Shareholder credit issue

Nanner

I agree with Dave OKC. Have never had a problem doing as he says. Since I don't use a TA as an intermediary, I think it works better. Just MO.

Also agree with you & Dave, we've never had a problem getting it, but we too go directly to HAL.. Best investment I ever made with DH's agreement.. LOL :):)

Only wish that I had purchased more than 100 shares when it was down to $18 & change..:(:(

Betty

Edited by serendipity1499

I twice sent my information to Carnival, four and two months prior to sailing last month; no acknowledgement from them. I finally called in and was told that there was an extra amount added to my OBC that they 'guessed' was the Shareholders Benefit.

The process certainly leaves room for improvement.

Bodger

I twice sent my information to Carnival, four and two months prior to sailing last month; no acknowledgement from them. I finally called in and was told that there was an extra amount added to my OBC that they 'guessed' was the Shareholders Benefit.

The process certainly leaves room for improvement.

Bodger

Not sure I understand what you are saying.. Did you send the info to Carnival for a Carnival cruise? Assume you know that for a HAL cruise you should send the info to HAL not Carnival per the instructions..

We have never had a problem getting the Carnival or RCL shareholder credit on any sailing -- if you need information about it, read this post that contains links to both http://www.travelingwiththejones.com/2012/05/21/how-to-get-an-onboard-credit-for-every-cruise-you-take/

If you follow the directions on the Carnival Corp Investor Relations, either you OR your travel agent can submit by fax or mail -- make sure the correct information is submitted per the instructions when you click on the link: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

I fax a cover letter requesting credit along with my most recent stock statement (blacking out my account number) to HAL and its generally in my account in a couple of days.

Just to be clear, how exactly do you know the credit has been added to your account?

Each time I have faxed the info to Seattle, I ask if they would send me a confirmation email that the shareholder OBC has been added to my reservation ...but I never receive an email confirmation back, or any confirmation for that matter.

Short of having your TA call, how do you know for sure (before you board and ask at the Front Desk) if the shareholder credit has been added to your booking?

Just to be clear, how exactly do you know the credit has been added to your account?

Each time I have faxed the info to Seattle, I ask if they would send me a confirmation email that the shareholder OBC has been added to my reservation ...but I never receive an email confirmation back, or any confirmation for that matter.

Short of having your TA call, how do you know for sure (before you board and ask at the Front Desk) if the shareholder credit has been added to your booking?

If you book through HAL (direct or one of its PCCs, you can see your OBC online in your HAL account. If you booked through a TA, they have to get the information for you.

As a note, the HAL online information is on your billing statement AND the amount of OBC is a total, not a listing of each, so you do need to keep track of your OBC yourself.

My TA sends me a new confirmation, showing the total amount of OBC, when the stockholder credit has been added. As long as the increase was the correct amount, I can figure what it represents.

As Dave said, you have to keep some track. I have the prior (and the prior to that) confirmations.

Whenever a payment is made or a change issued to the booking, HAL will send an Agent and Guest copy of the revised confirmation to the travel agent.

Each one breaks down pricing and shows Onboard Credit for each guest. (It does not detail where the credit came from, but shows a total of $X for Guest 1 and $X for Guest 2), which will equal the total OBC.

Ask your travel agent for a copy of the Guest Confirmation and bring it with you in case there are any questions.

We had the same luck yesterday ... faxed our paper to the Seattle office about 10 a.m., received confirmation via email around 2. I realize there have been a lot of people who have had problems, but I have always had the OBC dealt with immediately.

My experience with the shareholder credit and HAL has been great. I have faxed in my documentation then ask my TA to check on it a week or so later to see if the credit is showing up.

Princess, by the way, just started showing the shareholder OBC on its Cruise Personalizer. It's great to be able to skip going through my TA to see it applied. For our upcoming cruise, it showed up within an hour of my faxing the request.