Electric sockets on Oriana

MBTScotland

Can someone tell me how many electric sockets are in an Oriana cabin. Also do the cases have to go under the beds? I've tried the FAQ but can't find out.

Cruised before but first time on P&O. going to the Caribbean March 25th.

Yes the cases will go under the beds. As to the sockets I think it depends on the grade of cabin. In general I would say, not enough. So take a multi block.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Can someone tell me how many electric sockets are in an Oriana cabin. Also do the cases have to go under the beds? I've tried the FAQ but can't find out.

Cruised before but first time on P&O. going to the Caribbean March 25th.

In our cabin it was just the one 3pin socket. So yes take a multi socket extension, and yes cases go under the bed

Sent from my iPad

I have heard of stewards confiscating multi socket extensions until the end of a cruise to prevent overloading of the system. Suggesting people take them is not good advice, especially bearing in mind the overheating of one on Azura recently. On Oceana last year, we had two sockets in a mini suite. Using kettle in one, battery charger in the other with TV on, tripped the fuse to the cabin.

I have heard of stewards confiscating multi socket extensions until the end of a cruise to prevent overloading of the system. Suggesting people take them is not good advice, especially bearing in mind the overheating of one on Azura recently. On Oceana last year, we had two sockets in a mini suite. Using kettle in one, battery charger in the other with TV on, tripped the fuse to the cabin.

On Aurora the kettle and Tv are wired into the sockets, leaving only the vanity unit available

Sent from my iPad

On the inside cabins there is 1 socket. Cases fit under the beds just fine.

Couple of electrical tips.

Never use more than 1 heating thing at a time with an extension lead. (Kettle, Toaster, Hair Tongs / Drier etc.)

Chargers and similar things are fine but always unplug them when not in use.

Don't coil up extension leads when you are using them. If they come on a roll you must unwind ALL of the cable before you use them.

The lead on your Vacuum Cleaner / Lawn Mower is always around 2 ft to short.

Alex.

Hi, on Oriana last May we had only one socket above the vanity unit in our inside cabin. However my husband couldn't fit his camera charger into it because of the shape of the charger. We asked the cabin steward if he could charge it elsewhere and he took us to the cabin to show that there was another socket below the vanity unit top - underneath in the space where the chair fits! Not obvious to find if you aren't shown where it is. Sue

If you charge your camera or anything else using a usb plug there will not be enough space under the socket as it's too close to the desk top. I use a short extension cable.

There is as Sue said an additional socket under the desk on the Oriana but I haven't looked on other ships.

In our cabin it was just the one 3pin socket. So yes take a multi socket extension, and yes cases go under the bed

Sent from my iPad

Just back from our eventful 1st cruise on Oriana. There was one single socket that I could find in our cabin that was used by the kettle. I took the advise from this forum and used a multi socket extension for my bits and pieces and no, it was not confiscated.

Most suitcases do go under the bed but we found that our largest suitcase didn't fully fit under even though it wasn't particularly deep. Along with others, we put the empty case into the corridor outside and our cabin steward took it to a storage area.