was in Jamaica and Mexico we left between 15-20 mins early. I guess as soon as everyone was on board we shoved off.

I assume with only one thruster down, it's probably more redundancy based as opposed to performance?

Thrusters are only used for docking maneuvers, so should not cause any slowdown.

How was the MDR food?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The MDR food was good. My last 2 cruises have been on FOS, so I don't have any other cruise lines to compare it to other to say that it was good enough where I could find at least a couple of entrees, apps, desserts to order each night. :-)

The quality and presentation were great. Everything was fresh and the expected temperature.

Although it's a vague answer, I hope that helps...

Are he cruise compasses for the FOS the same for the Eastern and Western routes? Which route did you just sail? I'd like to see the cruise compasses from the Western route if they are different. My email is: Mompells@aol.com Thanks!

We were on Western. I assume they will be different because Eastern has one more sea day than Western.

I'll get them scanned tomorrow while I am at work...

You didn't happen to see a bartender named Norman, did you? I know it's a long shot, but he was our favorite person on our last cruise. We love Norman and would love to know if he is still on board (next FOS cruise isn't till next year though....boo hiss)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the food info! Also what kind of music at night in the clubs? Any good dance music for couples around 50?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hard to gauge. I am in my mid-40's, but not a big dancer. The week was not normal though because there was a rock-n-roll charter on the ship that featured about 10-12 groups from the 60's / 70's, and I think that may have altered what they may normally do on the FOS.

We were not part of that (besides a concert that Bowser did for the whole ship), but here is their FB page link:

https://www.facebook.com/rockyandtherollersrockandrolloldiescruise