Would Carnival do this?

KPfromCT

Listen. I am not attacking you. What I am trying to get across is that not everyone would feel the way you and your mom would. That's all. However, I feel that there are people that wouldn't care shifting down one cabin. I am not the person you think I am. Sorry to offend you. And thank you for the good cruise wishes.

No worries (okay I broke my promise not to post again). :D Good luck with your cabin.

No worries (okay I broke my promise not to post again). :D Good luck with your cabin.

Thank u!!!! I am not overly optimistic, but will keep you all posted. :). Either way, it's going to be a great cruise. I mean, I'm going to Aruba!!!!! :D

Thank u!!!! I am not overly optimistic, but will keep you all posted. :). Either way, it's going to be a great cruise. I mean, I'm going to Aruba!!!!! :D

Dang, that goes to Aruba! I love Aruba. I was looking at going back. Haven't gone since my honeymoon, 14 years ago. We loved it then. We loved the Marriot, looking to go back to the Ocean Club there. Have a great time. The jeep tours on the beach are cool. The snorkeling at Del Mar tours I think it was was great. They had a little private island with a bbq lunch and awesome fish to see, huge parrotfish.

It's a different type of cabin but I carefully selected my 4k cabin on the legend so I'm between lifeboats. I know if I was asked to move I'd say no and I would probably spend a good part of the cruise worrying I upset someone by saying no. I hope Carnival does not do this. I book early to get the cabin I want and I shouldn't have to worry about being asked to move.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

In your case of the 4k cabin it does make a difference and you would certainly be right in saying no. You have a very valid reason. It would be very inconsiderate of anyone to even think of asking you to change. When I asked, I was giving the other person the cabin in between lifeboats. So I didn't feel bad about asking.:)

However, based on what the OP has posted about being on Lido, there should not be a difference one cabin over.:)

That is true it's very different circumstance. Still not sure how'd I feel when receiving a call from Carnival asking though...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't know if Carnival will ask. I was told by my PVP that they could not do the asking but I had found the person on my roll call and she agreed to the change. So we actually made the agreement ourselves and then had our PVPs do the formal changes. Even then, she had to initiate the change via her PVP because I was the one who wanted the change. Guess this was to make sure that she really agreed to the change and not me getting Carnival to make the change without her consent...lol.:)

Edited by mississauga

I don't know if Carnival will ask. I was told by my PVP that they could not do the asking but I had found the person on my roll call and she agreed to the change. So we actually made the agreement ourselves and then had our PVPs do the formal changes. Even then, she had to initiate the change via her PVP because I was the one who wanted the change. Guess this was to make sure that she really agreed to the change and not me getting Carnival to make the change without her consent...lol.:)

The TA called my sister, so maybe they all do things differently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Sometimes we could move cabins and sometimes we travel with family, so we wouldn't. I don't think asking will hurt anyone and a small gift, if they did trade cabins would be very nice.

If I might add, the last thing that I would want would be MORE food, like a cake, or strawberries, which I hate. I'm allergic to some flowers and we don't drink wine. Something everyone could use wold be a small OBC for $15-25 :confused:

Good luck.

Good luck! The best would be if your PVP of TA gets you 2 cabins side by side without bothering anyone. However it's done, hope it all works out for everyone involved.

Please come back and let us know how it worked out for you.

In any case, happy cruising and enjoy!

Geeze people are so about ME! I would tell you NO you had an equal opportunity to book the cabin or cabins you wanted but did not and now you want special treatment...NAH, ain't happening.:rolleyes::rolleyes::p

Geeze people are so about ME! I would tell you NO you had an equal opportunity to book the cabin or cabins you wanted but did not and now you want special treatment...NAH, ain't happening.:rolleyes::rolleyes::p

Haha. You're a funny guy!!!!!

Interesting scenario. One I never thought of.

OP, if Carnival won't call, or if they do and the person says no would you ask again onboard? There's no way to know if whoever has that cabin booked today won't cancel or upgrade and thus it could be a different person. But if it were still the same person, again no way to know, it might be awkward if you asked them after being told no.

Not sure how I would feel being asked, either by the cruiseline or in person by another guest. Depending on the situation I might say yes, I might say no, but either way it would make me feel a bit awkward. I usually carefully choose my rooms based on a number of factors important to me and while another room may physically be near there might be downsides to it and I'd say no. In calling Carnival if I was making a request like this I'd be prepared to pay a bit for OBC for the displaced party as an enticement for them to move ANdwant Carnival to relay that with the request

They are not GREAT locations, but they are very close to my friends, they are across from each other. People have lots of reasons to select a certain cabin.

That's why the OP wanted to ask them - to be next to their friends. Personally, I would rather change cabins with them if we weren't with friends or relatives rather than have them talk back and forth across our balcony if we're out there.

I's agree simpleman.....ain't gonna happen..........wish OP for the best outcome......

How about take all of this stress off yourself and ask the couple who you are traveling with and booked late to be the ones to request the switch? You did your due diligence by booking first. If the other people won't switch, I'd still send something letting them know there are no hard feelings about not switching. I would never be offended if I was asked to switch but would feel guilty if I couldn't for whatever reason. Knowing it wasn't a big deal would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were asked to switch on board by the party in the other cabin. We were next to friends but once onboard, discovered there was a permanent divider between our balconies so no hope of opening. We were just going to live with it when the party on the other side of our friends asked if we'd be interested in switching because her daughter was on the other side of us. Absolutely!! We both went to guest services and were switched in 2 minutes.

The key to doing that is to make sure you are there when they arrive. If we had started any unpacking, we probably wouldn't have bothered.

On our last cruise, we were in between 2 couples and would have changed cabins, if we would have been asked.

But we had already unpacked before we knew about it

Edited by jonbgd

I have to admit that it would make me uneasy if Carnival called and asked me to change cabins so that someone could be next door to friends or family. I do choose my cabins very carefully and put a lot of thought into it and I would probably say no. It would then be in the back of my mind all during the cruise that someone out there knew that I chose not to change cabins with them.

OP says they are okay either way but the person in the cabin doesn't know if the person asking is truly happy with "no" and if they won't come knocking on the door during the cruise to express themselves. I just think it is better to make do with the cabins you have now and try to get cabins next to each other if they come available.

Upon arriving at the port, we found out we had been assigned to a different cabin. When we went to our new cabin, found out we had been upgraded to a real balcony one and not the obstructed one we thought we had. Now Princess puts your names outside the door of your cabin. Ours was not there so we asked the room stewardess if indeed this was our cabin. She said yes and we should have known better because our cards worked for that cabin...lol.

Anyways, we went down to see where our original cabin was. The new occupants had not arrived and our names were outside this cabin. We asked the room stewardess outside that cabin if she knew why there was a last minute change ( obviously last minute since our names were outside the cabin ) and she said that family members were next door and they wanted to be close together. So to accommodate them, Princess upgraded us.

... In this case, we were not asked but since it was an upgrade, Princess just did it.:)

Good that it did work out for you, however what if you or your cabin-mate needed to be in that cabin due to mobility issues (non-HC), battling to walk longer distances (and the upgrade was a longer walk to amenities), OR the new cabin was closer to the front of the ship and you suffer from sea-sickness. Just moving you is risky in its own right.

It's not like they're being asked to move to another side of the ship. It's just to the room next door, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Right! :D. Haven't heard back. I'm not overly optimistic, but will just wait and see. :)

Interesting scenario. One I never thought of.

OP, if Carnival won't call, or if they do and the person says no would you ask again onboard? There's no way to know if whoever has that cabin booked today won't cancel or upgrade and thus it could be a different person. But if it were still the same person, again no way to know, it might be awkward if you asked them after being told no.

Not sure how I would feel being asked, either by the cruiseline or in person by another guest. Depending on the situation I might say yes, I might say no, but either way it would make me feel a bit awkward. I usually carefully choose my rooms based on a number of factors important to me and while another room may physically be near there might be downsides to it and I'd say no. In calling Carnival if I was making a request like this I'd be prepared to pay a bit for OBC for the displaced party as an enticement for them to move ANdwant Carnival to relay that with the request

If I were the targeted person in this scenario, I would be more than just a little irritated and annoyed being asked more than once to switch cabins just because you and your friends are poor planners. And yes OP, you did imply that anyone who would not switch cabins was "not nice". Why don't you and your friends just go on your cruise, have fun and quit trying to concoct schemes to hassle other people. It's all very intrusive.