New P&O booking incentive

davecttr

Well the extra on board credit offer for bookings made before the end of February is over so what has replaced it?

Marks and Spencer vouchers!.

I have just booked a cruise for next christmas and got £60 obc plus £120 of M&S vouchers.

Add my £60 shareholder benefit and it adds up to a welcome £240 'discount' :)

Well the extra on board credit offer for bookings made before the end of February is over so what has replaced it?

Marks and Spencer vouchers!.

I have just booked a cruise for next christmas and got £60 obc plus £120 of M&S vouchers.

Add my £60 shareholder benefit and it adds up to a welcome £240 'discount' :)

No good giving me these now I have already got 4 booked. How many do they want me to book? ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

No good giving me these now I have already got 4 booked. How many do they want me to book? ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well the TA was happy to hear that I will be looking to book a round the world segment for winter 2015. Plus of course 2 summer cruises for 2015 for which I might well try Princess/RCI/NCL

Why dont they stop offering these silly offers and just reduce price of cruises I wouldnt know what to do with M&S vouchers never go in there.

Presumably because there are bookings made with Vantage fares that they would have to honour with OBC if they dropped the price. You can bet they won't be automatically giving the M&S vouchers to those Vantage bookings.

Presumably because there are bookings made with Vantage fares that they would have to honour with OBC if they dropped the price. You can bet they won't be automatically giving the M&S vouchers to those Vantage bookings.

These bookings are for select prices which have replaced vantage so the price promise does not apply. Just checked 2 cruises I booked last month and the OBC offer last month for each is better than the M&S voucher offer although both offers are quite generous.

Hi,

I tried yesterday many times to book a cruise on the P & O website but the site was not working properly. I could not get past the first screen and the message "there are no offers for this cruise" kept appearing. This was obviously incorrect as the second screen normally shows the option of coach etc. I assume that the website was being updated with offers beginning today.

I rang P & O this morning to explain the situation and the booking clerk confirmed that the site had not been working correctly yesterday and she had received e mails confirming this.

She would have been happy to take my booking but explained that I would need to take todays offer which made me £100.00 worse off!!

Despite checking with her Team Leader I was told todays offer is all we can give you.

I think this is poor customer service when the fault was with P & Os own systems.

Needless to say an e mail has been sent to customer relations, copied to David Dingle.

I do not expect to get a positive response but felt I had been treated unfairly.

Both offers are generous but like some I wish the price of the cruise would drop instead of giving booking incentives.

Hi,

I tried yesterday many times to book a cruise on the P & O website but the site was not working properly. I could not get past the first screen and the message "there are no offers for this cruise" kept appearing. This was obviously incorrect as the second screen normally shows the option of coach etc. I assume that the website was being updated with offers beginning today.

I rang P & O this morning to explain the situation and the booking clerk confirmed that the site had not been working correctly yesterday and she had received e mails confirming this.

She would have been happy to take my booking but explained that I would need to take todays offer which made me £100.00 worse off!!

Despite checking with her Team Leader I was told todays offer is all we can give you.

I think this is poor customer service when the fault was with P & Os own systems.

Needless to say an e mail has been sent to customer relations, copied to David Dingle.

I do not expect to get a positive response but felt I had been treated unfairly.

Both offers are generous but like some I wish the price of the cruise would drop instead of giving booking incentives.

Hi could I possibly ask what the offer was yesterday, and what the offer is today.

the OBS finished end of Feb, and the m and s vouchers started beginning of march.

Was it the actual cruise cost itself that went up?

Hi could I possibly ask what the offer was yesterday, and what the offer is today.

the OBS finished end of Feb, and the m and s vouchers started beginning of march.

Was it the actual cruise cost itself that went up?

I think that "Patsy Flower" was referring to the on-board spend that was supposed to end 28th Feb but was then extended on their website until Monday 3rd March but then disappeared from their website on Sunday 2nd - therefore the difference between the obs and the vouchers. The vouchers are not quite as good as the obs was. If you can understand any of that, cos i'm confused.

Yes, the price of the cruise remained the same but it was the difference between the OBS and the M & S vouchers.

I did not see why I should lose out because the P & O website was not working correctly.

Despite e mailing Customer Relations and also receiving the standard response from the CEO that the team "were looking into it" I have not even had the decency of a phone call or an e mail.

Even if this could be now be resolved my cabin choice may not be available.

I think P & O really need to improve their level of customer service to their loyal customers and also to any new customers.

It doesn't fill me with confidence.

To give an example of my recent booking made on board the last ill-fated Oriana cruise last month (February 2014), my next cruise which will be to the Mediteraneum and includes: -

2 x £70 'standard' OBS

2 x £100 'pre 28th February offer' OBS

2 x £50 'booking on board' OBS

Making a grand total of £440 OBS.

If I booked it now I would receive: -

2 x £70 'standard' OBS

1 x £160 M&S voucher

Making a grand total of £300 'discount'

So I'm £140 better off by booking pre-28/02/2014 :)

If you book with a travel agent other than P&O if the prices change .. As in a full price ( vantage ? With a names cabin?), can you still take advantage or be given more OBC if it changed ? X thanks .. I booked a428a on azura to Caribbean 31 oct. 14

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you book with a travel agent other than P&O if the prices change .. As in a full price ( vantage ? With a names cabin?), can you still take advantage or be given more OBC if it changed ? X thanks .. I booked a428a on azura to Caribbean 31 oct. 14

Anything like this you would have to get your TA to speak to P and O , and it would be how good are they at getting things sorted.

Me thinks after the OBS malarkey, and M and S vouchers ,they may just stick to prices, rather than all the flowers round the side.

Anything like this you would have to get your TA to speak to P and O , and it would be how good are they at getting things sorted.

Me thinks after the OBS malarkey, and M and S vouchers ,they may just stick to prices, rather than all the flowers round the side.

Thank you ... I have £150 OBC & £400 m&s between the two of us with a balcony at

Moment .

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, the price of the cruise remained the same but it was the difference between the OBS and the M & S vouchers.

I did not see why I should lose out because the P & O website was not working correctly.

Despite e mailing Customer Relations and also receiving the standard response from the CEO that the team "were looking into it" I have not even had the decency of a phone call or an e mail.

Even if this could be now be resolved my cabin choice may not be available.

I think P & O really need to improve their level of customer service to their loyal customers and also to any new

It doesn't fill me with confidence.

Hi did you manage to get it sorted. The same thing happened to my parents that weekend.the travel agent was trying to change there booking over to the following week. And the obc was really good. By the time she managed to change the cruise they lost out on obc, ended up with m&s vouchers plus had to ay £100 to change holiday . In the end they were worse off by about £300. But today the fares back on you recieve obc plus more obc or m&s vouchers.

They are on a select booking . Which now is being sold as a saver cruise £1000 cheaper.