Dining room dressing

Jaxchamp

I want to apologize in advance for starting yet another thread about dress code for the main dining room!.........but I need some input!......me and the DD can't wait to get dressed up every night......but DH and DS.....not so much!......I have them sorted and on board for formal nights!......and I know they can not wear shorts at all.....but can DS wear a nice pair of jeans and a nice t-shirt on casual night?....smart casual I can convince him and DH to wear a collared shirt and jeans, but if they have to wear a collar for 6 night in a row....I am going to have to prepare them!......we did the allure 2 years ago and I am sure I saw t-shirts....but I don't want to be that family!.....thoughts?

Edited by Jaxchamp

I want to apologize in advance for starting yet another thread about dress code for the main dining room!.........but I need some input!......me and the DD can't wait to get dressed up every night......but DH and DS.....not so much!......I have them sorted and on board for formal nights!......and I know they can not wear shorts at all.....but can DS wear a nice pair of jeans and a nice t-shirt on casual night?....smart casual I can convince him and DH to wear a collared shirt and jeans, but if they have to wear a collar for 6 night in a row....I am going to have to prepare them!......we did the allure 2 years ago and I am sure I saw t-shirts....but I don't want to be that family!.....thoughts?

Yes, nice (clean and un-tattered) jeans with a V-Neck or scoop neck cotton shirt (not a TSHirt with a logo on it, but a nice solid colored or striped cotton collarless shirt) is perfectly fine on casual night. To be honest, there is really no true distinction with the way people dress on casual not versus smart casual. So, this is OK for all but formal nights

Hey Thanks all for your responses!....DS hates golf shirts......but doesn't mind button up plaid shirts.....you see....at 13 he seems to think he is a fashion expert!......the Dh on the other hand wears golf shirts and button down and the odd suit and tie everyday for work.....so I understand wanting to take a break from the same old thing. As I own my own business that is pretty hands on....not so dressy.....I can't wait to get all girly.....I am just not a real fan of buffets.....and am looking forward to the dining room every night!......maybe I'll send the boys off on their own with shorts and flip flops!....lol:confused:

Jeans and t-shirts are perfectly acceptable to wear in the MDR at dinner. RCI is very accommodating with their suggested dress code and what you propose is quite acceptable.

Thank you!....If they can each wear a non logo'd t-shirt.....with a very nice pair of jeans one night......they will be very happy!

Thank you!....If they can each wear a non logo'd t-shirt.....with a very nice pair of jeans one night......they will be very happy!

Let them do it on two nights, if you wish. The first night and the last night are usually the most casual, because some people haven't received their luggage yet (on the first night) or have already packed (on the last night) so they dine in their travel clothes.

Let them do it on two nights, if you wish. The first night and the last night are usually the most casual, because some people haven't received their luggage yet (on the first night) or have already packed (on the last night) so they dine in their travel clothes.

Thank you Donna!....my boys will love you!......sounds like a plan to me!

Well welcome to to the dressing thread!....clothes and otherwise!......anyone know what kind of dressing is served in the main dining room?.......and can I just say.....winter has clearly been too long if we are willing to research the kind of dressing being served anywhere!....lol!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ha...ha!.....I just went on CC.......without being on my ipad!........lots of views!......sorry.....I know nothing about the dressing served anywhere on the ship......but hope you all navigate the very dodgy dress code easier than me!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Me, too!

Lol speaking of dressing anyone remember the orange salad dressing in the MDR? Haven't had it in years it was my favorite 2 years ago I had a great waiter I asked about it he had it made for me one night wish I had the recipe

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm a nudist, so after all it is my vacation, so I can do as I wish.

If you are dining at the table beside me, then absolutely! Just don't forget your towel for the chair. ;)

Dan.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

Dress attire has certainly become less strict, as the Cruise Lines seem to make more of an effort to let cruisers know that the nightly "dress code" is only a suggestion.

Many people look forward to getting dressed up and having their picture taken (no photos for me $$$). Twice I wore a Tux on Formal Night, other times a tie, with or without a jacket, but never a tee shirt. I realize that some tee shirts are very nice looking, but there are those cases where a tee shirt looked like it had been laying around the pool deck for a couple of hours.

My suggestion is to give your son a little more leeway when it comes to what is worn to dinner, and to tell your husband that he should "Man-Up" and realize what a wonderful thing it is to be fortunate enough to be able to cruise. If your husband not being able to wear a tee-shirt to dinner will ruin his cruise...Need I say More? Sorry but I could not help myself. :(

We just got back from an Allure 2/9 sailing. We had 3 tables of 10 in the dining room. Everyone wore smart casual, docker type pants ans golf shirts, slacks and shirts, casual dresses, etc the whole trip... except one. He wore dress shorts every night except formal night. No one even seemed to care or notice. Many men wore jeans and nice shirts.