Help!!! Airline lost luggage! Ship it to Roatan?

albertamom

Due to a missed connection, we barely made it to Tampa, but our luggage is in Houston. It won't get here in time to board the Dawn by 2:00. They say they'll ship it to our first port, which is Roatan. Has anyone experienced this before? Will it go smoothly????

No, never experienced this via cruising but yes via airplane losing luggage due to us almost missing our flights..The airline did deliver our bags the next day to the state we flew into it was a bit of a hassle but it worked out in the end so I am sure it will go ok..Try not to let this put a hamper on your vacation..Enjoy your cruise!!

The airline has lots of experience with this -- entire departments dedicated to getting lost luggage to their owners. I would assume it would be at Roatan as they say, and try not to sweat it too much. They wouldn't tell you they'd fly it to you at Roatan if it can't be flown there, so I'm not sure why others are questioning whether airlines fly there.

UPDATE: Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. It is United. They now say they are being delivered by ground to our Tampa hotel and should be here between 10:30 & 11:30. Even if it's a little later than that, we should still have plenty of time to get to the pier. We have all our fingers and toes crossed! Thanks again for your concern!!! :)

UPDATE: Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. It is United. They now say they are being delivered by ground to our Tampa hotel and should be here between 10:30 & 11:30. Even if it's a little later than that, we should still have plenty of time to get to the pier. We have all our fingers and toes crossed! Thanks again for your concern!!! :)

GREAT NEWS! Have a fantastic cruise!

Well that's a little added stress right before your vaca. Hopefully by this afternoon you will be on board, with your luggage, cocktail in hand sailing off into the sunset!! Take good care of the Dawn I'll be on her in June!!

Wonderful news :) Have a great cruise and don't worry about anything. :D

Have seen this happen way too many times to people and yes EVENTUALLY they get their luggage but sometimes NOT always at the first port, Just another reason why we fly in at the least the day before.....

Edited by Twiz

Have seen this happen way too many times to people and yes EVENTUALLY they get their luggage but sometimes NOT always at the first port, Just another reason why we fly in at the least the day before.....

Yes. We did fly in yesterday, but I am now a FIRM believer in arriving AT LEAST 2 days ahead, especially in the winter time. The Denver Tarmac was like a parking lot for planes. Crazy!!!

Oh no, like you didn't already have enough stress before this vacation. Glad they are able to get it to you before you board today.

The airlines lost our luggage on our trip at Christmas, then for our cruise, someone mistakenly took one of our bags. Luckily they never left the airport before realizing and came back with it.

If you are travelling with a partner or spouse, that's why it is always best to cross pack.

Wishing you a great cruise and no more worries or stress.

Air Canada once sent our luggage up to meet us in Ketchikan. They didn't put it on our flight from Toronto to Vancouver and then didn't follow through with sending it to the pier. We thought all was lost, but after a sea day in capris and sandals, as we were getting ready to find a place to buy jeans and hoodies, we saw it being unloaded from a van on the dock. The big tartan ribbons were noticed from our balcony. I now travel with "must haves" in my carry on.

Good luck to you. Hope you don't need to wait too long for it to arrive.

The airlines lost our luggage on our trip at Christmas, then for our cruise, someone mistakenly took one of our bags. Luckily they never left the airport before realizing and came back with it.

Happened to me at the end of a cruise in the YVR airport fortunately was

able to track the exchanging person with the bag they took for mine.

A lot of bags look alike and in the haste of travel people just grab and run

without checking to see that they have their own bag.

Good idea to attach colored ribbons or contrasting tape in a geometric design

to "Wait my bag does not have that design - that is not mine" helps to sort

out the similar large black bag with wheels and handle from the masses !

In the case of delayed lost exchanged baggage get hopping on the problem

right away to allow more time for recovery.

As for arriving a day in advance of the cruise enough can not be said or printed !

If bad weather is forecast take advantage or call the airline for a weather exemption

to travel another day in advance of the possible problem.

It may be a bit of a problem if the weather is not in your backyard but in the

vicinity of the cruise port - but you will not know unless you ask !!!

Insurance is a poor substitute for a cruise planned many months out - but it

is helpful in that you maybe get to try again under better circumstances.

No, never experienced this via cruising but yes via airplane losing luggage due to us almost missing our flights..The airline did deliver our bags the next day to the state we flew into it was a bit of a hassle but it worked out in the end so I am sure it will go ok..Try not to let this put a hamper on your vacation..Enjoy your cruise!!

that has happened to us several times. In fact, quite often when we fly here to NWA our connection isn't long enough. They are very good about getting our luggage to us within 24 hours.

Great news: nothing would be as bad as getting on a cruise ship with no luggage. We did fly to Hawaii one time, and our luggage stayed in Honolulu but we went on the Kona. Thank goodness our luggage missed us enough to show up at our hotel the next day. We do always carry one change of clothes with up in our carry on.

Edited by newmexicoNita

Therein is the reality of arriving a day ahead of the cruise and having that day

for your baggage to catch up to you.

-OR- at least not having an outside agency (airline) having anything to do with

your baggage on the day of cruise.

With the baggage in hand on the cruise day you can pack a change of cruise

casual clothes to wear in your carry on and have yourself covered if the

cruise line mishandles your checked baggage getting timely to your stateroom.

If you have packed something suspect in your baggage and have to go the

naughty room to retrieve it and don't realize this to later at least you will be

covered knowing it is somewhere on the ship.

Great news! So glad for you!!!

Airlines once lost my luggage but was a land vacation. They told me to wait or come back 3 hours later. Uh? No. I told them I expected it delivered to my hotel. And that is what they did.

Even though I always try, (can't always), fly into my embarkation port a day early... I always give a sigh of relief when I retrieve my bag from the carousel.

And goes without saying, I always have enough in my carry-on to get me through the first night.

Again, glad for you. Have a great cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk