should i try another cruise line ?

alspal2

I have sailed on 11 carnival cruises , i am wondering if i am missing something by not trying the other lines? I feel its the same thing every cruise, its getting old and always the same every cruise. 2 of the couples we go with want to stay on carnival , 1 reason is that i am platinum and shouldnt lose my perks. Dont really think the perks are a big deal. we just went on the dream they we ready to board before us with our so called perks lol. Myself and another couple think we should try another line , was thinking of the allure with royal. just wondering your thoughts if you have tried other lines....

I have sailed on 11 carnival cruises , i am wondering if i am missing something by not trying the other lines? I feel its the same thing every cruise, its getting old and always the same every cruise. 2 of the couples we go with want to stay on carnival , 1 reason is that i am platinum and shouldnt lose my perks. Dont really think the perks are a big deal. we just went on the dream they we ready to board before us with our so called perks lol. Myself and another couple think we should try another line , was thinking of the allure with royal. just wondering your thoughts if you have tried other lines....

Why not? You have absolutely NOTHING to lose....

We LOVE the Carnival Breeze, and we love what Carnival offers.

Never been on another line.....

We looked at the Allure, as we would love to do it, just for the ship. The itineraries are AWFUL, as there are few ports that can accommodate a ship that size.

But then when we looked at the price.... Over 5K for 3 of us, on an Oceanview balcony. ( We need the balcony :o ), vs $2800 on the Breeze....

We chose the Breeze.

We wouldn't climb the rock wall. We wouldn't ice skate. We wouldn't zip line. While the ship looks AMAZING, it doesn't look $2300 more amazing.

Maybe once Quantam comes out, prices will drop, and we can sail her.

Just can't see wasting the money, because we love what Carnival offers us.

Good luck to you, and let us know what you decide.:D

Have tried the Dream, Magic, Breeze and others on Carnival. The Allure was amazing and it's difficult to compare that to a Carnival cruise. The shows, specialty restaurants and variety on Royal Caribbean is so different than Carnival. We have booked the Quantum for next year and plan on going on the Oasis (sister to Allure) since we enjoyed the Allure so much. The Allure really does have a WOW factor you can't get on Carnival.

go for it. after our first two cruises on carnival I thought the same thing. we had two great cruises on the fantasy & the sensation. I thought as good as they were would it be possible the royal could be better. should I gamble and hope that it isn't as good. Well I did and I can say I am glad we did. royal had this wow factor that carnival didn't. if price is comparable we will sail royal if a big difference we will sail carnival.

Big-time Royal Caribbean fan here, but I will enjoy any cruise. I went from the huge Oasis and Allure (loved them!!) and was still able to enjoy the "tiny" Fantasy. But given my "druthers," it would be Royal Caribbean.

You don't have to climb the rock wall to appreciate what the Allure or Oasis has to offer. Just stroll through Central Park in the evening, watch the ice show and water show, etc. If most of your cruises have been in the Caribbean, you could have a fabulous time never even leaving the ship, which is what I do.:)

Happy sails, whatever you do.

Kathy

Alspal2,

You should try another line if for no other reason than to answer your own questions underlined above. ;)

We are ahead of you in number of Carnival cruises and thus far we are quite content with Carnival's offerings, but we have sailed other lines in the past so......

We're with you. We're on the Breeze this summer and we've never had a bad trip with Carnival, but we are definitely ready to try something new. The value for the experience can't be beat, but we want to check out what else is out there so our next cruise after this will most likely be with Royal Caribbean or NCL. We like the cruise experience enough that I'm sure we'll have a good trip, but we just want to have some new options.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

I say go completely different and either go with Celebrity or Princess or something small like Holland America. IMHO NCL, RC, CCL, are all about the same. Unless you are looking for the HUGE boat with the ice rinks and movie theaters then I say go with RC.

We like to "sleep around" and have enjoyed cruising on many of the mass market cruise lines over the years.

Princess is our favorite so we have lots of perks ... but that doesn't keep us from cruising on others where we don't.

Allure OTS is a destination in herself. We enjoyed cruising on her very much.

You'll never really know, until you try Allure for yourself. :)

LuLu

~~~

I agree with people that say, "If you can afford it, try something new." We've cruised on several cruise lines but stick with Carnival or NCL because of the price. I'd rather sail twice a year than sail only once because of the price of the cruises. Now that the DS is older (18), we don't have to worry so much about kid's clubs and all the bells and whistles in order to keep him entertained. Now, he's happy to take a friend and hang out with kids his age all over the ship.

If you want to try something different, and you can afford it, I say, "Go for it!"

Whatever you decide, I hope all your cruises are awesome fun!:D

Of course you should! Don't limit yourself -- have fun and try lots of lines -- that way you can decide what you enjoy about each cruiseline.

I have sailed on 11 carnival cruises , i am wondering if i am missing something by not trying the other lines? I feel its the same thing every cruise, its getting old and always the same every cruise.

I was Carnivaled out after 4 in a row...so glad I choose Princess for a few times to break up the experience...now going to try Royal again next year (will buy FCCs for Celebrity while onboard so I can give them a try down the road).

You won't regret it. I will always miss my Guy burgers on any future cruise...but having the different menus, entertainment, ships/decor is refreshing.

John in NC

I kinda think the mainstream lines-RCL, NCL, Princess & Carnival are more similar than different. With that said, I am interested in trying one of the more luxurious lines, like Oceania or Regent. What keeps me coming back to Carnival is the casual dress code.

Variety is the spice of life. I have been on 3 brands now. Going on the 4th next year. If you can afford it, go for it. We are trying a suite on Norwegian next year just to see how their perks are.

The suite perks are awesome on NCL!

Our current favorite is Celebrity. We have gotten fabulous prices that include their beverage packages and longer cruises on some of the prettiest ships at sea. We've sailed NCL, RCL, and HAL also but Celebrity fits our current lifestyle the most. That's not to say we won't ever sail Carnival because we will but even though we're now Diamond, I don't really have a strong desire to book anything. Variety is the spice of life! :)

We, too, want to try a different line but are limited to mostly summer cruising. We like Caribbean cruises so we are limited as there are only a few options for summer Caribbean cruises. Although we would also love an Alaskan or Mediterranean cruise, getting to/from those ports is cost prohibitive right now. So, we might give RCCL a try when we can and will definitely keep cruising with Carnival - at least until DH retires from teaching and we are no longer limited to summers. :)

We have 2 NCL, 1 CCL and 1 RCI with another NCL booked for next year. I like NCL for their suites but enjoyed our CCL and RCI cruises also. Planning another CCL for 2016. There are good things about all of them. Never met a cruise I didn't like. We like variety so will probably try them all at some time in the future. If you are happy where you are that is ok too. I like the variety of ships, cabins and ports that multiple lines give us.

We have done 8 Carnival cruises in a row since 2001 and were contemplating going on Princess again this year to break it up.

But when Carnival offers you a free cabin, it's hard to pass up (booked on Caenival agin for June)

Edited by LuckyZ

We have done 8 Carnival cruises in a row since 2001 and were contemplating going on Princess again this year to break it up.

But when Carnival offers you a free cabin, it's hard to pass up (booked on Caenival agin for June)

You are "one of those," huh, Lucky? Good for you. Enjoy! The name certainly fits, doesn't it?

Kathy

Have done about 20 in a row on CCL and while we always have a great time rather bored by entertainment and with playlist worse than bored.

Next month doing our first on Princess and think we will try RCCL again right after that to determine what we will be doing in the future.

Definitely try other cruise lines! We have sailed Carnival, Royal, and Norwegian, and while Carnival tends to be our favorite, we have also really enjoyed the other cruise lines. We have never tried one of the Royal mega ships, as they are always soooo expensive. Royal has beautiful ships, the Promenade, ice skating shows, rock walls, etc. We have only sailed on one Norwegian, and if you put a heavy emphasis on food while you cruise; NCL is all about FOOD with 12+ dining options (of course, many are pay extra).

Personally, I wold like to try other lines more often, but Carnival is typical less expensive. And since we love Carnival's kids program, waterworks, food options, and Punchliners Comedy Club we tend to go with the Carnival bargain. We try to get our "variety fix" though the ports of call. As many times as we have been to the same ports, we have never done the same thing twice! (Now, this will not be true come June, as we are taking the kids back to the Atlantis waterpark).

Carnival is fine but as you mentioned pretty much the same on every cruise. You will notice differences on other lines. Some have better entertainment, others better activities, and everyone has an opinion about comparing food. IMO Princess and Celebrity are the upscale mid-range lines. I don't think you'd regret trying something new.