? about cruise discount with Visa points

betmust

Sorry if this has been asked but no search function..

I called to get $1000 taken off with RC Visa points. Does anyone know how long that takes? I think they told my TA it takes 2 months. Sounds like a long time...

Thanks

It should not take more than a week or two, unless they are incredibly backed up in the redemptions department.

Are you able to use the web based redemption process:

https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

Edited by clarea

Thank you. I did go to that site to redeem points. I ended up calling because my cruise is booked thru a TA - when I redeemed points 2 yeas ago, they told me my TA had to OK it.

When I called this time, they told me they did not do that anymore. I redeemed and immediately got an email saying I did.

My TA called the other day to get a balance for me and when she questioned it they told her it took 2 months. I just thought that seemed like a very long time....

Thank you. I did go to that site to redeem points. I ended up calling because my cruise is booked thru a TA - when I redeemed points 2 yeas ago, they told me my TA had to OK it.

When I called this time, they told me they did not do that anymore. I redeemed and immediately got an email saying I did.

My TA called the other day to get a balance for me and when she questioned it they told her it took 2 months. I just thought that seemed like a very long time....

That is ridiculous. I have redeemed points in the past, forwarded the confirmation to my TA and within two weeks it was taken care of.

I don't leave it to the last minute, prior to date final payment is due, either. I just redeemed points within the past few days, forwarded confirmation to my travel agent, and expect it to be applied shortly.

Its done instantly, but might take up to a week to show up. I cashed some in today and she emailed me within minutes, my receipt. I used some in January for my May cruise, and the same thing, it was applied immediately, but took a few days to show up.

They process them by sail date. We redeemed points for our November cruise a couple of months ago and it still has not been processed.

They told me once that they wait until close to final payment date to post them.

Edited by molly361