Heating pad??

nickiefriend

Since I cant search, does anyone know if a heating pad will be allowed? I use one nightly for back pain and would love to be able to on the cruise, but I also don't want to break the rules or get it confiscated.

Thanks

Heating pads are not permitted.

Ohhh well. I was also thinking about taking mine with me next week because my back has been acting up. Guess I'll just have to make do with the hot tubs :D

Could you use a medicated spray or roll-on that heats up? Maybe it would help you get to sleep.

Could you use a medicated spray or roll-on that heats up? Maybe it would help you get to sleep.

Yeah! I have something similar to Icy Hot patches (but not Icy Hot. Salonpas or something like that) and they work pretty well. :)

I have taken a heating pad on cruises before and not had a problem. I have one that shuts itself off after an hour. I know on Royal Caribbean they allow them as long as they have the auto shut off feature. I have taken this one on Carnival also.

I would not take one without the auto shut off as it's easy to fall asleep with it on.

BTW I don't try to sneak it on. It is packed on the very top of my carry on bag.

Edited by dixieva

I just sailed in February and took one on the Sunshine. It had auto shut off, but no one ever looked at it. It was in my carry on. They even brought me an extension cord to use for it. No problems.

Took ours along last month on the Victory with no issues. May I suggest a prescription patch with Lidocaine if you can get those from your doctor. I used these patches for frozen shoulder and they worked wonders. A combination of these patches and the hot tubs and you will be fine throughout the cruise.

Here's the thing..

It is clearly posted on Carnival's website that heating pads are not permitted and can be confiscated BUT

if your cabin steward sees the heating pad, reports it, the heating pad gets taken, guess who loses? The cabin steward who can kiss their wages goodbye for the week.

Before anyone complains that Carnival should still enforce the rules, why don't passengers just follow them?

Thanks for all of the replies. I will be leaving it at home and hope that the hot tubs do the job. I do have Salon Pas too so hopefully that will take care of it.

If not, I might just try the cheers program :D

Those Thermacare heat patches might work for you as well if you haven't tried them it might be worth a shot to see if they could replace your heating pad.

Since I cant search, does anyone know if a heating pad will be allowed? I use one nightly for back pain and would love to be able to on the cruise, but I also don't want to break the rules or get it confiscated.

Thanks

Try the hot tub instead. Very therapeutic for back pain.

Here's the thing..

It is clearly posted on Carnival's website that heating pads are not permitted and can be confiscated BUT

if your cabin steward sees the heating pad, reports it, the heating pad gets taken, guess who loses? The cabin steward who can kiss their wages goodbye for the week.

Before anyone complains that Carnival should still enforce the rules, why don't passengers just follow them?

I would never reduce a stewards tips for doing his job.

Edited by spotte

It is in the FAQ section of the website.

Are there restrictions on what we can bring aboard?

RESTRICTED ITEMS – SAFETY AND SECURITY POLICY

In order to maintain a safe and secure environment, Carnival prohibits bringing certain items onboard. Additionally, we reserve the right to confiscate (and destroy) any articles that in our discretion are considered dangerous or pose a risk or inconvenience to the safety and security of the ship, or our guests, and no compensation will be provided.

Confiscated Items

• Alcohol (hard liquor)/sealed, unopened bottles

• Beer/sealed, unopened bottles/cans

• Wine or champagne/sealed, unopened bottles - beyond the allowable limit of one bottle (750 ml. size) per adult 21 years of age (brought on at embarkation time only in their carry-on luggage)

• Clothing irons and steamers (all Carnival ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Fleet-wide valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.)

• Electrical and household appliances, i.e. coffee makers, hot plates, toasters, etc. (See Exceptions)

• Heating Pads

• Hookah

Edited by Mysticks1

I would never reduce a stewards tips for doing his job.

Are there restrictions on what we can bring aboard?

RESTRICTED ITEMS – SAFETY AND SECURITY POLICY

In order to maintain a safe and secure environment, Carnival prohibits bringing certain items onboard. Additionally, we reserve the right to confiscate (and destroy) any articles that in our discretion are considered dangerous or pose a risk or inconvenience to the safety and security of the ship, or our guests, and no compensation will be provided.

Confiscated Items

• Alcohol (hard liquor)/sealed, unopened bottles

• Beer/sealed, unopened bottles/cans

• Wine or champagne/sealed, unopened bottles - beyond the allowable limit of one bottle (750 ml. size) per adult 21 years of age (brought on at embarkation time only in their carry-on luggage)

• Clothing irons and steamers (all Carnival ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Fleet-wide valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.)

• Electrical and household appliances, i.e. coffee makers, hot plates, toasters, etc. (See Exceptions)

• Heating Pads

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-544510