ONLY for those who have TRIED IT

Nothing real new to add....

Allure in 1/2014. We ordered twice. Mostly as a wake up call before port. Ate on the balcony while watching the ship pull in....and then got dressed and ready to go eat a real breakfast :)

I love having coffee on my balcony when I wake up so this is a perfect way to do it without having to get dressed and out and about.

The food is lukewarm, and I have been successful writing in extra requests. We normally do not order the eggs because they're cold and we'll get them later. We do ask for hash browns or potatoes, bacon, and then some pastry. We have also asked for a breakfast sandwich which includes egg and that is fine.

Before Allure, We were also successful every time on Mariner in 11/2012 and Liberty 2/2012.

I've never not been successful in ordering room service when placing my card on the door the night before...and sometimes I have filled it out as late as 2am.

But--do go in with the correct expectation that the food is not piping hot or even all that good. When we were on the Allure we also would run to Park Cafe (deck 8, same deck as our OV balcony), grabbed a bagel and coffee and enjoyed on our balcony. Sometimes that is nice too.

We have used the cards on just about every cruise we have taken, normally on port days with early arrival times so we can eat while getting ready.

Yes, they do call before hand and usually towards the earlier time in the window you select. Of course the time you go a little later they call late!!

Agree with the others have never had any issues getting our orders correct, but don't go for a lot of crazy stuff. Would definitely do it again.

Sorry to come back but my DH has just reminded me of our very first cruise which was on Grandeur - we didn't have a clue about how you went about things and after a few cocktails on Formal night (Hic !) I said that the next day was a sea day so lets order Breakfast - well I don't remember doing it but I ordered 2 of everything.

so the knock on the cabin door comes - and I open it and plate after plate of stuff is brought it - 2 fruit plates - 2 cereals - 2 yogurts - 2 plates of pastries - 2 portions of toast - a pot of coffee - a pot of hot water for tea - 2 cartons of milk - 2 plates of scrambled eggs !!!

I didn't know where to start ! - - tipped the room service steward nicely and started on the toast - you wouldn't believe it they had brought no knives spoons or forks !!- had to call room service again ...aghhh !

We had a good laugh and My husband blamed the drink and I blamed him ! ha ha

To us a cruise is not a cruise if you don't do at least once on the vacation.

We do but with varying success. Unfortunately you order as a cabin, and with three of us it sometimes means shuffling food around, eg DD wants egg and sausage, I want egg sausage and tomato, DH wants egg and bacon, we get three plates but may get one plate may have egg, sausage, bacon and tomato because you just order quantity wanted. I know you could probably write on the side but we are capable of dealing with it:)

Not an issue for us as easy enough to switch food around, but I could possibly see as an issue if traveling with a vegetarian and unaware of how it is delivered.

Sometimes warm, sometimes not so good.

Delivery depends on if at sea or in a port where lots of excursions are popular. If at sea people more relaxed about breakfast, if in port but one of those ports most people do themselves, again not a rush so people not as demanding. However if in major port eg ST Petersburg as an example, where everyone getting off at roughly the same time and worried WJ may be full see a lot more room service breakfasts, crew trying to keep up, add ons/ special requests sometimes more likely to be overlooked, and food likely to be not as hot as food waiting for someone to get it to you due to backlog. Remember they have a LOT of distance to get to you!

We do more for the relaxation rather than the quality of food.

Just bear in mind if you order cereal make sure you order milk separate, DH didn't put milk on as assumed it would come with the cereal had to ring down for some as they said we hadn't ordered - not sure how many people like dry cereal:D

For those of you that have tried to get breakfast delivered to your cabin with use of the in-room room service breakfast card...

Did you succeed (and on what ship)?

Every time (and on what ship)?

How did you do it(and on what ship)?

Epic fail(and on what ship)?

I've heard it can be done...but not dependable. I am taking my 74-year old mom on a cruise in a few days and would love to surprise her with poached eggs on wheat toast. :cool:

Yes, Voyager of the Seas.

Yes, Voyager of the Seas

I selected the items I wanted and put it out on my door knob before the cutoff time printed on the card (11pm I believe). I then received a call to my room 15 minutes before my breakfast arrived the next morning. I opened the door, took my breakfast, and enjoyed a relaxing meal and pot of coffee while getting ready. I tipped $2. Voyager of the Seas.

I spilled some coffee one morning. Voyager of the Seas.

Caveat:

I never got the hot food, only the continental breakfast each time, but it was always good, and the coffee was always fresh.

For those of you that have tried to get breakfast delivered to your cabin with use of the in-room room service breakfast card...

I've heard it can be done...but not dependable. I am taking my 74-year old mom on a cruise in a few days and would love to surprise her with poached eggs on wheat toast. :cool:

We've ordered room service breakfast on every port day on every ship we've sailed on - we used the card put out on the door the night before - never experienced a failure.

Even on sea days we often order just coffee and juice to consume while we get ready. :)We kind of see room service as a delightful alarm clock.

On the Oasis we were in a JS..don't think that made a difference though on the card. We used the card every evening..(I did worry about someone changing it or taking it but that never happened)..whether it was for just coffee & pastries or for a full meal..I did write items in on the card...one day ordered lox & bagels and got it with no problem. We did not order eggs...Our usual thing ..prior to getting showered & going out was a carafe of coffee, bacon (extra), fresh fruit, yogurt and pastries..sometimes just the coffee and fruit. It was always on time, always fresh, coffee was always hot..and it was actually good....bacon was not hot..but it wasn't cold either. Every morning they would call us about 10 mins prior to delivery. We thought it worked out great. AND in the middle of the week..room service sent us chocolate covered strawberries and other fruits and tiny pastries....with a note of thanks...very nice.

We did on Navigator of the Seas. We filled out the card and hung it on the door each night. We were in an aft balcony, not a suite. It always came as ordered and on time every single morning of our cruise. We ordered the fruit plate, some juice, pastries, and milk. All to tide over our little one before we all got down to the WJ for breakfast.

We have used it on the Allure, Oasis and Freedom and each time it has worked out just fine. Always has been on or around the right time, but keep in mind, it is quite limited. If you need a copy of the menu, let me know. I always take a couple extra tags and start hanging them on the kids bedroom doors a couple of weeks before we go to get the psyched :)

Yes we succeeded on the Navigator and the Serenade

Yes(on both ships) but this question seems a bit vague sorry.

We ordered it via the TV.

N/A

Yes, we have succeeded in ordering breakfast. In fact, I didn't know it was a "hit or miss" thing. Admittedly, we've only done it a few times; we prefer the buffet for breakfast -- no waiting, no sitting with strangers, and we pick both the items and the quantity that we want. Also no question about what to do with the dirty dishes in our room. Room service is not a favorite of ours.

On both Mariner and Liberty.

When? I couldn't give you dates.

Do you mean has anyone succeeded in writing in something special that isn't on the normal door hang? Otherwise I guess its new to me that people have so much trouble.

[quote name='Raenstoirm']We had a package, so we had a special card to put out, but it is roughly the same thing (we just got free morning alcohol included). No issues what-so-ever on the Grandeur las spring.

[IMG]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff1/Raenstoirm/Day9-SeaDayTwo015_zps6aec165f.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Hey Raendtoirm, what package was that? I am more than willing to pay for a special breakfast for room service?