Freedom repositioning to Galveston

DuckFace9

Just heard that the freedom will be repositioning to Galveston in late jan or early feb. Maybe bloggers cruise 8 will be the repo? Just warning those who are booked on the freedom past jan 2015, your sailings may be cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just heard that the freedom will be repositioning to Galveston in late jan or early feb. Maybe bloggers cruise 8 will be the repo? Just warning those who are booked on the freedom past jan 2015, your sailings may be cancelled.

John eluded to an announcement about the Freedom coming this Thursday, but the booking engine still has the Freedom in FLL in the 1st quarter of next year.

It's unlikely a repositioning cruise would be selected for Bloggers 8. They are a more expensive to travel to and from since it's not a closed loop cruise. I certainly wouldn't do one.

Care to site your source?

While aboard a RCCL ship we listened to their comments about the Freedom of the Seas coming to Galveston. After hearing and reading about so many ship changes the only thing I count is when I see them coming down the channel.

The Conquest was the only ship to come her unannounced.

We will see!

Another thread post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41038870&postcount=869

Edited by BallFour4

Pvp

First post, but I am no troll just normally a reader only.

A PVP is a very poor source of information like this. When the Freedom was delivered my PVP at the time told me it was also moving to Galveston to replace the Conquest when it went back to New Orleans, and that we were going to get I believe it was the Victory to repalce the Ecstacy.

Heck my PVP could tell me that the Vista an Dream were moving to Galveston, but I would not believe it or post it until it was official.

I just booked it end of jan/first week of feb. the feb cruise is in question according to pvp because of the way it was flagged in the system, they had trouble locating the cruise. I hope they don't cancel, i'm looking forward to the freedom and don't care for the Dream and Breeze so I can't imagine I'd like the Magic.

Moving the Magic actually sounds resonable. With the Dream coming to NOLA, it doesn't make much sense to keep both the Dream and Magic here and not have one of them in Florida. It would be nice to get a different ship here in Texas. My DW and I prefer not to fly to get to our cruises (she hates to fly....) and so having another ship choice local would be nice.

So what ship will take Freedom's place in Ft. Lauderdale, the Magic? Ugh, all these speculations..... :rolleyes:

With Royal having Navigator here year round and upgrading to the Liberty of the seas next year

Why would Carnival put an older ship in Galveston:confused:

Navigator of the Seas - launched in 2000

Liberty of the Seas - launched in 2007

Carnival Freedom - launched in 2007

Freedom is not any older than the Royal ships you mentioned.

With Royal having Navigator here year round and upgrading to the Liberty of the seas next year

Why would Carnival put an older ship in Galveston:confused:

More and more Carnival is filled with older ships that they upgrade periodically but falling behind RCCL and others.

Hopefully with Vista they will become more innovative.

If this is true - Freedom coming to Galveston - I doubt it would be to take Magic's place. I would bet that it would be to take Triumph's place. Magic and Triumph are ALWAYS full. They would not replace their biggest ship with a smaller one. But I can believe they would replace a smaller ship with a larger one. Or they could be adding her as a 3rd ship....the passengers are there.

If this turns out to be true, I hope they will replace the Freedom with another ship in Port Everglades. We like to fly into FLL for cruises since it is cheaper than flying into MIA and Port Everglades is just so much easier to get to than to have to figure out transportation to get to POM. DH was just commenting that Port Everglades needs a "fresh" ship.

Is Freedom the only Carnival ship currently in Port Everglades now or do they also have a Fantasy class ship there?

Navigator of the Seas - launched in 2000

Liberty of the Seas - launched in 2007

Carnival Freedom - launched in 2007

Freedom is not any older than the Royal ships you mentioned.

I was comparing the age of the Freedom to the Magic, which was launched in 2011.

I would think Carnival would not want to lose ground to RCCL out of Galveston

Also NCL and Princess have committed to Houston for the next couple years,

Carnival needs to bring their 'A' game.

More and more Carnival is filled with older ships that they upgrade periodically but falling behind RCCL and others.

Hopefully with Vista they will become more innovative.

I agree and do look forward to the Vista and hopefully something new

Royal just put virtual Balcony inside cabins on the Navigator

Wonder what will be on the Vista

Makes sense that it would take the place of the Magic in early Feb. The Magic will be out of service starting Feb 2-8-15 for a 40 plus day dry dock then.

As of February 12, 2014, Go CCL is showing 2/08/15 thru 3/22/15 as the dates for the Carnival Magic's dry-dock on the ship's fact sheet.

Makes sense that it would take the place of the Magic in early Feb. The Magic will be out of service starting Feb 2-8-15 for a 40 plus day dry dock then.

As of February 12, 2014, Go CCL is showing 2/08/15 thru 3/22/15 as the dates for the Carnival Magic's dry-dock on the ship's fact sheet.

That's some dry dock! What could they be doing to such a new ship?

That's some dry dock! What could they be doing to such a new ship?

Let's see if it stays that long, look at the Freedom and Victory Dry docks both went from very long to just 2 weeks.

I hate to say it but it looks like they want all the ships to start looking alike inside or at least have the same feel, one of my guesses is they may do a lot of decor changes to make it look like the Breeze and Sunshine inside is one thing.(that was just a guess)