Paradise vs Breeze????

rene194215

Hello-

I am looking at a cruise from Tampa on the Paradise but just found a cruise on the Breeze from Miami. Tampa is a 5 might to Grand Caymen and Cozumel while Miami is a 6 night to Key West, Grand Caymen and Cozumel. I have been on the Paradise before and its an older ship I know the Breese is newer. I have been to all ports before. I guess where I am struggling is that the Paradise has many less people then the Breeze. Not sure who the feel is on such a large ship.

Thanks!!

The only way to find out if you like something is to try it. Since you've already been on the Paradise before but not the Breeze I'd say give it a try. It's still a cruise. :) I know some people have a preference about the size of the ship but it doesn't matter to me if I'm on a ship the size of the Holiday (which was pretty awesome) or the Valor (which was also awesome). As long as I'm on a cruise ship and escaping reality for a week it doesn't matter to me, you might find that you're the same way. Try out the Breeze. I have yet to read one bad review about her. Good luck!

The Breeze is amazing, and we really enjoyed the extra dining options, but for overall crew friendliness, we felt the Paradise was superior. Not that the crew of the Breeze weren't trying (with the possible exception of the hostesses for YTD) but they take care of so many people and the ship is so big that they are always in a rush. The servers in the MDR especially as the dining rooms are so big it can take a while to get to and from the galley.

I'm glad we went, but we really like the size of thefantasy class ships.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have been on the Dream twice and the Paradise twice. Both ships are wonderful but overall the experience on the smaller ship is much nicer and more relaxing than dealing with the amount of people on the Dream size ships. Yes the amenities and cabins are not as nice on the Paradise but if the itineraries were the same (which I know they are not) I would pick the Paradise hands down every time.

I feel for you. I have a very similar decision to make for next winter's cruise. The cost difference between a 5-day Paradise and a 6-day Breeze for our family of 4 is over $500. (Of course, the Breeze is more expensive)

Paradise: two IS cabins, 5-days, Grand Cayman & Cozumel

Extra day at Seaworld.

Breeze: Deluxe quad OV, 6-days, Ocho Rios, Cayman & Cozumel.

Extra port day to a port we have never been to (I really want to see the Blue Hole and Secret Falls). The drive to Miami will add an extra 3+ hours to our trip one-way.

I think the Breeze is a no brainer until I simplify it to: Is is worth $500 and 6+ hours of extra driving to go to Ocho Rios??? But, I do realize the Breeze is a much nicer ship.

I am going with the Paradise. Thank you to everyone, one day I will get to the Breeze. It just made more sence for me to do the 5 night from Tampa. There were many other things i had to think about such as airfare and ground transportation. Also, I think it would be best to go with someone on the Breeze. I have been on the Paradise and know my way around a bit. Either way it will be a great time! I am on a cruise!!!!:D:D

I think you made the correct choice. I love "Paradise", and truly enjoyed "Breeze", but with so many more souls aboard "Breeze" the general atmosphere is just more rushed, and more crowded. "Paradise" is a much more "laid-back" "easy going" cruise IMO. Your comments about the airport, and ground transportation make a lot of sense as well. Once again, IMO, Good Choice, and you can try out the "Breeze" or "Dream" some time in the future when it makes more sense. ;)

"SKY"

Hello-

I am looking at a cruise from Tampa on the Paradise but just found a cruise on the Breeze from Miami. Tampa is a 5 might to Grand Caymen and Cozumel while Miami is a 6 night to Key West, Grand Caymen and Cozumel. I have been on the Paradise before and its an older ship I know the Breese is newer. I have been to all ports before. I guess where I am struggling is that the Paradise has many less people then the Breeze. Not sure who the feel is on such a large ship.

Thanks!!

I would choose the Breeze for sure.