Jewel Family Oceanview 5 adults + 1 child

My sister is planning a cruise with her family, looking to take advantage of this "kids cruise free" promo. She has a reservation for an oceanview family cabin on Jewel, number 8500. There will be 4 adults, a teenager and an 11 year old in the cabin. She is worried that the space will be too tight and that by the end of the week they will be going crazy from the excessive togetherness. Anybody who has cruised on a family oceanview, on Jewel or any other ship, can you provide some feedback?

That will be very tight! 2people in the bed, two on a pull out couch, and two in smallish bunk beds. Also, only one bathroom. I have done it with 6, 3 adult and 3 kids. We go for adjoining now if we can. You have to really like the people and schedule showers/dressing etc.

Good luck!

Have you checked to see if this promotion (not actually "kids sail free" but rather 3/4th passenger free except for port fees and taxes) applies to a family cabin? In any event, I don't see anyone being particularly comfortable and six adults/almost adults with one bathroom would be a nightmare IMO.

I've tried to get pics and more info about Radiance #8500...Some of our family was just able to change from two connecting OV's to this FOV (for the same price :D for our May Alaska) but there will only be 3 adults (DS, DD, DSIL and a 17 month old)...I think they will have plenty of room...but any more and it might be tight...We have done the RFS ( 2 bedrms & 2 bathrms) on Indy & Liberty with 6 adults and it was ok..the next cruise we opted for 3 cabins. Hope someone comes along with some pics I've had no luck getting them so far.

Have you checked to see if this promotion (not actually "kids sail free" but rather 3/4th passenger free except for port fees and taxes) applies to a family cabin? In any event, I don't see anyone being particularly comfortable and six adults/almost adults with one bathroom would be a nightmare IMO.

It applies to everyone after the first and second passengers................as many as there are, as long as the promotion is still available. (it is a 'limited capacity' promo, meaning that they will run out of "free" slots)

Oh, and I wouldn't do it, either! :eek:

Edited by Merion_Mom

If the ship is identical to Radiance and you decide to keep the family ocean view see if you can swap to 8502. The cabin is a lot larger than 8500 and has a 3 areas in the cabin. A room (twice the size of the one in 8500) that has a single bed and pull down it doesn't have a doer but a curtain. The main bedroom is separated from the living area by the tv unit. The living area has a sofa that converts to a double bed and two single arm chairs. The room is massive but you would still only have one bathroom. It is only a couple of floors under the gym so member of your family could shower up there. On radiance we checked out all the family cabins on deck 8 and I couldn't believe the size difference between the, despite them all looking identical on the deck plan. We cruised for 10 nights with 3 adults, 1 teenager, 10 year old and 7 year old with no probs. we are going on the ship again for 18 nights from Hawaii to Sydney and have booked th same cabin.

I have previously posted pictures of my cabin if you want to look at my posts.

It applies to everyone after the first and second passengers................as many as there are, as long as the promotion is still available. (it is a 'limited capacity' promo, meaning that they will run out of "free" slots)

Oh, and I wouldn't do it, either! :eek:

Thanks for the correction. That would be a good deal to pay for two and get four free (guess in a RFS you could get six free). Regardless, never in a million years would I do it.

Thank you for your responses. She was offered the Royal Family Suite but for an additional $2000. This made it prohibitive. And wIth the prices being so high right now she cannot afford to do 2 cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums