Royal Baby Allure of the Sea Questions

Hi, My family and I are going on the Allure of the sea March 2014 (2 weeks). This is my 3rd cruise but first time with a child. My daughter will be 10 months and after reading as many post as I can find and calling royal caribbean directly, I still cant find the answers to the following questions.

1) What are the hours of operations of the royal babies daycare? I believe their are two times (morning $6 and evening $8).

2) Was the nursery loud? My daughter only sleeps in quiet and dim lights. Was the nursery often busy (i.e. many of the cribs in use)?

3) Where do you reserve daycare times? (At the daycare or at the cruise reservations)

4) Are their aquariums in each of the cribs? Can they be rented?

5) Do the nursery often get full? I am really concerned because I am going during March break.

Overall, any advice?

Many Thanks,

RoyalFamily

We peeked (through a glass window seemed very secure) into the nursery on our recent Oasis cruise and it looked amazing..dim lights and several cribs and rocking chairs..We saw only 4 babies in there and 3 staff..very impressive looking.

We used the Royal Babies nursery when we sailed on the Allure. The facilities are very nice, but they cribs and the play area are all in one large room divided by a shoulder height wall, so it won't be quiet or dark. There may be kids playing and watching TV on one side of the divider while there will be kids sleeping in the cribs on the other side.

Hours of operation were from 8am until midnight.

No aquariums in the cribs. I guess you could bring yours if your little one needs it. We have one which our son used when he was an infant and was later used by our daughter who just turned 2. While they were both addicted to them at one time, both of them outgrew them almost overnight. Our daughter literally loved it one day and the next day swatted my hand when I tried to turn it on and never used it again. :o

We went in early May and used the facilities mostly at night while we went out for dinner or to watch a show. I want to say that it was $8/hr. You can sign up on the first day of the cruise and pre-reserve the ours that you need.

While the nursery was busy, it was never completely full. At the most, I saw 8 kids at one time, and out of those, maybe only 2 were using the crib. Even though our son normally goes to bed at 8pm, we'd go pick him up at 11pm and he'd still be bouncing around, playing with the other kids and having fun (he was 15 months at the time). He probably actually fell asleep in one of the cribs once during the entire week.

Overall, Royal Babies is wonderful. It truly made our vacation amazing, Feel free to read my review (link in my signature). I wrote about Royal Babies, as well as all the other things for babies and tots that our son enjoyed during out cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We used the royal babies nursery on the Oasis last month. Yes, the prices you have are correct $6/hour for morning and $8/hr for evening hours.

We sailed during a busy time in January , and the ship was at full capacity. I saw at the most 8 tots/babies in the nursery and that was during the port days. It did not seem very full. They have 6 cribs and I never saw more than 2 in use at a time. Quite a few parents brought their children in asleep in their stroller or requested they be put to sleep in their strollers.

The sleeping area with the cribs is kept dim, and they did have a "white noise" machine. For our cruise they only let one family in at a time for drop off/pick up to keep the noise level down. They do not have aquariums in the cribs.

You will make the nursery reservation on board through the nursery. They initially give you 15-20 hours to book, and if they have more available hours they will open up more booking hours by day 2. They will give you a cell phone to use for the week if they need to get a hold of you. It only calls the nursery and takes calls from the nursery. They also gave us an Adventure Ocean bag to bring his diapers/wipes/bottles, if we did not want to leave our diaper bag there.

We had a wonderful experience with the nursery on Oasis, the staff was amazing. We are looking forward to seeing the nursery on the Allure in March. I will be on the March 9th sailing of the Allure with my 9 month old son. Is that your sailing as well?

FYI: I don't know if you use formula or BM. Be aware they will discard any leftover formula or BM that your child does not finish after 4 hours. So to avoid this I would only take a little BM at a time to avoid it being thrown away.

Anyone know how the daycare contacts the parents in case of emergency?

On Disney, they have sea phones, so if they have to get a hold of you on the ship its really easy. Whats the procedure on RCCL?

See post #4.

Anyone know how the daycare contacts the parents in case of emergency?

On Disney, they have sea phones, so if they have to get a hold of you on the ship its really easy. Whats the procedure on RCCL?

Read the post just above yours, from 16 hours ago...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Thank you for such detailed responses. I really appreciate it.

Yes, my family will be on the March 9th Allure cruise too. I'm sure we will run into each other in the nursery or kids splash pad. My daughter is 10 months with crazy long ash blonde/ brown hair. She is hard to miss :). Please introduce yourself.