Bunch of good cruise tips...

Stockjock

Just know that a lot of that information is now outdated and incorrect.

Some of it is just "myths".

2 top tables cannot just be created because you want one. If space is available, you will get one. If there are no 2-tops left, they are not going to build you a table for 2 just because you tipped a man who already makes 100K+ a year a lousy $20.

Some of this is good advice/tips. But some of it is really outdated. People just need to be aware of that.

These are not mine and I'm not sure if they've been linked to before.

The link takes you to a non-commercial site, so hopefully that's not a problem. But there's some good stuff here: http://www.dcfagowees.com/usefulinfo/Cruise_tips.pdf

A lot of those suggestions are flaunting the rules of the ship. I would hope that my fellow cruisers are not without morals and ethics. Why would you do that? Does stepping on a ship cancel your responsibility to follow the rules? Or is this the type person who feels that cheating is a super power.

Not appreciative of the recommendations on multiple levels

A lot of those suggestions are flaunting the rules of the ship. I would hope that my fellow cruisers are not without morals and ethics. Why would you do that? Does stepping on a ship cancel your responsibility to follow the rules? Or is this the type person who feels that cheating is a super power.

Not appreciative of the recommendations on multiple levels

I think the key here is to use common sense and let one's conscience be one's guide. There are a lot of great tips here...and a few not as good. Not too hard to filter this info, in my view.

A major one not to follow: DO NOT keep your balcony door open at night (or even at other times). You will be messing up with the climate control system for not only your cabin' date=' but the cabins in your area.[/quote']

That will be dependent on the ship design.

Picking up a towel and taking it with you home? That's stealing. Nice suggestion. Also the ones that are outdated need to be flagged because if people follow some of them, you'll be paying for them. Several are not free.

silly to bring your own towels for the reason stated (tho to avoid theft of them IS a good idea)...

Trust me, those sales hawks are not drawn to you because of your cruise line towel, but more likely because you don't look like a local--and locals typically go to non-tourist beaches, so they are on to you either way;)

• 3 weeks later...

Question: I'm sure this has been covered somewher. I've done the search and haven't found what I'm looking for. So ill just ask, can gentleman wear nice shirts, jeans, boots and cowboy hats in the mdr? I think I seen a few on the conquest last time I went.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Question: I'm sure this has been covered somewher. I've done the search and haven't found what I'm looking for. So ill just ask, can gentleman wear nice shirts, jeans, boots and cowboy hats in the mdr? I think I seen a few on the conquest last time I went.

You probably could. Most people do dress up a little bit, so I'd take a look in the mirror and decide for yourself.

That will be dependent on the ship design.

And how many people would just go by this list and not ask if this is all right before following these tips and other tips they get (and messing up the climate control, taking home towels from the ship, removing autotips, etc.)?

It may be the norm in Texas, but for a man to wear a hat in any restaurant, be it a baseball cap or cowboy hat, is considered bad manners. I've been on many cruises, even on Carnival, and it's rare to see a man dressed totally western style unless it's some kind of theme night, which they really don't do much anymore. Jeans, neat with no rips, collared shirt and the boots are probably ok, but I'd leave the hat in the cabin and not in the MDR.

As for the OP's post, a lot of the things are decent tips, but it's too bad it can't be edited. I did notice a lot was booze related, and I must point out that even Carnival has gotten very strict on smuggling. The other "tip" that could cause people trouble is the one about the sandwiches and cookies. If the writer is implying to take those sandwiches off the ship, in most places, it's illegal and could incur a very large fine.

Edited by kitty9

Some of the tips are quite handy, not all of them. Anyway, thank you for posting!

...yeah in particular the ones advising how to violate ship's policy (smuggling booze), interfere with the intended operation of the ship (prop the balcony doors open at night), steal from other passengers (take their towels so that they incur a ship charge), and bribe ship staff for your personal benefit (getting a table configuration that my not be normally available). Very helpful to new cruisers.....:rolleyes:

Edited by leaveitallbehind