Complimentary Princess bag in room?

WillyBear

We were on the Crown for Valentine's day and received a blue one.

Gee, Pia, wish we too had been on as many cruises as you. We still covet ours and show them off at the grocery - sort of a status symbol!

The one I mostly use for groceries is from Lexus, followed by a larger one I got from Princess before they started using the bright blue ones. This one is Navy.

The one I mostly use for groceries is from Lexus, followed by a larger one I got from Princess before they started using the bright blue ones. This one is Navy.

Also, the bright blue ones are so generic! Housekeeping uses them for different things. I saw when someone had a medical issue ashore and their stuff had to be packed up, they used a bunch of those bright blue bags. And I won't use them on port calls, it's obvious enough I'm a tourist, I see no need to advertise it!

Also, the bright blue ones are so generic! Housekeeping uses them for different things. I saw when someone had a medical issue ashore and their stuff had to be packed up, they used a bunch of those bright blue bags. And I won't use them on port calls, it's obvious enough I'm a tourist, I see no need to advertise it!

I've never used one at any port. I carry a denim Princess bag that I received as a trivia prize many years ago. I also just got another one when we were in a suite in January. What a deal. Free cruise and a new bag. :D

On Caribbean Princess, January 2014 (the naughty Noro ship), my friends received bags, however our steward didn't feel the need to give us one!

I'm glad we were traveling with a small group. Otherwise, my friend and I would not have known that we needed to inform Princess that we needed accommodations due to our early return to Houston.

On Caribbean Princess, January 2014 (the naughty Noro ship), my friends received bags, however our steward didn't feel the need to give us one!

You've cruised enough to know your room steward would have given you one if you had ask. :)

Once, our room steward forgot to leave us any washcloths. It happens.

LuLu

~~~

Mike, does Lee take them home to use as grocery bags like many of the rest of us do?

LuLu

~~~~

She uses the for all sorts of things. My DD works for Kellogg's and they have nice, sturdy bags that are designed as grocery bags that she uses and prefers.

She uses the Princess bags on the ship for excursions-save her the trouble of packing one. She also uses them for light duty when home.

You've cruised enough to know your room steward would have given you one if you had ask. :)

Once, our room steward forgot to leave us any washcloths. It happens.

LuLu

~~~

On our first cruise, which was a B2B, on the first leg we got a bag and my wire was thrilled. So she snagged our steward and hit him up for a few more-I think she got another 3. Anyway, on the second leg, there was another bag...After that she just takes getting them in stride...

I have a Trader Joes and a few other assorted ones I use. The Princess one is still a stays thing here as it is winter, snowy and cold so showing that I have been on a cruise - somewhere warm, sporting a tan, works for me!

I've never used one at any port. I carry a denim Princess bag that I received as a trivia prize many years ago. I also just got another one when we were in a suite in January. What a deal. Free cruise and a new bag. :D

I purchased along our travels somewhere, a cloth bag that can carry tons of things. I too leave the Princess bag in the room and will carry the green cloth one so it stands out over all the other blue bags. It also reduces to about nothing and is weight free as well. Packs away easily!

Since our county no longer provides bags (free.....you can purchase a bag) in any store that sells food (not just grocery stores, but Target and Walmart too) I do collect any freebie bags I can. Then if they get icky I can just toss them. Glad to hear I'll be getting one on my Grand cruise in 2 weeks.

We got one for each leg of our B2B last month. My wife loves them.

My husband loves them, too. He also likes to carry them on excursions since he doesn't care if anyone knows he's a tourist. He'll watch out for other people with them to see how many Princess cruisers there are on shore. When more than one ship is docked, the blue bags are a giveaway. I got rid of a bunch recently when I loaded them up with donations to the Goodwill. Those handles come in handy.

My husband loves them, too. He also likes to carry them on excursions since he doesn't care if anyone knows he's a tourist. He'll watch out for other people with them to see how many Princess cruisers there are on shore. When more than one ship is docked, the blue bags are a giveaway. I got rid of a bunch recently when I loaded them up with donations to the Goodwill. Those handles come in handy.

I too like to look for other cruisers with the blue bags. It is also interesting to see what other lines do. Last November in Belize you couldn't miss the Carnival people decked out in their cheap plastic Carnival rain ponchos......

Have a huge collection of them. Don't know why I even bring them home.

On my Emerald Princess cruise during Valentines day, got just the blue bags.

By the way the HAL bags are awful. They are made of some sort of weird material. I bet they could melt in the sun. Those I throw away.

We were on the Crown for Valentine's day and received a blue one.

Gee, Pia, wish we too had been on as many cruises as you. We still covet ours and show them off at the grocery - sort of a status symbol!

Not only do we use ours for groceries as many have stated, but we put the grandkid tee-shirts in them, and they thought that was the best! I also have too many, so this was a great way to use them. Kids loved it! :)