Guaranteed assignment already?

pmama

We just booked 2 guarantee inside rooms on Monday for 4/20 on FOS. Super excited to see room assignments already and they are upgrades to promenade view with just 2 rooms between us!

* So, do I have to fear this will change or is it final once posted to your reservation?

* Also, we have 2 kiddos 9 and 13. Both our room assignments are connecting but not with each other. Is it allowed and PC to ask our neighbor once they arrive if they'd be willing to trade so we could share the connecting door with our own peeps?

Just looked and one of the connecting rooms is still available? We're super happy for the upgrade so don't want to push our luck. My hubby is VERY protective of our girls and may not let them be separate even 2 doors down.

What would happen if I called after a couple weeks if that room was still available and asked if it was possible to get that room instead?

Just looked and one of the connecting rooms is still available? We're super happy for the upgrade so don't want to push our luck. My hubby is VERY protective of our girls and may not let them be separate even 2 doors down.

What would happen if I called after a couple weeks if that room was still available and asked if it was possible to get that room instead?

I would call now before the connecting room is assigned to someone else. I don't think you would have any trouble getting them to change the room. the sooner the better. Good Luck !

If you have been assigned 2 cabins in the same category and the other cabin is in the category you have been assigned, you should contact RCI right away. If booked through an agent, you will need to contact the agent to make the change.

I would call now before the connecting room is assigned to someone else. I don't think you would have any trouble getting them to change the room. the sooner the better. Good Luck !

Ditto- That is if you are in the US. If not I don't know the rules on guarantee cabins. Just call and ask to change your cabin as long as the other one is the same category. Don't even mention that it is a guarantee

If you HAVE to have your rooms side by side, taking a guarantee is not the way to go. Yes the cabins can change, although rare, and you may end up on different decks.

While changing a seat on a plane to accommodate a family is often acceptable, I’ve never heard of this concept on a cruise ship and I can’t imagine anyone would go to the hassle of changing cabins. It would involve physically moving everything as well as changing all the info at guest services. I know family members change cabin and simply get a new set of keys, but this would not work with strangers. Further, some passengers are very specific about their cabin and have paid for a certain location and likely will not want to move.

Good luck

M

If the cabin is now empty, then you should be able to change. Promenade is a nice upgrade from inside! I would agree with your husband. When our children were that age and because someone in the room had to be 21 at the time, one of us stayed with each child when connecting cabins were not available.

If you HAVE to have your rooms side by side, taking a guarantee is not the way to go. Yes the cabins can change, although rare, and you may end up on different decks.

While changing a seat on a plane to accommodate a family is often acceptable, I’ve never heard of this concept on a cruise ship and I can’t imagine anyone would go to the hassle of changing cabins. It would involve physically moving everything as well as changing all the info at guest services. I know family members change cabin and simply get a new set of keys, but this would not work with strangers. Further, some passengers are very specific about their cabin and have paid for a certain location and likely will not want to move.

Good luck

M

Your first general statement is true enough, but in this case the gamble may work out very well for this family.

OP, there are plenty of connecting PR cabin combos available for your sailing. If you are an international guest, the rules may be different, but if you are from North America, go ahead and ask to swap into a connecting set of PR cabins. After getting gty assignments, I have often asked to change cabin numbers within the exact same category; RCI has accommodated the request each and every time. Do not worry that you are pushing your luck; they will be professional about your request. Simply pick out a couple sets of connecting cabins you'd really like, then call your travel agent (if you used one) or call Royal Caribbean directly (if you did not use TA). Do it soon, while there are lots of choices. Really, you will be happier in a connecting set, and having your family in a connecting set is at least as good (and probably better) for the cruiseline and for other passengers. Do it now.

You should call now. We moved our guaranteed interior from deck 2 to deck 7 after it was assigned without any issues.

However, if you are doing MTD, they will probably still have your original rooms in their system, but it is an easy change for them to make. That's what happened to us...

We often take a guarantee and have never had an assigned cabin changed again by the cruise line (I’ve changed them many times myself) , BUT I have read (on CC) about it happening. The OP needs to be prepared that there is a remote possibility that at a later time, RCCL can decide to re-assign one or both of the guarantees.

m

Call RC and change your cabins to have connecting. Then, go to the RC website, and log in. Go to your preferences, and make sure you mark it as "NO UPGRADE". This should keep you in the 2 connecting cabins. After this cruise, you can go back to your preferences, and change it to allow for an upgrade for following sailings.

Got it!!!! Woohoo, super excited!:D

I am glad you got the cabins you wanted.

Since you booked guarantees, the cruise line has the right to change your cabin assignment(s). But the odds of that happening at this point are quite low (especially if you mark "do not upgrade" as suggested above). Log into the website now and then to double check that all is well. And have a wonderful family cruise.

Once you get your upgrade you can call your TA or RCCL and ask to change to that other cabin . As long as the cabin is the same category as the one you want to exchange they will be glad to do it for you.