LAX and San Pedro

fatdolly

We are returning to San Pedro what is the earliest we can book a flight out of LAX? Thanks

Things to consider:

How long was your cruise (3 days? 15 days?)

Where are you coming from (Panama Canal, Hawaii, Coastals)

Do you have luggage / or walk off?

Where are you flying to (Nevada?)

LAX or Long Beach?

Weekday or Weekend arrival?

Will there be another ship in port?

Do you have Global Entry, TSA precheck or do have to do TSA security at the airport?

I have literally walked off the ship without any delays through immigration and customs (cruise came in from Vancouver).

It has taken up to an hour to get off and through immigrations (even on a 3 day cruise).

There have been as many as 4 stations open and as little as 1 person for US and 1 person for foreigners.

LAX is a good 20 to 30 minutes without traffic or accidents. I have breezed through security and have seen lines out the door and around the corner on Southwest.

I actually live in the area and have only driven people from the port to LAX.

I agree. I wouldn't book anything before Noon. LAX recommends being checked in two hours before your flight plus LA highways are notoriously awful. It will take about 30 minutes to get from the port to LAX under optimum conditions. However, that doesn't happen that often. I'd rather wait at the airport for an hour or so than miss my flight. If you book earlier, make sure you do self-disembarkation and have a Plan B.

Don't forget the options of flights from John Wayne Airport, or Long Beach airport. John Wayne is about 45 mins from the pier.

If the ship is returning from South America then the disembark process will be long.

Don't forget the options of flights from John Wayne Airport, or Long Beach airport. John Wayne is about 45 mins from the pier.

If the ship is returning from South America then the disembark process will be long.

Do you mean any stop in South America?

We are returning to San Pedro what is the earliest we can book a flight out of LAX? Thanks

We just booked a cruise that will also return to San Pedro. There was and 11:45 flight that would have got us home to Pittsburgh early evening so I decided to call Princess to ask what their advice for flight time would be... I was told Princess advises you to book no flights before 12:30pm....

Definitely avoid flights before noon. As someone who has commuted for many years on the 405 freeway (the one that will take you from the Harbor freeway to the airport), I know how congested it gets, even on weekends. It's beyond "rush hour," it's usually not clear til after 7pm.