Do you guys like Enchantment?

We sailed the Enchantment from Baltimore -New England & Canada 10 days... and would sail her again in a heartbeat. :)

We loved her and although it was full it never felt too crowded. We enjoyed traditional seating for dinner -the food was good and so was the service both in the dining room, room service and with the cabin stewards. We didn't use things like the rock wall but it looked like folks who did were enjoying themselves.

Our only suggestion would be not to book a JS cabin directly under the Solarium. Service carts roll over the tiled floor above frequently through the night. Very noisy.

The first night will be the welcome aboard show, which will include a short entertainment act (comedy, musician, etc). The next night was a magician act and the third night (we just did the 3 day) was a broadway style, Stage to Screen, using songs from musicals that had also been made into movies (Chicago, Little House of Horrors, West Side Story, etc).

The late night comedy show was the only show not held in the theater. It was in the Spotlight Lounge (where they also have karaoke).

For late evening entertainment, there is the 70's disco inferno on night around 10:30 and there is a poolside dance party/buffet one night around 11:00. One night there will be the Love and Marriage game show in the theater. It is hilarious. Also, if you don't know about Quest yet, you should go. You sound like the type of person who would enjoy it. On our cruise it followed the late night comedy in the lounge. That's all I can say about that. You just need to go.

Yes, I really want to go to the quest. And the silent party! Do they have a white party like NCL? I saw that in a TR and it seemed fun.

Yes, I really want to go to the quest. And the silent party! Do they have a white party like NCL? I saw that in a TR and it seemed fun.

I don't recall a white party on Enchantment.

Hi! I think you will enjoy a cruise on her! We just returned and I've started a review with photos here in CC.

One of your specific questions:

Rock wall and trampoline: We noticed that if you got there just prior 10 minutes or so, to the opening hours that we were the first of only a few folks (maybe 6-8 people) waiting. Even when things get going, we never saw more than 10-12 waiting. They do a good a job of moving things along. The opening times are listed in the Cruise Compasses...all of which I will post in my review over the next week. Its usually 9-11:30 and then 1- 4 ish on a sea day and just the afternoons on port days.

I was pleasantly surprised with Enchantment. I had heard the "stretch" made her more crowded and I didn't find that to be true. There was was more room to move through the Centrum and shops than on the Radiance or Vision Class ships. I thought the furnishings were very modern looking (curtains, rugs, chairs etc) I liked the "oasisized" features, such as a true Park Cafe in the Solarium and the way finder computers on the walls. Of all the pre -Voyager style ships, I felt Enchantment had the most amenities and things to do. I felt the 2 production shows were good, better than similar ones on other older Royal Ships.

I don't think you'd be sorry! You will enjoy this ship!!

I don't recall a white party on Enchantment.

I don't see it on the Compasses either, but they did have a cool "silent" party on Day 2 of the 4 night in the Viking Crown Lounge...get there early to get the head phones or just go up for a drink to watch everyone dancing and singing without any "music".

As you can see in my signature, I'm sailing on the Enchantment OTS in five months. Is this a nice ship? I understand that it is older (actually older than my first cruise, Carnival Paradise) but is it kept up well? How long are the waits for the rock climbing walls/trampolines? Also, how are crowds? We found the Paradise to be quite crowded? All in all, how is RCCL compared to CCL?

Thanks!

We have cruised on Enchantment twice, once in 2001 and again in 2013. Our experience in October, 2013, was that we found less noticeable crowding than we did on Freedom in December, 2013. My one caveat would be to consider having lunch on embarkation day in the Park Café in the Solarium - the Windjammer seems to be at its worst while all the early boarders are waiting to get into their cabins. We thoroughly enjoyed Enchantment and expect you will too.

I think the crowding factor on Enchantment depends on how full the ship is obviously as well. We were aboard her during March Break last year so needless to say it was a full complement, with many staterooms being at capacity - this leads to a LOT of extra people. Like I said, having sailed one of her non-stretched sisters there was a *dramatic* difference when you compared them side by side, and our cruise on Grandeur in December was also at near full capacity.

The windjammer on Enchantment was ALWAYS a meleee - we almost dreaded going there towards the end of the cruise as even just getting your food was a pain in the butt due to the fact it was almost shoulder to shoulder in the actual serving areas.

A little secret for those who haven't' sailed her before - use the alternate seating areas outside of the Windjammer - just outside it's main entrance doors on both the Starboard and Port sides there are eating areas - one inside, and one outside. Both are WAY better options than staying in the Windjammer itself and fighting for tables.

The outside area is weather dependent obviously, but the extra INSIDE seating area (starboard side, IIRC) was frequently VERY quiet as I think many people didn't even realize it existed, although in the final few days of the cruise it was getting full as well as people discovered it.

This seems great! It five months away though....but I'm enjoying all of the TRs on CC!!! Any suguesstions for where to stay before the cruise? We need free breakfast. We are leaning torwards Residence Inn, but they charge for parking.

Hi! I think you will enjoy a cruise on her! We just returned and I've started a review with photos here in CC.

One of your specific questions:

Rock wall and trampoline: We noticed that if you got there just prior 10 minutes or so, to the opening hours that we were the first of only a few folks (maybe 6-8 people) waiting. Even when things get going, we never saw more than 10-12 waiting. They do a good a job of moving things along. The opening times are listed in the Cruise Compasses...all of which I will post in my review over the next week. Its usually 9-11:30 and then 1- 4 ish on a sea day and just the afternoons on port days.

I was pleasantly surprised with Enchantment. I had heard the "stretch" made her more crowded and I didn't find that to be true. There was was more room to move through the Centrum and shops than on the Radiance or Vision Class ships. I thought the furnishings were very modern looking (curtains, rugs, chairs etc) I liked the "oasisized" features, such as a true Park Cafe in the Solarium and the way finder computers on the walls. Of all the pre -Voyager style ships, I felt Enchantment had the most amenities and things to do. I felt the 2 production shows were good, better than similar ones on other older Royal Ships.

I don't think you'd be sorry! You will enjoy this ship!!

What do you man by an actual Park Cafe? I have seen picture of the one on Legend, and it looks like a bar. Is the one on the EOTS different?

This seems great! It five months away though....but I'm enjoying all of the TRs on CC!!! Any suguesstions for where to stay before the cruise? We need free breakfast. We are leaning torwards Residence Inn, but they charge for parking.

Country Inn & Suites is another option near the port.

Country Inn & Suites is another option near the port.

Would you recomemnned that or the Residence Inn. Also, we don't need to be super close to the port because we are going to use Park n Cruise.

Would you recomemnned that or the Residence Inn. Also, we don't need to be super close to the port because we are going to use Park n Cruise.

We've stayed at the Residence Inn a number of times and like it, but never stayed at the Country Inn & Suites. Country Inn does seem to get good reports. Check the Florida Departures board for more info:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

To avoid any theater crowding, sign up for second seating dinner service. We did this and never had any problem finding a seat in the theater even at the last minute. From what other folks have said, the seating issue occurred for the early dining crowd.

Enchantment is a lovely ship, and we didn't feel crowded anywhere but the windjammer on the first day. I wish it were still in Baltimore! Enjoy your cruise!

We have stayed at the Residence Inn twice and I do not recall a parking fee. The last time was October 2013. Maybe things have changed? I thought they only charged parking if you were doing a "Stay and Cruise" package, leaving your car at the hotel for the duration of the cruise. And frankly, any hotel would charge you in that case. I could be mistaken, but you might want to check into it further. We have always been very pleased with the Residence Inn.

We have stayed at the Residence Inn twice and I do not recall a parking fee. The last time was October 2013. Maybe things have changed? I thought they only charged parking if you were doing a "Stay and Cruise" package, leaving your car at the hotel for the duration of the cruise. And frankly, any hotel would charge you in that case. I could be mistaken, but you might want to check into it further. We have always been very pleased with the Residence Inn.

Great to hear! When is Freedom in port, I want to watch sail away from Fishlips.

With the Park Cafe in the Solarium area, do they allow kids to eat there? We have loved the Park cafe on the Oasis class ships and we will have our little one with us for this upcoming weekend cruise.

I dont know. I never saw any kids on there at all. So I dont think so. I saw a women bring in her kids but they were going to the pool and they asked her to leave.

With the Park Cafe in the Solarium area, do they allow kids to eat there? We have loved the Park cafe on the Oasis class ships and we will have our little one with us for this upcoming weekend cruise.

Yes. But one post said an actual Park Cafe, and I'm not sure what it means.

Edited by kwazi07

We are staying at the Fairfield Inn in Titusville. Less than an hour from port. $100 a night. New hotel. And they are partnered with the port, so with your stay you get a 40% off coupon to park at the cruise terminal. Makes it almost the same price as the off site parking options. Just another option...

Edited by SMN73

Oh yay! I was super stoked when someone mentioned this deal on these forums. We are using our Marriott points when we go in May. So a free room and 40% of parking is a steal of a deal. The lady I spoke with said it's very popular so it will be an ongoing thing. Glad you could take advantage of it!

We've sailed on the Enchantment twice and loved both cruises. I have a trip report with lots of pictures ... check out my signature below.

Children are allowed at Park Cafe. My 10-year-old daughter and I ate lunch there one day. It was delicious. Try the 3-cheese panini. On the Enchantment, Park Cafe is in the Solarium. It is like a counter restaurant. It is not a separate, defined restaurant like on the Allure.

We've stayed at Country Inn & Suites near the port and really liked it. Very clean and comfortable with free shuttle and breakfast. Plus they have these cool family rooms with separate bunk-bed areas for the kids.

Hope that helps! Have a great cruise.

Yes. But one post said an actual Park Cafe, and I'm not sure what it means.

I did not make the post you are referring to, but I might be able to give a little insight. We have been to the Park Cafe on both Serenade and Enchantment. On Serenade, it seemed squeezed into the Solarium, with only about 6 tables (2 tops) to eat at. People often used the lounge chairs by the pool in the Solarium to eat, leaving dishes beside/underneath the chairs. The pool attendants took care of this fairly well, but it was awkward trying to eat a salad or sandwich and drink without having a table to put your plate on. It also took lounge chairs away from guests who truly wanted to lay out by the pool. Because Enchantment is a smaller ship, I was expecting something similar because Park Cafe was added during a dry dock, I figured it was squeezed into an area not originally intended to be a restaurant. Wrong! There was plenty of seating throughout the Solarium with both 2 top and 4 top tables. I was very impressed. The "dining" area seemed well separated from the "pool" area.

As far as kids in Park Cafe, I did see a few kids, but they were not causing problems and it did not bother me personally. They were not near the pool area, simply in line with their parents or sitting and eating at the tables. I did not witness any staff asking them to leave. I have asked on these boards before and according to CC folks, protocol is to allow your kids to get a plate of food/drink and then have them take it out to the regular pool deck to eat. The other option is to have a parent get food for the kids and take it out to them. On our next Enchantment cruise, I will have my 5 children with me, ages 10-3. I most likely will not allow the 3 or 4 year old into Park Cafe (I will get food for them if they want something), but I would allow my 7, 9, and 10 year olds to come with me or my husband to get a plate of food and then eat out on the main deck. I am not going to try to manage 7 plates of food/drinks between me and my husband or go back and stand in line 3 times. My kids will also be given a serious talk about behavior in the adult area. If they are asked to leave by a crew member we will comply.